2 weeks vaping and off to bottom feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLynx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
WA
I love my 510 Joye Mega but feel the itch for something a little different to use as well. I've settled on a 3.7v Old Goat. The reo's are stunning but way out of my price range. Plus with the extra's I"m going to need, batteries, atty's, charger etc I'm already pushing the budget. For those of you that have used something similar, is there a pretty big difference in performance? (vapor, battery life) over the mega or similar? I'm excited about being able to vape without swerving :blush: mostly kidding

I've tried the cartos and while my BF is a huge fan, I miss the extra taste. OH did I mention? my analog loving BF just ordered his own starter set for the mega and juice, I'm super proud of him! He was really resisting the idea but I think he was curious about my new and foreign rituals. He succombed in secret and would vape my pink 510 when I went to bed. Now he just drains my batteries and leaves me without one :/

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I purchased an Old Goat 3.7v bottomfeeder about a month ago and it is the one I take everywhere I go. It has an on/off switch so I don't have to worry about it firing when it's in my pocket or purse, comes with two 3ml bottles. It is a little workhorse and one battery lasts me most of the day.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase......I keep four different attys/cartos loaded up all the time but I use the OG mod most. Just hit one of the other ones when I need a change of flavor.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The 510 batteries run at 3.2 volts under load, whereas a true 3.7 volt battery runs at 3.7 volts under load.
A 510 atomizer is generally around 2.3 ohms of resistance.

The difference...
2.3 ohms at 3.2 volts = 4.45 watts of power
2.3 ohms at 3.7 volts = 5.95 watts of power

That would be a 33% increase in power, which should sort of mean a 33% increase in performance.

But also keep in mind that a 3.7 volt battery generally charges up to 4.2 volts and drops off from there.
So really, fresh off the charger you should see even better performance.

The tradeoff is that the true 3.7 volt batteries performance will drop off over time between charges...

The 3.2 volt batteries are regulated to provide consistent 3.2 volts the whole time, so more consistent but less performance.
However, the true 3.7 volt batteries are less consistent, but have better performance for most of the time between charges.

I would never go back to 510 batteries, the difference is that noticeable to me.
:)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I like mine.. it tends to leak juice out of the button and bottom but I think it does this when I squeeze too much. It is umm, different.. don't know about better. It is neat to be able to fill and go. I tried to use it with a LR atty but it either leaked or tasted too hot so I went back to using a higher resistance atty. It takes a bit of practice to get the squeezing just right. I got the clear white one but if I get another it will be black. You'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread