Aloha from South Korea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the forum, checking in from Osan AB ROK. I had been smoking from the time I joined the Air Force 19 short years ago! Was smoking anywhere from 1-2 packs a day, normally 2 a day during the weekends here, I mean we tend to drink a bit, which in my case led to chain smokin! One morning, after a long night in Songtan, I woke and really had a hard time breathing, was coughing my ... off, and just overall felt like trash! Now I have tried to quit countless times, went to the classes on base, tried the pills, patches blah blah, but something this time made me really want to find a way to nix the habit. I had heard of eCigs, and had even tried one years ago, but at the time didn't really cut it for me, pretty weak, didn't get that "full" feeling out of it. Anyway, off to good ol' trusty google, which led me to youtube for some newbie recommendation videos. I guess at the time the Twist was fairly new, and seemed to be getting the majority of "If you're new, you have to try this", so yeah, ordered a kit. Now, being in Korea, took a bit of time to get, the day it arrived, I actually was too late to pick it from the window, so I had to wait another day...talk about a christmas night moment! I was at that window 5 mins before they opened the next morning! So excited, I opened that box in the car, filled that clearomizer, and let it wick on my way to work. I honestly sat in the car for 10 mins vaping on that thing, stepped out of the car and tossed my full pack of Marlboro Ice Blast into the trash can on the way in...have not looked back, that day was Aug 22nd 2012! I may be crazy, but today I realized just how good I feel now, I can take a deep breath without that lil tingle in my chest, clothes smell better, and food seems to taste better, which may be a bad thing actually!!

I would like to thank those of you that take the time to make videos, build these forums, write blogs, and get the information out to those like myself that are looking for an alternative to smoking. If it hadn't been for the youtube videos, I would have had no idea where to start! Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!!

~Lance

Congratulations on quitting smoking and in finding a good setup. I spent a year in Korea back in 1960. I imagine it has changed a lot since then.

Thanks! My second time here, first was Kunsan, but came to Osan and Yongsan often...and from '97, it has changed drastically, aside from the drinking!

MrKV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Japan to NoVA
Thanks for the welcome!

KV, I love it out here, live downtown myself, when you say "Life Apartments", are talking about the family housing area?

Life apartments was a highrise housing complex right close to Osan. I know the bases school buses would pick up from there.

Have you been to Japan? I moved to Japan from Korea and man oh man, best thing that happened to me ever!

Korea does have some good food though! Just ate some calbi 2 days ago. Yum

Life apartments was a highrise housing complex right close to Osan. I know the bases school buses would pick up from there.

Have you been to Japan? I moved to Japan from Korea and man oh man, best thing that happened to me ever!

Korea does have some good food though! Just ate some calbi 2 days ago. Yum

Tons of highrise housing here now, even have two huge family towers on base! I have spent some to in Oki Japan, loved the time I had there! Anyone here familiar with the Tacoma WA area? I'm moving there next month, and have heard conflicting stories about the area!

Welcome to ECF, congratulations on you your success and a special thanks for your service. It's great to hear that you got the right gear that allowed you to leave behind the cigarettes right away.

Thanks! I think maybe it was just my time, and this came around when I was finally fed up with cigs!

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
Was at Osan in '98... Many Mustang Club memories. Had to subscribe to Kornet in the dorms for a shakey 56k internet connection...lol was like 35 bucks a month.

Be sure to order juice early... Before you need it, or you will be buying a pack of smokes.
Good choice on gear...vaping for two years and the twist/nova is my daily go to.

Don
462/2W1 "If you aint Ammo...Your waiting on them"

Was at Osan in '98... Many Mustang Club memories. Had to subscribe to Kornet in the dorms for a shakey 56k internet connection...lol was like 35 bucks a month.

Be sure to order juice early... Before you need it, or you will be buying a pack of smokes.
Good choice on gear...vaping for two years and the twist/nova is my daily go to.

Don
462/2W1 "If you aint Ammo...Your waiting on them"

Fly out Nov 1st! Have 30ml of D&D Berries and Cream and 30ml of Cherry Limeade, along with numerous samples, should be good until I roll!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
When I was in Korea it was just starting to rebuild from the war and the only economy was the blackmarket. I never saw a private automobile, they only had bicycles, taxis were made from old jeeps, buses were converted duce and a halfs with beatout 50 gallon drums welded together for a body. lol They have come a long ways in 53 years. Cigarettes were 1.00 for a carton and beer was 2.40 a case and I lived pretty good on 76.00 a month. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread