Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Well, not exactly, but I don't know how to describe it exactly. Ergonomically-designed, how's that? The Dollar Store loves me. When we go shopping I always look for something moddable.

Last night we went to "the big city" for a meeting. Of course, that means a stop at Dollar Tree ... I looked in the hardware dept and the cutest little personal fan caught my eye. It was love at first sight!

I originally planned to make it into a bottom feed 3.7v, but discovered that I didn't have any bottles that would fit in place of a 14500. Guess I need to make another madvapes order! Anyway, since that was out, I decided to make it into a VV, using the "poorvari" LM350T circuit. Here is the result.

It's a variable voltage 801 mod. It's voltage range is 2.9v to 6.9v. It is adjusted with a multi-tun screwdriver-type trimmer pot accessible from the side of the unit.

I used a concave 6amp horn button I got from Goodprophets.com

Here is a view of the 801 connector. Since it is transparent, I took special care to keep the components installed as neatly as possible. Also, since you can see thru it, I did not hot glue anything like I usually do.

The pic doesn't do it justice, but the entire unit glows when you're hitting it, thanks to an internal hi-output white LED

Cost to build:
Personal fan, $1 Dollar Tree
Horn Button, $1 Goodprophet
801 Connector, $1 Goodprophet
LM350T VV regulator, $1 Ebay
Resistors and LED, already had them in my parts bins, $0

Total cost: approx $4

Not bad for another good working (and cool looking) variable voltage mod.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
and the beat goes on...and on...and on...and on...lol

how are those new buttons from gp ? been wanting to try them out and you cant beat their prices

gervis

So far I have no complaints. They are rated at 6 amps, way more than I will ever draw (unless I decide to build a 12v mod with a 2 ohm atty, which will probably spontaneously combust) .. They are a bit larger than the MV horn button, see this pic for a comparison. Concave button has longer push and metal housing. So far so good :)

L to R: MV button, GP convex, GP concave

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Did you ever think about selling some simple ones? You are very creative!

Thanks much, I am not to that point yet, still experimenting and learning my craft. Besides, every day there's another new modder out there selling his stuff, sounds like the market is approaching saturation. You really need something new and unique (and reliable) to be successful in this market.

GERGOZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
McDonough, Ga
So far I have no complaints. They are rated at 6 amps, way more than I will ever draw (unless I decide to build a 12v mod with a 2 ohm atty, which will probably spontaneously combust) .. They are a bit larger than the MV horn button, see this pic for a comparison. Concave button has longer push and metal housing. So far so good :)

L to R: MV button, GP convex, GP concave

thank you sir for the info

the mv is what i usually go to, but man, gp is gonna take some business with their prices and shipping, imo

g'night and thanks again mr snider

hope i dont miss too much while sleepin, lol

gervis

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Very nice. Have you seen the Misting Fans? You could make it a feeder:

MISTING-FAN-33840.jpg

Status