And the Journey Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

COBRACOMMANDER82

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hey, my name is Matt, 30, and I am from Augusta, Ga. I decided to quit smoking on March 27, 2013, because I was tired of the phlegm, ash, smell, and poor respiratory system. I smoked Camel Lights for 13 years. Since I started this new hobby, I have owned in order the V2-Cigs, Innokin SVD, Provari mini, and Sigelei Stainless V3 ZMAX Telescope. I have only used a Joye atomizer, iClear 10, and iClear 30s since moving to mods. I have purchased juice from Namber juice, MT Baker Vapor, Canyon Creek, Fuzion Creek, Vermillion River, and Crazy Vapors. Man I feel that I have come such a long way in a little over a month, but I have such a long way to go. But much like life, this is a journey and not a destination. One of my reasons to quit was to save money. Throw that ..... out the window. I have spent way too much money for this hobby and education. I have loved every minute of it. I am now looking into rebuildables and carto tanks. Before someone says that it's not for beginners, I cannot be talked out of it. I want to expand my hobby and learning curve right now. It is crazy how everything is sold out right now. I think I may start with a ZAP V2.1 and a Phiniac/Boge XL. I welcome any questions, advice, or just a simple hello. Well, I have been stalking the forum for about a month now and this is my first post. I need to get my numbers up to post elsewhere and post pictures. So, can I walk with you guys and girls on this journey or what? :D

Welcome Matt.. good to meet you! I smoked "around" the same amount of time (21 years - quit two years ago) and close to your age (36). I see you're starting to experience the discovery journey that is vaping; such an awesome hobby full of different directions and flavors.

I can think of no other hobby that I've experienced that one minute you're just looking around at different sites for information and the next thing you know, your credit card is in your hand. So many options and so many different avenues to try that it almost makes the mind boggle.

Regardless; welcome and glad you're here.

COBRACOMMANDER82

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hey Delta. I feel like Christopher Columbus. I feel like I found a new land and then found millions already living on the "new land." Man, where have I been for the past 6 years or so? Yea lately, I have been memorizing my card number. That way, when the "boss" walks in the room, she won't see me with my debit card in my hand in front of the computer smoking off the Provari, again. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey & Welcome! I thought I moved fast! Lol! Glad to have you here! Tons of great info & people!

To access the classifieds you need to get your post count up to 20. After that you can fill out the verification form. It usually takes a couple of days from there to get verified. You can click on 'verified member' under my name or anyone else's for more info.

Also check out the blogs for Baditudes blogs on cartotanks! They are absolutely all that I use now!

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I started vaping around the same time but only moved upto ego twists, I'm finding out of stocks aswell but the protanks must have something to do with it since they seem to be available *shifty eyes* lol. Rbas really have nothing to do with being new, more or less an aptitude for tinkering with things is all you need. Aga t2 is a great starter and only about a $20 investment which is nothing compared to what you have spent it seems. There are better but its a good rba to play around with.

COBRACOMMANDER82

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Augusta, GA
Star, I have been contemplating purchasing a cheaper rba before I make the plunge. But, I think I am going with the new ZAP with the ceramic wick. I would like to support what Zenesis is doing here in the USA as much as possible. China can do it for cheaper, but we can do it with style and quality. I just think I would rather have one rba for now and not wind up buying 5 in the search for the ZAP, like I did my Provari. I am a chemical operator, so I am a bit of a tinker by nature.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
You are an angel Chimney. Thanks for the answer. Yea, I tend to move very fast in anything hobby related. I waste money in the beginning, but gain good knowledge very fast. 11 more posts until I can fill out the verification form.

Wasting money...never! Lol! The way I see it is we're off the ciggys so either way I win! I moved pretty quickly as well but managed to sell my pv's on the classifieds but I've also purchased more things on there as well! :facepalm: This vaping world is certainly a hobby/addiction for me too! We're the same age but I started smoking when I was 15 & didn't really think I'd ever quit...I didn't really want to either! But I'm so glad I found this forum! It opened up a whole new world for me!

COBRACOMMANDER82

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Augusta, GA
I really never knew how much I really wanted to quit, until I did. I enjoy vaping juice so much more than I ever enjoyed smoking. Smoking was always a guilty need for me. Vaping is just a pleasure. Someone got an attitude with me the other day and asked me how much I have spent so far. I looked them straight in the eye and said I didn't care if I spent thousands. That is how much I wanted to quit. They ust looked the other way and continued their analog. This is fun for me and if I can avoid cancer in the near future or other smoking related illnesses, then this has all just been a dime in the bucket.

COBRACOMMANDER82

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Augusta, GA
Star, always stay within your budget. I am not advocating spending too much. To be honest, I picked up extra work and sold some things on eBay to help out. I had to get crafty and crafty I did. Canadian would be nice. I am pleasantly surprised of the respect of the Greek products. That's a nation I can support and could truly use it. But, it seems most quality parts are backed up in production.

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
Wasting money...never! Lol! The way I see it is we're off the ciggys so either way I win! I moved pretty quickly as well but managed to sell my pv's on the classifieds but I've also purchased more things on there as well! :facepalm: This vaping world is certainly a hobby/addiction for me too! We're the same age but I started smoking when I was 15 & didn't really think I'd ever quit...I didn't really want to either! But I'm so glad I found this forum! It opened up a whole new world for me!

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread