Anyone tried the joye e-go/tornado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
My DH has been wanting a battery mod like a screwdriver, silver bullet, something for when he's at work so he doesn't have to worry about charging batteries.

He uses a regular 510 atty with mega batteries right now, but hates how long the batteries are, and it still isn't enough time for him. I noticed the e-go batteries at 650mAh it is over twice what the mega batteries are. I have made sure he is well stocked on atty's and wonder if those batteries can be used with regular 510 atty's. It should be ok, right (3.7v) but I'll admit I'm an idiot when it comes to electrical talk. Those Mega atty's are nothing special just longer, right?

Any other suggestions for my to get DH. He just doesn't want to look like he is vaping a ladies e-cig. KWIM.

thanks

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
LOVE my Ego! It's not the LEAST bit 'girlie' and I'm a girl! (Hmm, may have to see if I can find m'self a pink one with some disco lights and a bow..)

All joking aside, I've received my FAIR whack of perverted comments about my 'little metal friend', but I hang out with a bunch of men and they're all sick in the head.

I get between 8-10 hours from it and I'm a chain vaper. Tell the hubby to go ahead and order one, he won't be sorry. Unless he orders a pink one with purple polka dots...

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I love mine, and must also mention that I get more flavour than a regular 510, in addition to longer battery life and a hardly noticeable reduction in vapour production when the battery is dying.

Agreed. The only way I know the batteries dying is when it starts flashing it's little light at me. NO noticable drop off in vapor or taste UNTIL it's dead! :)

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
Agreed. The only way I know the batteries dying is when it starts flashing it's little light at me. NO noticable drop off in vapor or taste UNTIL it's dead! :)

Yeah, the first few times it happens, you think that it must have something wrong with it! It just stops. Especially if it's light out and you don't notice the LED, a few times I have actually though that my atty died. No mouthful of juice, sputtering or any of the stuff that happens with a regular 510. I have to say that's probably my favourite part of upgrading to the ego.

Vapor Vamp

Mar 29, 2010
Everywhere I go
My DH has been wanting a battery mod like a screwdriver, silver bullet, something for when he's at work so he doesn't have to worry about charging batteries.

He uses a regular 510 atty with mega batteries right now, but hates how long the batteries are, and it still isn't enough time for him. I noticed the e-go batteries at 650mAh it is over twice what the mega batteries are. I have made sure he is well stocked on atty's and wonder if those batteries can be used with regular 510 atty's. It should be ok, right (3.7v) but I'll admit I'm an idiot when it comes to electrical talk. Those Mega atty's are nothing special just longer, right?

Any other suggestions for my to get DH. He just doesn't want to look like he is vaping a ladies e-cig. KWIM.

thanks

If he drips,
a stainless steel T-tip from Super-T
(regular style, not contour)
gives it a really industrial look.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I'm not sure if I speak for anyone else here, but what is a DH? I'm quite aware of most of the abbreviations on this site and elsewhere and can usually figure it out, but I am drawing a blank on this one... closest I can figure is "dear husband," but I could be way off. Anyone?

You got it! I know, because I had to ask the same thing about a week ago! :oops:

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
Scottbee, sorry I really do know how to use the search function and usually do try to use it 1st. Guess I got lazy today and just checked the 1st page here and did see anything. Go figure it's one of my own pet peeves.:oops:

I'm not sure if I speak for anyone else here, but what is a DH? I'm quite aware of most of the abbreviations on this site and elsewhere and can usually figure it out, but I am drawing a blank on this one... closest I can figure is "dear husband," but I could be way off. Anyone?

Yes in this case it's dear husband, darling husband, but on a moments notice the "D" can be changed to mean something else. "Darling", "Dear" Husband has been a good boy and hasn't made his way to the dog house lately. :D

Thanks everyone, not noticing a drop in vapor at the end would be really nice. I may need some for myself now too.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Started with Janty eGo this week and love the battery life. Been getting about 8 hours on a battery but I read some get even longer life. Best thing is you get to keep and use all your 510 atomizers and carts.
I agree with your husband on the extended 510 batteries. Although they had quite a bit longer life they never felt right in my hand. My wife loves them on her 510 and won't use anything else.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Scottbee, sorry I really do know how to use the search function and usually do try to use it 1st. Guess I got lazy today and just checked the 1st page here and did see anything. Go figure it's one of my own pet peeves.:oops:

No problem Safira.... and I didn't mean to come across like a DB... ;)

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
No problem Safira.... and I didn't mean to come across like a DB... ;)

OK you got me. DB, (dang .......??) I'm usually pretty good at this game. Sometimes my son and I text each other weird stuff as a joke, like IWITPL (I'm waiting in the parking lot) Yes just really stupid jokes we do with each other.

Either way I don't "think" you're being a DB. :confused: :)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
OK you got me. DB, (dang .......??) I'm usually pretty good at this game. Sometimes my son and I text each other weird stuff as a joke, like IWITPL (I'm waiting in the parking lot) Yes just really stupid jokes we do with each other.

Either way I don't "think" you're being a DB. :confused: :)

DB.... definition: "An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intelligence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears."

If you Google that (in quotes)... you'll find the hidden cookie. ;)

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
?????
Deutsche Bank :confused:

nope just dont get it, unless its an up pompay pun on the element scott.

on topic - the ego battery is ok IMHO much more practical then the std
off topic - was stuck in van for 5 nights due to the volcaino nice city you got there Jaybones

aaaaaaaa penny drops
google the quotes, over here in blighty we dont get them sounds too french, we get other things instaid

Last edited:

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
?????
Deutsche Bank :confused:

nope just dont get it, unless its an up pompay pun on the element scott.

on topic - the ego battery is ok IMHO much more practical then the std
off topic - was stuck in van for 5 nights due to the volcaino nice city you got there Jaybones

aaaaaaaa penny drops
google the quotes, over here in blighty we dont get them sounds too french, we get other things instaid

LOL, It's OK I had to look at it for a few seconds before the joke sank in, and I didn't have the same excuse you have.

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA
I only got my eGo yesterday so take this as you will...

I LOVE IT!

I charged up one of the batteries to full, went to work, and after a 12 hour shift, I'm on the same battery! Ok, probably I don't vape as much as some, but I hit it pretty often and with my regular 510 I'd go through probably 4 battery changes a night (automatic battery, hated it!) . So I'm quite happy with that aspect.

I'm digging everything about the eGo. The battery life, the vape, the TH, the look and feel. All groovy to me. As far as it being girlie? Not at all. I think it's more like a cheroot. Which is about as manly as you can get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread