Anyone have vivid dreams from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I noticed when i started vaping (have not smoked before) that i had crazy vivid dreams at nights. But now with time it has subsided. I was wondering does anyone still experience this as time goes on? :)
I'll anwer that with may be. I had those as a little kid. In fact I regularly did lucid dreaming and sometimes wished I could bring that back. I figured out a way, sleep alot when you aren't tired. It works but it is brutal. The days of lucid dreaming are past, good bye and good ridance. So the point is, I think my dreams are more vivid since I quit smoking and started vaping but it might be because my sleep is more effective, may be I'm a less tired sleeper.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Are you vaping e-liquid with nicotine? If you are, it could be the nicotine doing it.

Although I was a thirty year smoker, the handful of times that I tried to quit using patches, I would have very vivid dreams when I wore the patch 24/7. As I understand it, although my body was used to the nicotine, it was not used to a steady supply of it around the clock, and nicotine at night can cause vivid dreams in some people.

Maybe that's a little of what you're experiencing?

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Are you vaping e-liquid with nicotine? If you are, it could be the nicotine doing it.

Although I was a thirty year smoker, the handful of times that I tried to quit using patches, I would have very vivid dreams when I wore the patch 24/7. As I understand it, although my body was used to the nicotine, it was not used to a steady supply of it around the clock, and nicotine at night can cause vivid dreams in some people.

Maybe that's a little of what you're experiencing?

I had the same experience when using the patches. Except they were nightmares! :eek: Not fun at all. I don't get them from vaping. I agree it's the nic.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I've heard of it with smoking cessations things like the patch and gum and that damned pill they try to push on everyone that makes you go ....ing nuts who's name escapes me at the moment. Chantix, there it is. And no I'm not going back to retype all that. But from what I've pieced together in my reading it's the withdrawal from the nicotine that actually causes the super vivid dreams. If there's nicotine in your juice then you're probably withdrawing a bit as you sleep. It's good it's lessened over time though, means you're getting used it.
If it starts coming back or getting too much to handle though, check with a doctor (a real one, not one of these holistic naturopath homeopathy peddling frauds you see so many of these days)

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I noticed when i started vaping (have not smoked before) that i had crazy vivid dreams at nights. But now with time it has subsided. I was wondering does anyone still experience this as time goes on? :)

Known side effect of nicotine, thus it is suggested vapers that used very ultralight cigs, hookah, or low nicotine tobacco applications not to vape on nicotine before bed. Nicotine is a stimulant and vascular (artery/blood vessel) constrictor, thus the reason it gives a pick me up when feeling out of energy, the head buzz etc. It also, help connect neuron path ways in the brain, and receptors, this can translate into vivid, lucid, sometimes technicolor dreams. I've been using nicotine so long, my body is used to it and need at least a low dose to fall asleep or I toss and turn for several ours before taking the plunge into the depths of sleep.

I still have vivid mind funk chaos you can call it at the boundary when sinking over into sleep which is what everyone has, to me a vivid dream that registers as significant like everyone is the rise back up from REM sleep where the sub-conscious is still in its chaotic maelstrom and the conscious mind is taking back control, these I have very few of just like anyone. If your "Vivid" dreams you are experiencing are more fearful, you feel threatened, in danger, or such more often (nightmare type dreams), then there could be an underlying problem in your life you need to address, the biggest worry is the stimulant aspect of nicotine affecting you falling under into REM sleep, if it is harder to for you to do so, takes longer to go under, suggest you not vape or vape on 0mg/0% nicotine at least 30minutes to an hour before going to sleep.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Im vaping 36 nic... if its the nic causing the vivid dreams then I should be having some awesome dreams... but Im not :blink:

If you are used to the nic level, you won't get the dreams. I vape 24 mg and don't get them. The OP is a non-smoker turned nic vaper.

Reactions: Opinionated

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Im vaping 36 nic... if its the nic causing the vivid dreams then I should be having some awesome dreams... but Im not :blink:

Not everyone gets the same reaction, and as you're used to a high nic content, you may not have an issue. I have no problem either from my vaping, but I did with the patch delivering a constant amount of nic while sleeping, it was an issue. It might also be that the OP isn't even a smoker, and this is their first exposure to nicotine, they're more sensitive to side effects.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
I've heard of it with smoking cessations things like the patch and gum and that damned pill they try to push on everyone that makes you go ....ing nuts who's name escapes me at the moment. Chantix, there it is. And no I'm not going back to retype all that. But from what I've pieced together in my reading it's the withdrawal from the nicotine that actually causes the super vivid dreams. If there's nicotine in your juice then you're probably withdrawing a bit as you sleep. It's good it's lessened over time though, means you're getting used it.
If it starts coming back or getting too much to handle though, check with a doctor (a real one, not one of these holistic naturopath homeopathy peddling frauds you see so many of these days)
And what kind of doctor do you think will prescribe Chantix to us ? A real one ?

Reactions: Opinionated

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Used to have smoking dreams, take a drag, realize I now vape and look for a mod. No longer though.

Used to think it was from lower nic consumption compared to the cigs allowing me to go deeper into sleep.

Not the case however as I'm almost at 0 nic and rarely dream anymore.
The mind is a funny and complex thing, we each have different concerns feelings and beliefs that will influence our thoughts and dreams. Age will play a huge part too.

If you are taking medications they might also affect your sleep and dream states.

Could vaping be a contributing factor?

Maybe. imo. Cheers

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread