Alternative to Taryn spin carto fill method

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
This trick seems to fill my cartomizers just as well as the Taryn spin. No disrespect to Taryn or that method, they both work well. This method completely saturates the filler material from the connector up.

The first thing that is needed is either a round toothpick or a slim bottle dropper. The bottle dropper has the added advantage of being able to clear the center of the carto of any excess juice after the filler has been completely saturated. The dropper is not being used to fill the cartomizer it's just a plug.

Fill a large condom to three quarters full for a new carto and half way for a used cartomizer.

Place the bottle dropper(or toothpick) into the center of the cartomizer pushing it well enough to tightly seal the center hole. The nichrome wire will prevent a complete seal but it will seal well enough.

Place the cartomizer into the condom(connector side first) and keep lowering it into the condom until juice is seen flowing up thru the filler material. Normally without the center hole plugged the juice flows out of the center hole and leaks down into the filler.

Now pull the cartomizer out of the condom slightly to create back pressure and use the bottle dropper to force the remaining juice out of the center hole back into the condom.

Completely remove the bottle dropper or toothpick and blow out any remaning excess juice and you have a completely saturated cartomizer.

Done!

Regards,
Atomizer Mizer

ZZ074493a.jpg

ZZ074493b.jpg

Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Why cant you use a condom with a hole punched in it a little smaller than a dripper bottle end..then put it on the end of the carto..stick the dipper bottle in the hole and fill it by pressure...or if you have a syringe, stick that in the end of the condom? I never had a carto other than a CE2 so I probably dont know what I'm talking about either! :confused:

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
I think that idea would work great if you could keep the juice out of the center hole. The advantage to the method above is that it prevents the juice from flowing thru the center of the carto and keeps the juice pressure flowing thru the filler material.

Why cant you use a condom with a hole punched in it a little smaller than a dripper bottle end..then put it on the end of the carto..stick the dipper bottle in the hole and fill it by pressure...or if you have a syringe, stick that in the end of the condom? I never had a carto other than a CE2 so I probably dont know what I'm talking about either! :confused:

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
Do you see the juice flowing out of the top of the filler material? The juice comes out of the top hole and slowly soaks into the upper filler material. I was using that method but I never knew if the juice was in the filler material at the top of the cartomizer. I think the Taryn spin method works so well because a lot of the filler does not get saturated using the "simple" method.

I just push the condom onto the carto. No spin. I do it slow enough that the filler is saturated from the bottom up. No juice ever comes out the top airr hole. If it gets close, I stop pushing. I think we should KISS some things. Keep It Simple, Silly.

+1 for an idea that works for you!

Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
I think that idea would work great if you could keep the juice out of the center hole. The advantage to the method above is that it prevents the juice from flowing thru the center of the carto and keeps the juice pressure flowing thru the filler material.

I see...figured there had to be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread