Am I really a Vaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I need to stop reading stuff I guess. Apparently I doubt myself easily which I find surprising considering my background. Here is the deal...

I am a smoker of analogs and have been for ..I don't know 10, 20 ..freakin seems like forever years...but it is sooo easy to light one up and just smoke. Well OF COURSE I want to quit, have quit before, but because of my type of work, it was all around me and I was back in the thick of it again.

With analogs, you just go to the store, buy a pack, usually get a lighter free and bam, you are on your way. Now here I go into the world of vaping and it is a WHOLE new ballgame.

From what I have been reading, I know I will not get the analog feel (exactly) or taste and that is fine because personally I do not like the taste of cigarettes...I like the SMOKE and a little bit of the taste. Apparently it is the nicotine that keeps me coming back...ummm DUH! That smell and taste they could keep. I may be blonde but I am not that jacked up.:blink:

I have that little ecig (it's called..hang on let me get it..Cig2O) I got it at the Tobacco Tank the other day which in turn has moved me into the world of vaping. I have been trying to figure out between the analog and the ecig what type of PV I would use and enjoy in the long run.

Now my issues....Are we having fun yet? LOL

With analogs, of course, they are easy to just light up and smoke, it is very convenient. With vaping it seems you have to really prepare your stuff to get the full "vaping" experience.

I am not looking for a hobby, I am looking for something to take the place of these cigarettes, so I still want to be able to have that convenience, ya know what I mean. Is that possible with vaping?

Is there such a thing as a Lazy Vaper? :confused:

Maybe I am trying to compare "smoking" to "vaping" and it is not the same thing. I think I am going to "smoke" my PV every two, three hours like a cigarette? Am I looking for that convenience in vaping like a cigarette? Is that possible?

Ya know, my stuff just needs to hurry and get here before I drive myself crazy trying to figure this stuff out ROFL! Ok..one last question..how often do you "vape" during the day? Or do you mostly do it at night? Think I will go look at more stuff and confuse myself more HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..... :p

If I were yu (wait, I WAS you...) I would look for a big battery mod. That's what I would up with. GA makes one called the No Ego that comes in a 14500 size and an 18650 size. I have both. The 14650 is perhaps a bit more "lady like" but the 18650 lasts for more than 2 days. You charge the batteries overnight and vape all day. Also, get some med-high nic juice to keep cravings down. I vape CONSTANTLY to keep away the ciggies, but I am weak and have 4-5 a day. However, I still feel better.

If you're just starting out, it's a long road, and there is no "perfect" e cig, so find one that suits you! Good Luck!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Ok..one last question..how often do you "vape" during the day? Or do you mostly do it at night?
The answer is yes to most of your questions, if not all of them.

However, you won't know how to get from here to there until you figure this one out.
Only then can you determine what your true needs are going to be.
:)

With analogs, you just go to the store, buy a pack, usually get a lighter free and bam, you are on your way. Now here I go into the world of vaping and it is a WHOLE new ballgame.

It you want a QUICK ecig and yours is NOT at hand, you can ALWAYS go to 7-Eleven and instead of buying analogs, buy their (XHale02? ) ecigs.. They taste good, they are basically meant to be used a few times and tossed but when you need something for a emergency they are perfect, plus at $20 they are great to just have something in the car for "OH ...." moments and they are FAR better then the medical payments from a lifetime of cancer treatment.

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Well yes, just buy disposables :)
They may be a bit more, if one lasts 2 days & they are all 10 bucks, then the same as smokes, given your location. So if you got the money, but buy dissposables from anywhere. I've tried Smokers 1st Choice, not bad & 6bucks at any pilot or flying J truck stop.
READ THIS...
Another great, much cheaper idea... Just buy a e-cigg, even a cheap one. Then just buy the filled catromizer's. It's 2x the price of refilling, but still dirt cheap! I just ordered / upgraded a DSE-901 today from vaporkings.com. I bought blanks & prefilled. A 5 pack of prefilled runs 3.95, so 80 cent a carto is still cheap when a pack of ciggs may run 5.00! The starter lits come w/ 2 batts so just keep one charged.

Both above being a "lazy e-cig"

I'm a newbie, but this is my thoughts.
Here's my link with the DSE-901

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
If I were yu (wait, I WAS you...) I would look for a big battery mod. That's what I would up with. GA makes one called the No Ego that comes in a 14500 size and an 18650 size. I have both. The 14650 is perhaps a bit more "lady like" but the 18650 lasts for more than 2 days. You charge the batteries overnight and vape all day. Also, get some med-high nic juice to keep cravings down. I vape CONSTANTLY to keep away the ciggies, but I am weak and have 4-5 a day. However, I still feel better.

If you're just starting out, it's a long road, and there is no "perfect" e cig, so find one that suits you! Good Luck!

I have been looking at the 14500, but because I am such a "noob" I ran away with my tail tucked between my legs LOL. I am still learning about all the STUFF and what everything means. I did order the Joye 302 (penstyle) to get started, but when I ordered this starter kit I was not taking into consideration battery life. Now that I have been reading MORE, and figuring out what I might need, it looks like in Dallas Texas there will be a Vapist (thank you wazzup592 LOL) Vapor GARAGE SALE of all the stuff I have bought and probably won't use HAHAHA.

Man, why do I feel like I have to do this LOL. I HATE smoking! LOL

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think Cig2go and Cig2o are KR808D-1 and KR808D-1 (Vapor4Life, Smokeless Image, Bloogplanet and others) is the most popular 2-piece slim mini though most people use and recommend manual batteries (safer from being damaged or killed by jucie leaks when you are refilling cartomizers).

I use Vapor4Life WOW carto blanks and their Coolcarts are nice too. I find thin clear juices give me longer good performance out of each carto. I can use a carto for a week or more. Many like the SmokelessImage and Bloogplanet cartos

re lazy - vaping doesn't get much easier than a 2-piece. I use manual batteries so small leaks on the end of the battery aren't too big a deal - I wipe them up. And it is generally easier to get a good hit on manuals. I top off my two main cartos before I leave the house and carry small bottles of those juices with me. I use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece instead of the end cap so when I need to add juice I don't need any paperclip to get the end cap out - just take the carto off the battery and the drip tip off the carto. And a piece of tissue helps. Alternating 2 cartos I don't need to add juice very often during the day.

I smoked much longer than you, 1.5 to 2 packs per day, I was able to switch to vaping pretty easily.

here is how I fill cartos
----
How I fill Vapor4Life KR8 cartos and Boge 510 cartos

Pop out the soft cap with an unbent paperclip in the mouth hole, very careful not to catch stuffing or the wire loop.

Shake and open the eliquid

Hold a bit of tissue on the threaded end hole, tilt the carto, and add 18 drops per ml of capacity into the stuffing (Boges and most KR8 cartos are about 1ml). Wait 15 seconds or so then see how many more drops the carto stuffing will soak in easily.

Clean up the threaded end, tilt open end down into tissue, puff into threaded end to clear air channel (Boges and the KR8 cartos I use have a defined center air channel and I want to see light through that)

Sop up any loose juice above the stuffing

Cap and let it settle - I lay it on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp so I won't singe the carto. if you use thicker juice than me (I use 20% Vg or less) then you may need to wait much longer.

While vaping, if the vapor gets a bit light or a bit dry or the carto is getting hotter than normal, I take the carto off the battery and add eliquid. I sometimes use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece on Boge and KR8 cartos (not to drip into since the juice would head for the central air channel)

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't think there's any real way to completely make vaping as no-brainer as smoking, but there are some things you can do to mitigate the maintenance involved -- both in terms of what hardware you buy (and tradeoffs you have to make) and how you make it work.

So here's my take:

You want a cigarette-like PV you don't have to maintain as much. So you're looking for something like the Joye 510 automatic, Bloog MaxxFusion, Smoov, something like that. Small, convenient, automatic -- no buttons to press. The smallest one I know of is something like the 50mm Smoov or the small battery Bloog. You may also want to look into a few packs of good cartomizers, maybe some good 2.0ohm low resistance because they kick up the flavor and TH a notch (if that matters to you). You can fill those at home, plug 'em up, put the "condoms" (silicone over caps) on and go. No muss, no fuss, when one runs dry, just swap it out for another one. Refill when necessary.

The tradeoff: Small cig, small battery. Small battery, shorter vaping time. You can often get "extended" batteries for these. Both the Bloog and Smoov have extended battery options, but they make the PV longer, so slightly less convenient, likely to stick out of a pocket. Furthermore if you get an XXL sized cartomizer (so you don't have to refill as often and they last longer between swaps), that will make it even longer. Battery life can be mitigated with a personal charging case (PCC). These typically have nice fat batteries in them and can recharge batteries 5-10 times, depending on the battery, and they look like a hardpack of cigarettes (or in the case of the Smoov, like one of those cigarette cases with a Tron-esque LED indicator.). The Smoov I know can be had with a 220mAh battery (roughly 2-3 hours vape time, depending on usage) and a 330mAh longer battery (maybe 3-4 hours).

So, you can have compact but short lived and higher maintenance, or long and more straw-like but lower maintenance.

Now, would you mind a more cigar-like profile? Would you mind pressing a button to activate your PV? Mind spending a little extra? If you answered "Yes!" to all of these, then what you want is the eGo. It's got a bigger "fat" battery which is more cigar-like in diameter but tapers (with a detachable cone) at the end to a smaller 510 atomizer and cart. It's got a 650mAh battery, so you can go a good 8 hours or so with it. But you don't want to use the included atomizer and cartridges -- you're like me: Lazy. You want to fill it and forget about it. So you want a suitable cartomizer. Something like the SmokTech Resurrector. Low resistance so nice punchy flavour and good TH. Or something a little higher resistance maybe -- your call. Or you could go with the eGo Mega dual coil cartomizers. They add extra length but they're the same diameter as the battery, so it looks much more like a cigar and has a flat whistle tip on the end. It may or may not be your style, but these things hold a whopping 4.5ml of juice or so, so you'll only need to fill that sucker every day and a half or so. Truly the lazy person's cartomizer by far. And if you don't mind still more length, 1000mAh to 1300mAh eGo batteries are available for a metric ton of battery life.

So really, the bottom line for you is, which part of you would win in a fight: Laziness or aesthetics? Do you want something long and fat and -- stop thinking what I know you're thinking -- long and fat and a little on the heavy side but tailor-made for the hardcore sloth, or do you want something light and thin and easy to carry around but higher maintenance?

As for how often I vape ... mine's pretty steady throughout the day. I take a few hits when I feel the need, whether at work (they're totally okay with my vaping) or at home. I don't vape where they don't allow smoking though unless I have permission to do so. I go through about 3ml of juice a day, though I know that doesn't mean anything to you yet. :)

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
dormouse - you are my Ace of Spades! I have printed out your instructions and will have them tattoed on my ...!! I will get a mirror or something to be able to read it but I will be dang if I won't always have them! hee,hee

Mindfield - if you could please come to Dallas and get me started on this I would greatly appreciate it hahahahahahaha....You seem to know me very well and understand that long and fat has always been where it is at ***adjusts her halo :nun: I like the whistle tip which is what kind of drew me to the Joye 302 originally...I was looking at the aesthetics more, but now I am starting to understand more about batteries, and what a cartomizer for the juice will do for me. Printing out your instructions also....hell printing out this whole thread...

AWESOME! I think I might be a VAPIST!:vapor::vapor: WHERE THE HELL IS THE MAILMAN!

TxParamedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
The great State of Texas
the Cig2o is what I have also and dormouse is correct it's an overpriced 808. I bought some ejuice sample packs and blank cartomizers and I can't stree how much better they are than the carts that come with the Cig2o (much cheaper as well). So far I havent had any trouble keeping up I just top off a few carts in the evening (gets pretty easy after the first few attempts) and charge my batts at night.

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
The answer is yes to most of your questions, if not all of them.

However, you won't know how to get from here to there until you figure this one out.
Only then can you determine what your true needs are going to be.
:)

I just want to echo this... You can make this as involved or as easy as you really want it to be. The learning curve may get a bit shorter if you're willing to work with it a bit. Just seeking fixes for the things that annoy you can become consuming...

I thought I would be like you, wanting to keep it simple. Three months later, I've got more shtuff than I know what to do with...

The one thing you may really want to consider is the cost. The more you're willing to do, the more you can save. For example, you can buy pre-filled cartos for that KR808 ($1 or more per), or you can buy juice and empty cartos for less ($6-10 for 10 mL of juice, roughly 10 fills, and $8 for 5 refillable cartos), or you can mix your own juice for MUCH less (literally pennies per mL, but you'll still need those blanks!).

If you let it, playing with this stuff can become a whole new addiction, but a much healthier one than you're replacing.

I went from the KR808 to the 510s, to a big, expensive mod. Then using adapters went from 510 cartos to dripping to G4s and then on to the eGo tanks. I'm finally starting to settle into a groove, and I mix most of my juices, but there are a few out there that everyone should try, so I'm working my way through those as well...

You can make this as big or as small as you want...

Last edited:

Pokerchix

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, Texas
the Cig2o is what I have also and dormouse is correct it's an overpriced 808. I bought some ejuice sample packs and blank cartomizers and I can't stree how much better they are than the carts that come with the Cig2o (much cheaper as well). So far I havent had any trouble keeping up I just top off a few carts in the evening (gets pretty easy after the first few attempts) and charge my batts at night.

Now that I know what the Cig2o is (808) and what an 808 is LOL I can use this tool better. I don't like the cartomizers that come with this ecig for sure, but this puts out a decent little vapor for the most part. Thanks TxParamedic! You saved me some cash!

Wil - I agree about as involved or as easy as I want it to be. That is where I have to control myself because I will spend WAY over my limit. I always think something is out there better LOL

Dnorager

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Layton, UT
www.electronicstix.com
I've been vaping for just about a year now and from my experience, every person I have met that has bought there early cig from a tobacco shop has hated it and instantly picked up the bad habit again. Your best bet would be to find a local "vape shop" and talk to someone who knows a lot about it and what they are doing. There are tons of different mods out there, and many different flavors and strengths of juices. Depending on how much you smoke I would start with a high dosage like 24.
As far as how often do I smoke mine? It is constantly in my hand, it just tastes great and feels good. All my close friends that vape constantly have their cig within hands reach. :)
Hope I could be of some help.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
dormouse - you are my Ace of Spades! I have printed out your instructions and will have them tattoed on my ...!! I will get a mirror or something to be able to read it but I will be dang if I won't always have them! hee,hee

Mindfield - if you could please come to Dallas and get me started on this I would greatly appreciate it hahahahahahaha....You seem to know me very well and understand that long and fat has always been where it is at ***adjusts her halo :nun: I like the whistle tip which is what kind of drew me to the Joye 302 originally...I was looking at the aesthetics more, but now I am starting to understand more about batteries, and what a cartomizer for the juice will do for me. Printing out your instructions also....hell printing out this whole thread...

AWESOME! I think I might be a VAPIST!:vapor::vapor: WHERE THE HELL IS THE MAILMAN!

You're definitely a vaper. If you can get excited about liquids and PVs, you're a vaper. I know when I got my first one I was so impatient and excited to try it out I didn't even charge the batteries -- I knew there would be some charge in them. And you know what? I still get giddy when a package arrives. I've got 15 flavours from Juicy Vapor that may even be here tomorrow and I can hardly contain myself.

I'll be ordering a ProVari tomorrow. I may need to buy some Depends.

Don't sweat the curve though. Bit by bit, either by asking questions or personal experimentation, you'll get a good handle on what's what and what works for you. It may cost you a bit to find something that becomes your go-to vape, but once you do, it's like a little slice of nirvana.

Wil - I agree about as involved or as easy as I want it to be. That is where I have to control myself because I will spend WAY over my limit. I always think something is out there better LOL

Yeah ... you'll spend over your limit. I think we all do at some point and for certain things. Especially when an irresistible sale goes on, or you spy a pants-tingling mod you just have to have. I really, really shouldn't be buying this ProVari and I'm really having to juggle some finances around to do it, but got dangit, I want it! It'll be my be-all and end-all to vaping.

Until the next thing.

I promise.

Last edited:

jamezelle

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Ohio
....snip snip

And you know what? I still get giddy when a package arrives. I've got 15 flavours from Juicy Vapor that may even be here tomorrow and I can hardly contain myself.

I'll be ordering a ProVari tomorrow. I may need to buy some Depends.

snip snip...
tell me about it, my provari will be here saturday :vapor: and i keep refreshing the tracking page on usps. we really need those vacuum tubes like they have at the bank(instant deliveries) :laugh:

To the OP to add on to what the others have said, once you find something that just works...you will know, and as long as you dont become a collector of mods you should start saving money. For me this is a fun hobby and better for my health and I love it.

Breasal09

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles
I didn't really want vaping to be a hassle either when I am out and about for the day. I ended up with the ego-T tank B system from cignot.com and I love it. I've been using it about 2 weeks and I fill the tank up before I leave for the day and keep the other one in my backpack. The starter kit comes with 2 full batteries, attys and five tanks prefilled with a tobacco flavor. I opted for the bigger 1000mah battery which lasts me at least a day or more. I vape until the battery dies and then switch batteries and charge the other one. I also got the lr 306 attys. I think it gives better throat hit. I'm not positive as I don't have the normal ones it comes with.

I smoked for 24 years, and I've quit probably a dozen times during that for 3 or 4 months at a time. I was a pretty consistent pack a day smoker. Once I found the ego-t I haven't looked back. I love the throat hit I get, and the vape is great. Lots of vapor production. I usually vape 18mg, and I have one bottle of 12mg for later at night because I really love chain vaping.

I find it more satisfying than smoking analogs and I don't find anything about it to be a pain. You fill the tank in the morning and you're pretty much good to go all day. Alot of people ask about it and think its really cool and a great idea.

I did order some backup attys for when these die or get clogged up and I try cleaning them. I haven't had any leak issues and I carry it tip up in my pocket. Maybe it's just luck at this point. It's only been 2 weeks.

I've probably spent $400 or $500 in startup costs between tons of juice, the ego, my original green smoke and a bombshell mod. It's okay to me to be off of analogs.

Thats my experience so far. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread