Hi, I am new here and really confused, needed advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaflone721

Mar 21, 2010
America
I have been lurking the forums here and there for a few months now and finally registered. I am just overwhelmed by the wealth or information and different types of ecigs out there. I want to completely stop with analogs and move onto ecigs. I smoke Newports, Marlboro Menthols, and Marlboro Menthols 54. I was looking for something very similar to this, I wanted to know which ecig I should get and which flavors I should buy and from where which would give me the closest to the taste and feel of those analogs I mentioned.

I have read about Drew's Nuport, and I wanted to know if it is really similar to regular analogs. I am afraid that most of these would have too much of mint trash, wheras I am looking for the "a lot of smoke and very harsh and hard hit" smokes.

Also I need something I can charge easily in my car or through USB or something.

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
I can see why you are confused. The popular ones on here seem to be the vapor4live vapor king and the Joye 510.

For simplicity I would recommend the vapor king. It cames in a neat portable case with the charger built in and works really well. It takes cartridges but the cartridges can be refilled too.

I have a 510 on order too , It also can take cartridges and they can be refilled.

All of the starter kits come with various charging methods. I just like the one neat package that fits in my pocket with the vapor king.

As for flavors, I am not a menthol person but there are literally tons of choices for menthol type flavors. You should be able to find one you like.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
The 510 model from cignot is the best deal around and their High nic menthol is great. If your looking for huge amounts of vapor and throat hit the 510 with extra high nic is the way to go. I was a Kool smoker for 25 years and I smoked about a pack and a half a day two packs a day on weekends. I have not had a smoke since I got my kit about two month ago. I would also suggest that you get a sampling of other flavors. I thought the only thing I would ever need for menthol but actually I prefer many other flavors. RY4 from cignot is great.

Good luck.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
You will probably move away from the Tobacco and Menthol Tastes eventually because once you start vaping, you will have much better flavors to choose from!! I would suggest Tasty Vapor for you juices and Rocky Mountain Vapor for you kits and supplies. The 510 would be my suggestion for the starter. Lots of vendors carry the batteries and atomizers and the vapor production without any mods is wonderful!!

Badbeams3

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Tampa
I was a heavy menthol smoker too. Of the few menthols I tried none seemed to be a hit with me. So I am interested in responses as well.

But anyway...I found other flavors I liked...most notably the cinnamon. Guess the only reason I`m saying this is I would hate to see you not order some different flavors to try...might get discouraged.

For what it`s worth, may I suggest ordering cinnamon and the RY4 flavor right off the bat in addition to the menthol...a little variety never hurts...these flavor seem to be very popular around here.

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'll echo mini_art.

There's something like 26,000 of us on this forum and when it comes down to models you will find that two always seem to take the lead in these discussions: the KR808 and the 501.

Both are very popular. The KR808 is the most hassle free and seems very popular with the ladies. But the 501 is said to produce better vapor and a stronger throat hit and there may be a technical problem with the KR808 emerging where peeps have been inhaling burnt polyfill so you need to research that issue.

I am of the latter group and vape a 501 Tornado, the best e-cig I have found after trying many. I can't imagine ever switching to anything else after trying the Tornado.

Just look through our suppliers on here for juice. There are many very good ones and I try to spread my business around to support as many as I can.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Hi, welcome to the forum! I think most of us here began our journey by wanting to replicate our preferred cigarette as closely as possible. You may find, once you begin, that the urge to do that passing really quickly. E-cigarettes are so tasty and satisfying, that you will look back on your old brand soon after starting and think to yourself, "yuck, I'm glad I found *insert flavor of choice here*". I recommend getting a variety of menthol flavors and one or two that are totally off the wall too. I hear RY4 is good, and people are always commenting on cappuccino or other coffee flavors too. You've been lurking for a few months, so that tell me that you have some reservations about whether or not this e-cigarette thing is going to work for you. It's not a coincidence that it has worked for so many of us: they really work, time to jump in.

Badbeams3

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Tampa
Hi, welcome to the forum! I think most of us here began our journey by wanting to replicate our preferred cigarette as closely as possible. You may find, once you begin, that the urge to do that passing really quickly. E-cigarettes are so tasty and satisfying, that you will look back on your old brand soon after starting and think to yourself, "yuck, I'm glad I found *insert flavor of choice here*". I recommend getting a variety of menthol flavors and one or two that are totally off the wall too. I hear RY4 is good, and people are always commenting on cappuccino or other coffee flavors too. You've been lurking for a few months, so that tell me that you have some reservations about whether or not this e-cigarette thing is going to work for you. It's not a coincidence that it has worked for so many of us: they really work, time to jump in.

Yea...didn`t want to offend anybody here but this is the truth...tobacco flavors are, for the most part...yeck. I too thought I would need to mimic the flavor of a real cig...and I think everyone starts out thinking that way. But after you try a few other flavors...a little light bulb goes off in your head "I no longer need to smoke yeck...I can vape good tasting stuff" :thumb:

skaflone721

Mar 21, 2010
America
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I am ready to order the Joye 510 from cignot with one manual battery and automatic battery.

I just needed help with the liquids, which one will come closest to a real analog, PG or VG in terms vapor and throat hit?

I want to try a bunch of flavors and want to get 5mls with just one 20ml. After I try them, I will start buying 20ml although it would be cheaper buying it now.

I was going to get at least one 5ml VG and PG, I just want to know whether I should get more VG or PG right now. BTW I smoke 1-1.5/day

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
Welcome to the forums. Before you go off and sink a whole lotta cash into e-cigs and supplies, I would reccomend getting a disposable first. There are vendors on here that sell disposable e-cigs for about 10$. Try it, see if you like it.

If/when you do decide you like it and want to start expanding an arsenal of PV's and gallons of liquid, try to think more on what you need over what you want. There is a difference.

Do you drive a lot? If so, a car charger or a car charger to usb for a passthru would be a smart investment.
Do you stay at home a lot? If so, a usb passthru is a smart investment.
Do you work a lot, away from a computer or car? If so, a PCC or a battery mod would be a smart investment.
Do you live a very on-the-go lifestyle and frequently never know just what every day will look like? If so, a battery mod or a PCC would be a smart investment.

This is all thinking practically. The last thing you want is to end up on a 3-4 hour drive and find you have no charged batteries half an hour into the drive and no way to charge them or use a passthru.

Many members when starting off wanted their brand of analog in e-cig form. Cances are you will not find it. Vaping is different from analogs, and even though there are juices that come close to tasting like a ciggarette, there is no way to simulate the taste of 4,000+ chemicals found in analogs. In my experience however, menthol tastes come closer than tobacco tastes.

Also, you will probably end up experimenting with fruit, candy, coffee, and food flavors too. I was one of the many who wanted marlboro red flavored juice or camel flavored juice. I got camel juice, and it did not taste like a camel cigarette. It was good, it came within the ballpark as far as taste accuracy, but it wasn't the same.

Biggest difference between analogs and vaping is the throat hit, I found. It is a different kind of throat hit, for whatever reason. From the moment I hit my e-cig, I liked the throat hit better than analogs.

SOME popular brand e-cigs commonly seen on ECF are:
Joye510
KR808
Vapor King
DSE 801
DSE 901

Keep in mind, the 510 in particular is seen under many different names on many different vendors, yet it is the SAME model.

Wow, I think this is the longest post I've made on ECF so far.:shock:

Good luck!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
The 510 model from cignot is the best deal around and their High nic menthol is great. If your looking for huge amounts of vapor and throat hit the 510 with extra high nic is the way to go. I was a Kool smoker for 25 years and I smoked about a pack and a half a day two packs a day on weekends. I have not had a smoke since I got my kit about two month ago. I would also suggest that you get a sampling of other flavors. I thought the only thing I would ever need for menthol but actually I prefer many other flavors. RY4 from cignot is great.

Good luck.

I agree... Joye 510 'no box' starter Kit from Cignot.com. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread