My poorvari mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barryg41

Sep 5, 2011
Baton Rouge, La.
I would like to find a simple circuit I could use that would indicate a low batt level, I hear it's best to recharge my batts before the protection circuit turns them off. You sure can tell, though, when a batt reaches it's lower limit, suddenly no vape, time to put in fresh batts.

Check out this little meter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16811__FRS_Failover_Regulator_Switch_5A_Plus.html

Lights and all, even auto switching with low volt for multi bat mods. They discuss the little meter pos n neg views in the review section.

I don't know if it will work, but it looks promising.

YUzazaMY

Sep 27, 2011
bdr,pk.MY
You know what ... you can use just about any old laptop power supply .. betcha got at least one of those laying around somewhere. They are generally at least 3 amps, usually more. You can ebay them really cheap. Example:

LAPTOP CHARGER FOR ACER GATEWAY 19V 3.42A AC ADAPTER | eBay
I have finish building this poorvari mod and it work perfectly. Thank to all for a great post and have made a newbies like me mod a Variable Voltage Personal Vaporizer, I can't believe it my self.
I have a playstation 2 power adapter that rating input 100-240V 1.5 A 50/60Hz OUTPUT 8.5V 5.65AMP. Can I use this to power the LM350?
The volt seems good to go but the amps is high and make me worried to use it. Can anyone help me?

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I'm using to two trustfire 14500's and a lr901 with a 510 adapter
Well, depending on the resistance of the atty, that may be right. A 1.5 ohm load would reach the 3a limit of the reg at about 4.5v plus or minus. That may be one reason. Try a standard resistance atty and test the voltage. Also, protected batts are protected against over-current, the prot circuit in the batts may be kicking in. AW red batts or some of those LiMh (or whatever they call it) may provide more current.

When I use my Poorvaris, I use CE2 2.6-2.8 ohm tanks, I personally would not use LR with hi-voltage, it would tend to burn the juice (but that's just me I guess). A 2.6 load would allow a 3a max load to reach 2.6*3 or 7.8v before overloading the circuit (assuming hot batteries, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread