Adoption Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDar82

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
I know this is off topic subject but I am making a film and need your support!

What if our government kept a sealed record on your identity? Birth records are public information to most of the population, but to a few like myself, are sealed because we are adopted. Currently, I have no legal right to my original birth record, unlike every other person in New York State.

All My Life… “A Working Title” is a documentary that focuses on my own efforts to discover who my biological parents are. Nine years of endless searching has brought me nothing. I have spent thousands of dollars on private investigators, posted up and down the internet, and even approached strangers, all in an effort to find my biological family.

My whole history is contained in a manila folder, thirteen barely legible pages contain everything I know about my parents. When I was a child I would pour over those documents trying to get a picture or a feeling of what I am or who they were. I, like other adoptees, have always felt like something was missing. A piece of me is gone.

This documentary will focus on the stories of adoptees and the efforts to unseal records for all adult adoptees. It will also highlight a portion of our society that people know very little about. The end goal for this film is to raise awareness, update the public health laws and finally help me discover who I am.

All My Life… is the first feature written and directed by Jason Darnieder, and produced by Flower City Media.

Please donate $5, $10 or more to help me make my vision a reality. Make sure to use the social media links on the page to tell your friends & help me achieve my goal! When you donate to the film you will be invited to a party held on my birthday to celebrate our efforts.
Please goto:
All My Life... A Working Title -- IndieGoGo

PS There will be lots of ecig vapeing involved I am sure. :D

Jay

Last edited:

JayDar82

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Whereas ARTICLE 1 of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS states, "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights."

Whereas ARTICLE 2 of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS states, "Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status."

Whereas ARTICLE 3 of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS states, "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and the security of person."

Whereas ARTICLE 4 of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS states, "No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms."

Whereas ARTICLE 6 of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS states, "Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law."

Whereas ARTICLE 7 of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS states, "All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination."

Whereas all Citizens - both adopted and non-adopted - are equal before the Law,

JayDar82

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
I know this is off topic subject but I am making a film and need your support!

What if our government kept a sealed record on your identity? Birth records are public information to most of the population, but to a few like myself, are sealed because we are adopted. Currently, I have no legal right to my original birth record, unlike every other person in New York State.

All My Life… “A Working Title” is a documentary that focuses on my own efforts to discover who my biological parents are. Nine years of endless searching has brought me nothing. I have spent thousands of dollars on private investigators, posted up and down the internet, and even approached strangers, all in an effort to find my biological family.

My whole history is contained in a manila folder, thirteen barely legible pages contain everything I know about my parents. When I was a child I would pour over those documents trying to get a picture or a feeling of what I am or who they were. I, like other adoptees, have always felt like something was missing. A piece of me is gone.

This documentary will focus on the stories of adoptees and the efforts to unseal records for all adult adoptees. It will also highlight a portion of our society that people know very little about. The end goal for this film is to raise awareness, update the public health laws and finally help me discover who I am.

All My Life… is the first feature written and directed by Jason Darnieder, and produced by Flower City Media.

Please donate $5, $10 or more to help me make my vision a reality. Make sure to use the social media links on the page to tell your friends & help me achieve my goal! When you donate to the film you will be invited to a party held on my birthday to celebrate our efforts.
Please goto:
All My Life... A Working Title -- IndieGoGo

PS There will be lots of ecig vapeing involved I am sure. :D

Jay

***UPDATE***
New promo video up for the film All My Life…

Adoptee Rights Film Promo 1080p on Vimeo

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Colorado finally opened the records ..mostly. It's a complicated mess if you ask me. But I came to the conclution a long time ago after searching for my birth family for years..that I don't want to open that can of worms! What if I don't like them? What if they don't want to know me? I could ruin lives by forcing my parents to fess up. The upside is that I could have sisters and brothers, aunts and uncles ect. By this time in my life (59) my parents could have passed. That would be sad to deal with.
I have kids, I have grandkids and a husband..I am happy just as I am.
All things will be reveled in due time.

I wish you luck with your search and a happy reunion.

JayDar82

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado finally opened the records ..mostly. It's a complicated mess if you ask me. But I came to the conclution a long time ago after searching for my birth family for years..that I don't want to open that can of worms! What if I don't like them? What if they don't want to know me? I could ruin lives by forcing my parents to fess up. The upside is that I could have sisters and brothers, aunts and uncles ect. By this time in my life (59) my parents could have passed. That would be sad to deal with.
I have kids, I have grandkids and a husband..I am happy just as I am.
All things will be reveled in due time.

I wish you luck with your search and a happy reunion.

Thanks for your kind words. I totally have though the same thing for many years but the need to know for me is very deep.

JayDar82

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
5 days left to help us reach $1,000 so we can apply for grants. If you have yet to check out the project please do so.

All My Life A Working Title is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions in behalf of All My Life A Working Title are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.

http://www.indiegogo.com/All-My-Life-A-Working-Title?a=28296&i=shlk

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
As a New York born adoptee, I have TWO pages of notes regarding my biological parents' allergies, medical issues, and the fact that they both wore glasses, as well as my progress for the first 10 days of life. My birth certificate was not signed and entered into the public record until my adoption was finalized a year later, and it was done with my adoptive parents' names. The original version had me named Baby Girl, and listed no parents. I am not even sure it lists my actual birthday. That nickname has stuck all these years, and my mom still calls me that from time to time. This was a "public" adoption, facilitated by the county DSS. I wish you luck in your search. New York is a very hard state to get that information from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread