All set up and ready to go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I read that three times and somehow, it made perfect sense to me. :D So, while I'm waiting on Rob to answer another question via email, I've placed a few items in my cart over there at Reosmods.com.

Hehehe... sorry :)

Besides the Reo, Is this the right type of battery and the best place to get them? I know I need the 18490 for the mini but which one of the two shown here? I've looked on the Reos thread and can't find it. The links on his website to batteries don't work.

I ordered mine from the site he links : Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor (the direct links are old and don't work anymore, but the site is working).

Can't wait to try that thing that I've been hearing about for a month and a half now.

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
I read that three times and somehow, it made perfect sense to me. :D So, while I'm waiting on Rob to answer another question via email, I've placed a few items in my cart over there at Reosmods.com.

Besides the Reo, Is this the right type of battery and the best place to get them? I know I need the 18490 for the mini but which one of the two shown here? I've looked on the Reos thread and can't find it. The links on his website to batteries don't work.

I get and use the AW 18490 batteries from Kidney Puncher. That's all I use!

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
You folks are trying to enable me into getting a second REO!!! I need something to put the Atomic clone I just drilled out for BF on... My other mechs are collecting dust... I must resist, I need to save up for the ProVari V3 that should be out in time for my vapeversary...

In all seriousness I'm loving my REO, I built a parallel coil that came in at 0.5 ohms on the RM2 and it is dedicated to Wakonda. I've never had a juice that I could call an ADV, but Wakonda is it and it is tasting marvelous with a Viognier I picked up on my vacation in wine country...

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Thanks Megan! I'm going to look at the Blems and check out the MVPs! I know I could get two MVPs for what I would probably pay for a REO, but I keep thinking of what Clark said about distance between you and the juice. I'm still trying to research more on the voltage vs watts thing. All the talk about Reo just got me thinking! Off to do more research!

You could get 4 MVPs for the price of one REO, maybe even 5 if you factor in the cost of the batteries, the charger, and the atomizer... but - the MVP is disposable (fixed battery) and prone to getting wet (electronic, not mechanical). The REO is basically indestructible (worst case scenario is you scratch the finish), washable, and with proper care should last forever.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
You could get 4 MVPs for the price of one REO, maybe even 5 if you factor in the cost of the batteries, the charger, and the atomizer... but - the MVP is disposable (fixed battery) and prone to getting wet (electronic, not mechanical). The REO is basically indestructible (worst case scenario is you scratch the finish), washable, and with proper care should last forever.

This is very true. A guy at one of my B&Ms had one and it looked like it had been run over by a truck. But I was wrong, it had been dropped at a construction site and it had been abused so much the guy had to pound it out a bit and get new batteries but it was fine. :laugh:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
This is very true. A guy at one of my B&Ms had one and it looked like it had been run over by a truck. But I was wrong, it had been dropped at a construction site and it had been abused so much the guy had to pound it out a bit and get new batteries but it was fine. :laugh:

I need to get my 510 connections tightened after the SO kit installs, but aside from that teeny weeny leak which really amounts to a failed install, no issues what-so-ever.

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Since I came out and admitted to buying one, though I refuse to take responsibility (!), I'll ask this here... it will be my first mech mod. What should I know to use it correctly and safely ? Precautions ? Acceptable ohm range for the coils ? Things to watch out for ?

It's a grand (non LP) and I got a reomizer 2 and a few empty bottles to go with it.

Will my Provari hate me and refuse to vape to me ?

Will my Kayfuns go on strike and refuse to let me near them ?

How long before I want another one ?

Is 6ml of Wakonda enough ?

Whyyyy ?!?

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Since I came out and admitted to buying one, though I refuse to take responsibility (!), I'll ask this here... it will be my first mech mod. What should I know to use it correctly and safely ? Precautions ? Acceptable ohm range for the coils ? Things to watch out for ?

It's a grand (non LP) and I got a reomizer 2 and a few empty bottles to go with it.

Whyyyy ?!?

Start here and the journey begins.....enjoy
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html

PS start picking out your next one; might I suggest an LP model

Last edited:

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Yes it will. You must surrender it to a Dark Lord of the Sith immediately! :p

Can't do that. It's a shiny one. It's a Provari Jedi.

IMG_3301.jpg

Edit : a sideways Jedi.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal

Whyyyy ?!?

Equipment envy may or may not happen, I still love some of my tube mechs and dripping attys. As far as safety make sure you builds and battery jive and you should be fine. I recommend Sony VTC5s. The new contacts (standard on all new Reos) can handle just about anything although you might want to shoot for the ~1ohm range to begin with. Buy a dedicated Ohms checker, to test for shorts and you should be good to go. The hot spring in the Reo is also a nice feature so at some point get extra ones just in case.

Congrats, once you spend a day with one you will want another and maybe another.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.