Am I really a Vaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
I need to stop reading stuff I guess. Apparently I doubt myself easily which I find surprising considering my background. Here is the deal...

I am a smoker of analogs and have been for ..I don't know 10, 20 ..freakin seems like forever years...but it is sooo easy to light one up and just smoke. Well OF COURSE I want to quit, have quit before, but because of my type of work, it was all around me and I was back in the thick of it again.

With analogs, you just go to the store, buy a pack, usually get a lighter free and bam, you are on your way. Now here I go into the world of vaping and it is a WHOLE new ballgame.

From what I have been reading, I know I will not get the analog feel (exactly) or taste and that is fine because personally I do not like the taste of cigarettes...I like the SMOKE and a little bit of the taste. Apparently it is the nicotine that keeps me coming back...ummm DUH! That smell and taste they could keep. I may be blonde but I am not that jacked up.:blink:

I have that little ecig (it's called..hang on let me get it..Cig2O) I got it at the Tobacco Tank the other day which in turn has moved me into the world of vaping. I have been trying to figure out between the analog and the ecig what type of PV I would use and enjoy in the long run.

Now my issues....Are we having fun yet? LOL

With analogs, of course, they are easy to just light up and smoke, it is very convenient. With vaping it seems you have to really prepare your stuff to get the full "vaping" experience.

I am not looking for a hobby, I am looking for something to take the place of these cigarettes, so I still want to be able to have that convenience, ya know what I mean. Is that possible with vaping?

Is there such a thing as a Lazy Vaper? :confused:

Maybe I am trying to compare "smoking" to "vaping" and it is not the same thing. I think I am going to "smoke" my PV every two, three hours like a cigarette? Am I looking for that convenience in vaping like a cigarette? Is that possible?

Ya know, my stuff just needs to hurry and get here before I drive myself crazy trying to figure this stuff out ROFL! Ok..one last question..how often do you "vape" during the day? Or do you mostly do it at night? Think I will go look at more stuff and confuse myself more HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..... :p

Just wait until you get your stuff and you start experimenting with some of the crazy juice flavors that are made..... I swear you will be going "I will have this one with my morning coffee".... "I will have this one all day"..... After dinner I will have this one"..... This stuff is crazy insane I swear.... My current list of vapes include "Atomic Fireball" (Tastes like the fireball candy) "Apple Jacks" ( pretty close to the cereal) "Honey Flu Cured Tobacco" for all day and "Caramel Corn" (smells so good I could drink it).....

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
My suggestion to you would be to get a KR808D-1 setup with a couple batteries and a PCC. Simple, convenient, and economical. With prefilled cartos (SmokelesImage has great-tasting prefilled cartos) and a charged battery, you're good to go. Looks like a cigarette, feels like a cigarette. I wouldn't even mess around with all the Joye Tank eGo Atty Dripping Mega Volcano Super 1000 Hot Magma Converter stuff, you'll unnecessarily overwhelm yourself unless you wanna suck on a walkie-talkie. Keep it simple.

Last edited:

Anima

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Texas
I'll say what worked for me (based on advice I got here), and I'm a total lazy noob.

I got a Riva 510 starter kit from liberty-flights.com (carrying case, 2 batteries, charger and 5 cartos) for under $35 (click the 20% off button) and 15 Boge 510 cartos and 2 drip tips (so you don't need tweezers to re-fill) from here: 15 Boge 510 Carto Deal for $20. Then I got some juice.

The only effort is filling cartos and charging batteries. I can fill a handful of cartos in less than 5 minutes (I learned how from this video), and I'm a complete noob. During the day it goes like this: vape and switch cartos as needed; vape and switch battery if necessary. It all fits in the small case.

It may be a little more effort than analogs, but not much.

tattoogirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
illinois
I can tattoo them for you backwards so you can read them in the mirror xD

Im in the same spot you are so much information to absorb and so many choices to make! I settled on a 510 T with the refillable tank but slimmer like a smoke. My husband has the cig2o and I found refillable cartomizers for his that we will fill with eliquid. He drives truck during the day and the cig2o battery seems to last him all day 12 hours though i know he doesnt vape on it constantly. and a cartomizer lasts him the same amount of time. The battery seems to be pretty awesome. I found the refillable blank cartomizers at litecigusa pretty cheap. I do not want to be washing out carts all the time for him so will probably upgrade him the the 510 tank system. it has a clear cart that you fill with liquid and i love mine so far. Finding the right juice seems to be my issue.

my noob advice would be overall that if you like the cig2o and dont want to mess with filling etc stick with it and find a company that sells the filled cartomizers for it. they are the kr808d-1. save all of your carts incase you get frisky and want to try eliquid :) you can clean them out and refill them you can also pick up a few more batteries if 2 wont get you through the day and just keep as many as you need charged and on hand

dormouse - you are my Ace of Spades! I have printed out your instructions and will have them tattoed on my ...!! I will get a mirror or something to be able to read it but I will be dang if I won't always have them! hee,hee

AWESOME! I think I might be a VAPIST!:vapor::vapor: WHERE THE HELL IS THE MAILMAN!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I see you are in Dallas, like I am. All of the stuff is confusing, and it helps to be able to actually see the various parts and pieces, with someone there who can answer questions face to face. And there is a store in Richardson, just a bit north of the 75/635 intersection, where you can do that. That's where I bought my eGo kit. And they've got a very large number of fluid flavors available, which you can try out in the store before you buy.

Vaporescence - eCigarettes, Accessories, US Made eLiquids

You are correct that it'll never be as easy and simple as just lighting a cig. I'm like you - I don't want a hobby, and I don't want it complicated. I'm using an ego T system, and it's pretty straightfoward and simple. The tanks on the ego T have to be refilled fairly often (for me, 2-3 times a day, 'cause I vape a lot), and I have to recharge batteries daily. Sooner or later, my atomizer will wear out, but I'll just unscrew that one, screw another one on, and I'm ready to go again.

I find cartomizers a lot of trouble - apparently refilling them is something of an art form. Dripping is pretty simple, and would be fine for at home, but doesn't work well outside the house, and I need to be able to vape in the car while driving, and I take it when I go out dancing.

The ego T system works well for me. I wish the tanks were a little bigger, but other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Good luck.

It sounds like you might do well with an eGo-T. As others have mentioned, its a bit bigger than a cigarette, but only about the size of a cigar or pen. The "T" stands for "Tank" because it was designed specifically around a "tankomizer" which allows you to simply remove the rubber cap, fill with e-liquid, replace the cap and snap it in place. As far as convenience goes, that's about as convenient as there is right now--the drawback is that it doesn't have quite as much flavor as some other atomizers or cartomizers.

In case you don't like the tankomizer, make sure to try the "Dual Coil Cartomizers"--they're a little trickier to fill than the tanks, but still fairly simple. I also recommend the eGo-T w/ USB Passthru--it has a mini-USB port on the bottom so you can keep the battery charging while you continue vaping. Whenever you leave, just unplug the cord and the battery will last a good long time. Because it charges on USB, you technically don't need a charger or anything else from a kit....

Ego 650mAh battery with USB Charging port - Avid Vaper
eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer - Avid Vaper and/or X2 LR 1.5ohm Dual Coil 510 Cartomizers - Avid Vaper
Joye eGo LR Mega Cone Atomizer - Avid Vaper

Try some or all of those and try out different e-liquid flavors until you find a vape that you like BETTER than smoking.

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Man ya'll are THE NUTS!!! You have broke this issue down for me and given me options I could have NEVER figured out for myself. Now I am excited again!!!!! I wish ya'll all lived in Dallas so we could meet up and go to Vaporescence and have a good laugh at me stumbling through this HAHAHAHA....because that is going to happen tonight! I really don't think I can wait on the dang UPS guy (he isn't even cute!)

I have a poker tournament that I have to play in Saturday, this was another reason for my urgency, I really didn't want to buy any more analogs for Saturday's play. (last pack of these are in my purse now...YIKES!)

Anybody in Dallas wanna go to Vaporescence tonight?????? LOL I promise I won't bite! Oh man oh man.....Why do we have to have it RIGHT NOW!!! I just need to calm my ... down.......:banana:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
tell me about it, my provari will be here saturday :vapor: and i keep refreshing the tracking page on usps. we really need those vacuum tubes like they have at the bank(instant deliveries) :laugh:

If we had those, I'd stuff myself through the tube just so I could pick it up from them the second it's assembled. But I'll have to wait. Any idea what the usual lead time is on those? It just tells me "two weeks or less" for wait time, which might as well be "Oh, you'll get it someday, patience, grasshopper" to me. (I really am impatient. :))

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I need to stop reading stuff I guess. Apparently I doubt myself easily which I find surprising considering my background. Here is the deal...

I am a smoker of analogs and have been for ..I don't know 10, 20 ..freakin seems like forever years...but it is sooo easy to light one up and just smoke. Well OF COURSE I want to quit, have quit before, but because of my type of work, it was all around me and I was back in the thick of it again.

With analogs, you just go to the store, buy a pack, usually get a lighter free and bam, you are on your way. Now here I go into the world of vaping and it is a WHOLE new ballgame.

From what I have been reading, I know I will not get the analog feel (exactly) or taste and that is fine because personally I do not like the taste of cigarettes...I like the SMOKE and a little bit of the taste. Apparently it is the nicotine that keeps me coming back...ummm DUH! That smell and taste they could keep. I may be blonde but I am not that jacked up.:blink:

I have that little ecig (it's called..hang on let me get it..Cig2O) I got it at the Tobacco Tank the other day which in turn has moved me into the world of vaping. I have been trying to figure out between the analog and the ecig what type of PV I would use and enjoy in the long run.

Now my issues....Are we having fun yet? LOL

With analogs, of course, they are easy to just light up and smoke, it is very convenient. With vaping it seems you have to really prepare your stuff to get the full "vaping" experience.

I am not looking for a hobby, I am looking for something to take the place of these cigarettes, so I still want to be able to have that convenience, ya know what I mean. Is that possible with vaping?

Is there such a thing as a Lazy Vaper? :confused:

Maybe I am trying to compare "smoking" to "vaping" and it is not the same thing. I think I am going to "smoke" my PV every two, three hours like a cigarette? Am I looking for that convenience in vaping like a cigarette? Is that possible?

Ya know, my stuff just needs to hurry and get here before I drive myself crazy trying to figure this stuff out ROFL! Ok..one last question..how often do you "vape" during the day? Or do you mostly do it at night? Think I will go look at more stuff and confuse myself more HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..... :p

My Nephew is a "lazy vapor". He knows he's using a Kgo only because he saw the name on the box. He didn't know where to buy an atomizer or cartomizer until yesterday. He saw me vaping, tried it and took a kit home and hasn't had a cigarette in nearly two months. Got a text from him yesterday asking where to get those 'mesh things' (atomizers). He's not interested in reading on ECF. He's got his solution and a link to KBV juices. He's not facinated by the stories and different devices. Kinda wish I was more like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

JewelzBagz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
AZ
snip...
I think I am going to "smoke" my PV every two, three hours like a cigarette? ...snip

:facepalm: That's what I thought too. Damn thing's glued to my lip. I don't know if it's the ability to vape virtually anywhere? I don't have to go outside anymore. I don't have to hold off if someone else is in the car. Maybe it's the addiction to the nicotine? I don't know what it is exactly-but I never thought I'd be someone who vapes constantly all damn day long. Now I'm stealthing in the stores and restaurants. It's ridiculous!:blush: And I'm only one month in.....:?:

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
I think the cigarette method allows the nicotine (and other chemicals) to hit your brain faster because it's absorbed through your lungs. So you smoke and get the hit and then stop.

With vaping, it's more of a gradual build-up of nicotine in your system, rather than a quick hit. So you vape more steadily to keep the nic levels steady. Also, with vaping, you don't get the other chemicals, and it might be that some of those other chemicals impact your "I'm satisfied now" sensors in your brain, so you stop when "full".

Just my uneducated guess!

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I think the cigarette method allows the nicotine (and other chemicals) to hit your brain faster because it's absorbed through your lungs. So you smoke and get the hit and then stop.

With vaping, it's more of a gradual build-up of nicotine in your system, rather than a quick hit. So you vape more steadily to keep the nic levels steady. Also, with vaping, you don't get the other chemicals, and it might be that some of those other chemicals impact your "I'm satisfied now" sensors in your brain, so you stop when "full".

Just my uneducated guess!

Ya know I wondered about that too...the ecig or whatever you are using doesn't really burn out in a sense so when do you know when to stop? I know this Cig2O I have been messing with, they tend to give me a small headache (I think the cartomizers kinda suck to be honest) which forces me to put it away....and this guy down stairs tried to start vaping and he said the same thing that he would vape all day long, that he constantly had that ecig in his mouth and sucking on it. He is back to smoking analogs. So this question has crossed my mind....am I going to be a vapin monster?

Baldr - I just came back from their site checking out their hours LOL...they need to stay open later! Damn lazy vapers! :p I think I will make it there before they close tonight, if not I will camp out and be there when the doors open Saturday HAHAHAHA! :laugh:

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
Ya know I wondered about that too...the ecig or whatever you are using doesn't really burn out in a sense so when do you know when to stop? I know this Cig2O I have been messing with, they tend to give me a small headache (I think the cartomizers kinda suck to be honest) which forces me to put it away....and this guy down stairs tried to start vaping and he said the same thing that he would vape all day long, that he constantly had that ecig in his mouth and sucking on it. He is back to smoking analogs. So this question has crossed my mind....am I going to be a vapin monster?

I think it's different for everyone. And it's probably a matter of trial and error, too.

When you first get started vaping, I think it's easy to vape too long or too often. Some of us get addicted to things easily (heh), so we find this awesome new thing that's better than smoking so we just keep vaping away all day long. And all the great flavors are so tasty! Plus, you find yourself not smoking, and that's just such a miracle, that you kinda believe you must vape constantly or the craving to smoke will take over (even though that may or may not be actually true). And, we get rid of the guilt that we had about smoking killing us with each puff, so we go overboard with vaping because it's such a relief and feels guilt-free.

That first flush does ebb so, eventually, you do scale it back a bit - at least, that's how it worked for me. And with experience, you realize that you don't actually have to have the PV glued to your lips all the time in order for it to "work" at keeping you off cigarettes.

And, with experience, as you test different levels of nicotine, you find out what you need in order to be satisfed so you can put the thing down once in a while. If you vape continually, you might need a higher nic level than expected in order to give you the same nic you were getting with cigarettes.

If you're getting headaches, you're likely getting too much nic or vaping too much. Or your e-cig is like sucking a bowling ball through a straw! So listen to your body and ease up on the vaping if that's happening, or drop to a lower nic level.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON

I think it largely depends on you. I can say that my own habits did change. Getting used to the "no fixed schedule" thing was disconcerting at first, no doubt. I was so used to having this schedule thing where I'd light up, smoke for 5 minutes or whatever it took, butted out and then didn't have another one for 20 or 30 minutes (or longer if I was at work and smoked on my breaks).

When I switched to vaping I did vape a lot. But it turns out that it was just because the stuff I had just wasn't really strong enough. I needed stronger liquid. I didn't really realize that 'til I actually bought some 24mg stuff and found that I really liked the TH, and what's more I wasn't vaping as much as I did before -- not constantly, more just like a steady few hits periodically throughout the day whenever I felt like it.

Ultimately I think you just kind of fall into the routine that best suits you. You could "schedule" your vaping to try and do it like you did smoking, and in fact I recall seeing a computer-programmable E-cig where you could vape and it would shut off for X amount of time after vaping for Y amount of time (X and Y being programmable by the user). Kind of a silly idea though. I think it's best just to let it happen naturally. If you find you're vaping way too often it may be that your juice isn't strong enough, or maybe you're just enjoying the novelty too much. But give it some time and eventually you'll fall into a more regular, natural rhythm that works around the way you live.

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Well I am tapping my foot on the floor and can't wait till I can leave here so I can floor the Mustang over to the Vapor shop near me LOL. HOPEFULLY I will not get stopped by the Dallas pokey on the way and get a ticket for speeding! I WILL be a vapist tonight DAMNIT! I don't know what juice I will be enjoying but I am sure I will find something nor do I know exactly the PV I will have put together but with the education I have received from dormouse, Mindfield, Steam_punk...oh my the list is endless....I know I will be good to go. This is gonna be great...I can FEEL IT!!!

I have developed more habits since starting this:

1) Clock watching....
2) Forum lurking...
3) Delivery man stalking...
4) The need to create lists...

:?::confused:

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
Man ya'll are THE NUTS!!! You have broke this issue down for me and given me options I could have NEVER figured out for myself. Now I am excited again!!!!! I wish ya'll all lived in Dallas so we could meet up and go to Vaporescence and have a good laugh at me stumbling through this HAHAHAHA....because that is going to happen tonight! I really don't think I can wait on the dang UPS guy (he isn't even cute!)

I have a poker tournament that I have to play in Saturday, this was another reason for my urgency, I really didn't want to buy any more analogs for Saturday's play. (last pack of these are in my purse now...YIKES!)

Anybody in Dallas wanna go to Vaporescence tonight?????? LOL I promise I won't bite! Oh man oh man.....Why do we have to have it RIGHT NOW!!! I just need to calm my ... down.......:banana:
you'd likely get more takers if you did bite lol :D

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
you'd likely get more takers if you did bite lol :D

HAH! OK I BITE I BITE!! lol I have pretty good teeth for a Dallas girl too:D I bet those guys/gals at this Vape shop will do me right...I hope I get to sample some juices. Just gotta make it over there before they close. If not, I will be there first thing Saturday morning! RISE AND SHINE VAPERS AND VAPISTS! POKERCHIX IS IN TOWN AND READY!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Well I am tapping my foot on the floor and can't wait till I can leave here so I can floor the Mustang over to the Vapor shop near me LOL. HOPEFULLY I will not get stopped by the Dallas pokey on the way and get a ticket for speeding! I WILL be a vapist tonight DAMNIT! I don't know what juice I will be enjoying but I am sure I will find something nor do I know exactly the PV I will have put together but with the education I have received from dormouse, Mindfield, Steam_punk...oh my the list is endless....I know I will be good to go. This is gonna be great...I can FEEL IT!!!

I have developed more habits since starting this:

1) Clock watching....
2) Forum lurking...
3) Delivery man stalking...
4) The need to create lists...

:?::confused:

5) Profit! Well, health-wise, anyway.

Good luck with your trip! I'm sure you'll find the hardware you like and some juices you'll vape the bajeezus out of. Be sure to let us know how you get on with it once it's in your fervent little hands. :)

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Mindfield I wish you where here! You have played a very important role in all this for me. So as you can tell I am not much of a "shy" poster on the forums, so of course I will be expressing my feelings once I have everything in place. I will be looking for you specifically and either crying on your shoulder or slapping you on the ... with excitement HAHAHAHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread