Any way to make an OT sub-forum or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teslastick

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
OR
So much spam and off topic posts and threads here. Would it be possible to make a sub-forum for those who like to spam so we don't have to wade through all the BS and nonsense to find content related to E-cigs and V4L? Maybe an OT sticky or something..... Spam and OT only bumps content related topics down every time someone posts or replies..

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
The family chat thread is a good place for a lot of the OT stuff - notice the one that is essentially a sticky, is on page 76 in a little over a week. I think a good compromise would be for all the atta boy, great job, way to go, and pats on the back could be posted therein, leaving the main page for more topical discussions. Some of the OT stuff is great fun, it has just become dominant in recent months; Just my 2c

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
So much spam and off topic posts and threads here. Would it be possible to make a sub-forum for those who like to spam so we don't have to wade through all the BS and nonsense to find content related to E-cigs and V4L? Maybe an OT sticky or something..... Spam and OT only bumps content related topics down every time someone posts or replies..

I never thought I would agree with a post like this, but I have to say the postings seem WAY out of control. I like the V4L Friends thread idea....but so many of the other threads are just chit-chat. This
forum should be a place where people new to e-cigarettes and V4L will feel comfortable to ask questions and get educated on the e-cigs. This is a forum with so many nice people, and I understand the
friendships being made, but it's hard to follow information in threads if they are continually going OT. Just my 2 cents also.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
100% not in favor on this one Teslastick sir..... What makes this place special is the organic conversion that spouts from every topic... Taking that away kills the place..... But what do I know, I'm just a big mouthed idiot who is constantly guilty of going ot.... I will gladly leave if that is no longer wanted.......

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Morandir don't you dare leave. We'll have to send out a Kitten Army Patrol to find you . . . maybe even the Alpha Wolf!

I plead guilty to being a repeat OT offender. I will try in the future to be a bit less guilty, perhaps simply by starting a new thread instead of "highjacking" the existing one.

The thing is, that as so many have (and no doubt others will) pointed out, our V4L threads are more like organic conversations than chapters in an Owner's Manual. This place was like that when I arrived a few short months ago, and it was one of the primary features that attracted me here.

You'll notice that, despite our chattiness, LOTS of newb questions get asked and cheerfully answered, no matter how often they crop up, and no one gets scolded for asking. I could be wrong, but I don't think our chattiness really makes this forum that difficult a place for people to get their e-cig related questions answered, and answered swiftly.

Perhaps one of the grown-ups (V4L staff) will chime in with an opinion on the OP's opinion. It's ultimately their forum, after all.

Last edited:

Mookelboo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Beds, UK
It was the poop discussion yesterday, wasn't it. :p

I guess maybe I'm an OT criminal if something tickles me, I do try to stay OT. Saying that, as a bit of a noob I really cannot express enough how lovely a place this is to come and hang out. I understand the point about information but, I maybe didn't have as much of an issue finding it 2 weeks ago when I started up on this forum. The folks here in particular are warm and generous and super-supportive. It really would be a shame for that to go away but, if that's what is required - well, suppose it'll happen.

Morandir please don't go!!!

Doh - I read that back again after submit and one sentence sounded strange and not what I'd intended -- in plain speak, I have -0- problema finding the answers I needed a very short time ago -- thats what I meant.

Last edited:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I don't think you mean spam... Spam should not be tolerated at all. That is the thing people do to anger us, push their products off on us, be cruel and disrupt us. They should be reported.
Off Topic should be Identied as O.T. The threads asking for help or where's the juice/cartos/batts are normal forum chat.
This forum is special, it's not full of off color garbage..except for snow and max..lol It's not bashing other vendors and it's not boring! It's is full of friends and fun. It is a family.
The amount of traffic here is not due to someone asking where their missing carto is or how to clean a batt..it to see what is new and what their favorite poster is up to today.
Most of us can find answers fairly quickly, or else we ask for help finding the answers. Many here know right where to find the answer and are kind enough to help.
Don't mess with sucess! :)

Sorry I meant to add that I owned a board back a few years ago, and I understand one thing..the very best threads drift. You start with how do you bake an apple pie and end with movies that have pie fights in them!

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Even in the off topic thread questions get asked and answered... Very often when a new thread pops up asking the same old questions you'll see they get quickly answered by the usual suspects, the same ones so famous for being ot.....

Ms. Keyzy, Ms. Eleanor, and Ms. Mookelboo I won't go if someone from V4L says that ot is still ok... If not, no idea where I'll go......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread