Advice on cartos burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdrak

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I have had a 78mm battery for a lil less than a month and it's always been a great battery with the cartos that I had ordered it with.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary that I can tell, but I got a new shipment today and already burned 6 fresh from the package pre-filled bloog maxx fusion cartos.

I thought that perhaps one or two were just bum cartos but it doesn't seem so after 6 have been burned. 4 cherry and 2 vanilla.

I have used re-filled cartos a couple times(in case anyone asks, but I have not used a RE-filled carto in almost a week)

It seems like the battery is revving a bit too high perhaps?

Did I happen to accidentally get juice into it and its causing the battery to burn hotter?

I sucked through the battery with out a carto, i don't taste anything bad.

Any wise words from the gurus and veterans on what I might have done wrong?

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
It doesn't sound like you've done anything to cause this. Sounds more like the new cartos have issues. But I don't know enough about this to suggest anything (like maybe the insides aren't centered or something). I know sending back cartos isn't done without special dispensation from Leaford or one of the other guys to confirm that they are faulty cartos.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Just to clarify, it's a Bloog Maxx Fusion battery, correct? Not from another vendor, or from Bloog's "Fusion" line?

The reason I ask is because Maxx Fusion batteries are regulated at 3.6V, while other models of KR808D-2 battery, including Bloog's Fusion line, are 4.2V straight off the charger, which can be too much for BMF cartos.

MoonDance

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
"Get your Bloog on! USA
I worked with Product Engineers at a manufacturing facility and can attest that almost anything can happen to a product on the assembly line. A team came to study the line for efficiency and took pictures of a dehumidifier on the line with gummy bears in the evap pan - because someone decided to share them with someone farther down the line. The team's slide showing this was a hit in the meeting - it was labeled "Gummy Bears Infiltrate Line 3".

That said, I've ordered Cherry 16mg in two different orders and they were the "juiciest" of all the non-tobacco flavor cartos I've gotten from Bloog. Never had Vanilla so I can't comment on that flavor.

Call customer service and let them trouble shoot this on the phone with you. We all should do that before we post on the forum if we have an issue, imho. I think sometimes we are all in such a hurry to figure out a problem that we forget to do that first.

Valdrak

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Definitely a bloog maxx fusion battery. Not a fusion battery. I ordered and received the battery about april 2nd. I got one of the few before it went out of stock just recently. 78 mm black with blue LED.

I do agree that my taste buds are kinda out of whack, and I dont taste the full awesome flavor as the first time...
The carto tastes.... okay.. at the first 3-4 pufs.. but by the 5-6th.. i start to taste a sort of metallic burning flavor.. very nearly the flavor when it is going dry.

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
Call customer service and let them trouble shoot this on the phone with you. We all should do that before we post on the forum if we have an issue, imho. I think sometimes we are all in such a hurry to figure out a problem that we forget to do that first.

I always have the worst luck with this. I seem to only have problems when CS is closed, particularly on a Friday afternoon, lol.

Valdrak

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Raleigh, NC

I kind of wanted to ask the guru's first before I bother CS about my issue, I know they are very busy.

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
This might sound silly, but how are the cartos stored? You may want to take one and give it a really good shake, like you would shake out a thermometer, with the battery end down. Or, you can keep the condoms on, put it battery end down into one of the black battery bags, and spin it around for a few seconds. Be sure to wipe off the end before sticking it on the battery!

If they've been stored upside down, it may be that the juice migrated to the wrong end. And, once they are burnt the taste lingers, so you may want to try this with a fresh one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread