Am I the only one annoyed about the Atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamQuitsCigz

May 6, 2013
DC
How long does an eRoll atomizer lasts you?

my attys piss me off!!! i keep getting burnt taste like 2 or 3 days after installing a new atomizer on my eRoll! And im not a heavy vaper. the juice i use 50/50, 6 mg nic!

I seriously just got a fresh 5 atomizers pack for $25 last week and 2 of them were bad and im down to one now.

Is it only me? :confused:

Thanks for the input, guys!

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
That does not happen with mine. But, I use Dekang DK4 in my eroll and the attys have been going for about 10 days so far. On the other hand, when they get to where they do not fire properly, I can take the spike off, dry burn and rewick them. As an example, I have had an ecab for nearly a year and I have reconditioned them a few times and they are still going strong.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I share your frustration. I absolutely love my eroll's form factor but atty performance can be disappointing, depending almost exclusively on the juice.

The only options I've developed are:
1. Find a juice composition and flavor that you like and that performs well in the tiny atty;
2. Learn to rewick the spike and do so frequently;
3. Put it in a drawer where you can't see it; use delivery devices that perform better and take it out of that drawer only occasionally when the form factor is worth the hassle.

I've gone with all three options above. :)

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
No, only the red oak line is VG. I love Jc's flavors but gave up on them because they caused to many issues in the eroll. Dark juices clog faster than lighter ones. As someone said the dekang stuff seem to run pretty clean.

There are tons of videos out there showing how to clean and re-wick the ego-c. I have not purchased an atomizer in almost 3 months. I re-wick all the time. I have 13 atomizers out of 20 that still work. I use silicone wicks, but have tried stainless steel,hemp and cotton. I sit down about once a month and re-wick all of them. If you were still smoking $5 wouldn't even get a pack of cigarettes.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I am exactly one week into my eRoll kit and have wasted both atomizers. Picked up a few youtube videos on how to disassemble and dry burn, and out of desperation, managed to save one tonight. Had to reuse the original wick that was welded to the coil by a pile of slag.. Managed to get it all back together with a freshly dry burned coil and it vapes great now. Tasted like hell because of the scorched wick that I literally had to reconstruct from shreds. About three tanks into it now and the taste is coming around again. Three more days until I receive my 5 pack of atomizers. I don't know if it was the juice or if these atomizers are just that high maintenance..

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Try rinsing/soaking your attys after they give you a burned or dry taste. My favorite juice only gives me a few days with each atty, but if I rinse them with super hot water, they are good to go for another few days after they dry. After doing that a few times, I soak them in alcohol, then rinse and dry. They are good to go again. I have yet to throw any attys out.

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
Eric, where are you sourcing the silicone wicks you mentioned above? Are they safe health wise? (Sorry.. Noob question) If I managed to reconstruct one from shredded fibers, I can certainly entertain the idea of popping some new ones in every week or so. Thanks.

I purchased my silicone wick from here:Rebuildable Atomizer 2mm Silica Wick I also wrap the tip with a tiny piece of stainless steel mesh. It just makes it easier to get the wick in the the spike. You can reuse the mesh that is on the original wick.

As far a health wise, I have read arguments supporting both sides. You can go the stainless steel route, but again there are arguments against and for. I also found stainless to be more finicky, but it lasts a long time. Cotton doesn't last very long, and hemp I was never able to get past the taste.

I'm wondering about planned obsolescence, but the fact that we are continually subjecting very thin wire to repeated heating and cooling and contact with fluids not known to vaporize cleanly seems to belay that notion. Though I do think that the repeat sales and the small market may have dampened the R & D for durable atomizers

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
I went through all the cleaning hassles, disassembly, dry burning, ultrasonic, rewicking, etc. It all works, but then I found good juice. Used an atty for nearly a month without cleaning.

Keep searching for clean juices that work well. I like Full Throttle and others from goodejuice. Their naturally extracted versions gunk up attys pretty quickly from what I've heard, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread