Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Nothing against clones here, but...

Wouldn't it be justice if another Chinese company came and did a knockoff of this mod for $20? :p

Nope
Clones are one-TENTH the cost of legit mods.
The clone would have to be priced at $2.

:p

(Sarcasm above!!!)
Disclaimers needed on this forum.

Modders should be paying close attention.
They better have some of that premium mod money stashed because the industry is about to get a big wake up call.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
I swear, I am going to go to a local machine shop, hand them a mod and some specs to be produced for a few bucks per unit, start a wait list and hype how the next big thing is on the horizon, put a money bag on it and call it the "Sucker is Born Every Minute". When it sells out of it's "Limited Edition" run I'm going to buy myself a house. Heck, American made and I'll even have it produced in ultra snazzy and rare "copper". hahaha

THEN DO IT. Heard this one before too, still haven't seen it done.

Whether authentics are too expensive or not is not even the issue. The issue is cheap knockoffs of legit products, regardless of price. Why would you buy something that is made to look like something else, made to mimic something else, and has about a 50/50 chance of even working correctly right out of the box? Where is the pride in ownership in that? And then all the clone owners going around forums touting it like they have the real thing.

If R&D can be factored in and still be able to price a mech with the same quality as high ends, then why aren't Chinese companies doing it? No Chinese company that makes original mechs really innovates, and no Chinese originals are as good quality as most authentic mods. I challenge you to find an original mod out of China priced less than the $40-$50 range.

Actions speak louder than words, and the majority of Chinese e-cig companies steal designs and logos and simply pay machining costs for often inferior machining (also, never seen a 1:1 clone where that ratio actually held true), thereby allowing them to price their counterfeit products less expensively.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
i find it pretty comical that this has turned into an economics debate over a cheap mod. why not just buy it and use it if it works, toss it if it doesn't? the way i imagine it is this: i used to spend ~$40+ a week on smokes, why not risk the $30 or so on a mod from a new company.

i do have to say i am not a fan of the 26650 batteries though, they are way bulky.

It's not that. It's that certain members feel it necessary to bring this debate up wherever they go. There are those of us that purchase only authentic that have to hold their tongue on practically every other damn topic on this forum because of the rampant counterfeit talk, and yet, most of us do. Yet the clone advocates feel it necessary to make provocative posts to justify clone buying?

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
There are those of us that purchase only authentic that have to hold their tongue on practically every other damn topic on this forum because of the rampant counterfeit talk, and yet, most of us do. Yet the clone advocates feel it necessary to make provocative posts to justify clone buying?

Exactly which forum are you reading?

Can we stop with the "I own only authentics, yet I am oppressed by the owners of clones" nonsense?

The last thing that authentic-only people on this forum do is hold their tongue, apparently even in a thread where people are praising a Chinese company that is known for making clones goes off and makes an original of their own. You never see clone owners start these fights, yet the forums are full of authentic-only owners calling those who own clones immoral and unethical. The last thing you are is somehow oppressed.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Whether authentics are too expensive or not is not even the issue. The issue is cheap knockoffs of legit products, regardless of price. Why would you buy something that is made to look like something else, made to mimic something else, and has about a 50/50 chance of even working correctly right out of the box? Where is the pride in ownership in that? And then all the clone owners going around forums touting it like they have the real thing.
Reminds me of the fake Rolex craze. Granted, you'd get the occasional idiot who tried to pass their fake off as original and they got laughed out of the room for doing it. Most got it because they couldn't afford a real one but liked the looks.

There are a majority of people out there where a $200+ expenditure is a huge deal. But they can manage $20 or $30. I've personally never seen the owner of a clone pass it off as an original.

Bottom line, way too many of the authentic only club love the idea of being part of an elitist clique and anything that threatens that is bad.

This has been hashed out repeatedly here everywhere. And the first shot always seems to be fired from the authentic only camp. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
Reminds me of the fake Rolex craze. Granted, you'd get the occasional idiot who tried to pass their fake off as original and they got laughed out of the room for doing it. Most got it because they couldn't afford a real one but liked the looks.

There are a majority of people out there where a $200+ expenditure is a huge deal. But they can manage $20 or $30. I've personally never seen the owner of a clone pass it off as an original.

Bottom line, way too many of the authentic only club love the idea of being part of an elitist clique and anything that threatens that is bad.

This has been hashed out repeatedly here everywhere. And the first shot always seems to be fired from the authentic only camp. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

For the record, clone-only camp fired the shot this time.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
The first shot was, indeed, from the clone camp.

Although there are some bad apples on the authentic side as well.

I, myself, freely admit that I find amusement in some of the opinions, mainly on the clone side... and while I consider copying a logo to be counterfeiting, I could care less what people buy for themselves. Therefore, my participation in these threads stem from other reasons than mods.

For example...Kahuna, please, do find a machine shop and do just that.

If you produce a good mod for $50, I will be among the first to buy it :)

Just like I will buy a good original Chinese mod.

Last edited:

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Honestly I think this is great. Slap some cool random graphic or some Kanji on a tube mod and sell it cheap.

Come on, you know this. You just have a weird chip on your shoulder about high end mods.

Just don't buy them if you don't like it....why run around a bunch of threads whining?
Lol, this! seriously, show us on the doll where the evil mod maker touched you.
You know how hard it is reading all of the "Help my xxx clone doesn't work" and not say "well, what do you expect, you bought a cheap Chinese knock off? or post pics of Nelson from the Simpsons going Ha ha!????
You say the authentic camp runs around posting everywhere but I sure don't see it. I know I keep my mouth shut 90% of the time. However you can bet any thread asking about authentics is met with a bunch of fasttech links and "oh the clone is a perfect 1:1" every single time. Along with Ninja bashing OEMs and justifying his purchasing habits. Lol, then you run right over to the "Help my xxx clone doesn't work" thread and start helping the guy troubleshoot his clone that's supposed to be 1:1 and just as great as the original.
Trust me, I don't shoot my mouth off about counterfeits nearly as much as you guys do about authentics.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Honestly I think this is great. Slap some cool random graphic or some Kanji on a tube mod and sell it cheap.

Lol, this! seriously, show us on the doll where the evil mod maker touched you.
You know how hard it is reading all of the "Help my xxx clone doesn't work" and not say "well, what do you expect, you bought a cheap Chinese knock off? or post pics of Nelson from the Simpsons going Ha ha!????
You say the authentic camp runs around posting everywhere but I sure don't see it. I know I keep my mouth shut 90% of the time. However you can bet any thread asking about authentics is met with a bunch of fasttech links and "oh the clone is a perfect 1:1" every single time. Along with Ninja bashing OEMs and justifying his purchasing habits. Lol, then you run right over to the "Help my xxx clone doesn't work" thread and start helping the guy troubleshoot his clone that's supposed to be 1:1 and just as great as the original.
Trust me, I don't shoot my mouth off about counterfeits nearly as much as you guys do about authentics.

Personally I don't shout my mouth off at either. It's the attitude that some bring to the conversation, passing moral judgments and insisting on telling others how to spend their money. I buy and use both clones and authentics because they both have a place in my collection. I mostly use the clones as on-the-go beaters that won't upset me if I drop it on concrete at a bad angle and badly cross thread the lock ring (like I did the other day with my Brass Stingray clone). I'd be pretty upset if I did that with my Sir Lancelot or Akuma or Roller.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass

Is it really that hard to ignore a topic/post? Is it that hard to MYOB? Because I don't find it hard at all to peruse through the Hana v3 thread or any number of other threads and not make fun of people for spending $250 on an aluminum box that's scratched or has crooked connectors or . . .

Dude.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Is it really that hard to ignore a topic/post? Is it that hard to MYOB? Because I don't find it hard at all to peruse through the Hana v3 thread or any number of other threads and not make fun of people for spending $250 on an aluminum box that's scratched or has crooked connectors or . . .

Dude.
I was being facetious but no, it's not that hard. It does seem a lot harder for the clone fanbois to resist as they just can't help jumping in on any thread about authentics ;)

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
So.....back on point ;) has anyone picked one up yet? Although I have no interest in 26650 devices I have high hopes for a non-clone original for under $50. For that reason I really hope this one is a great performer.

I truly believe that if some of the big boys on the block (Altsmoke, Provari, Innokin, HCigar, etc) used existing equipment they already have to put out a basic (but great!) metal tube-style mech mod with original stylings for $50 I think it would do very well. Build it around the 18650 battery (or even better make it telescopic so it accomadates all 18 series up to 650).

Kahuna Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Round Rock, Texas, United States
So.....back on point ;) has anyone picked one up yet? Although I have no interest in 26650 devices I have high hopes for a non-clone original for under $50. For that reason I really hope this one is a great performer.

I truly believe that if some of the big boys on the block (Altsmoke, Provari, Innokin, HCigar, etc) used existing equipment they already have to put out a basic (but great!) metal tube-style mech mod with original stylings for $50 I think it would do very well. Build it around the 18650 battery (or even better make it telescopic so it accomadates all 18 series up to 650).

I ordered one, this will be my first 26650. I'm not crazy about these huge devices but I'm a sucker for a naval theme.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Raises Hand...I just ordered one from 101 Vapes this morning...

Long story..I got legit 26650 mech mod from USA manufacture and off the bat, none of my atties fit right and wobbles like crazy...the manufacture acknowledge that others have this issue with authentic and clone atties and redesigning the top cap, so my stomach sank and I got worse buyer's remorse now....The vendor can't help me until Mod maker sends them a new cap...

so I've been staring at two big green batteries...so I said screw it I order HCigar this morning instead of clone Hades or Mutant..I'll report back in a week to give my thoughts on HCigar 26650 mech...I apologize ahead time because I don't own an inline volt meter to measure drops...but I'll just give my honest opinion on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread