Actors E-Cigarette

Btremb

Feb 11, 2024
I know over 10 years ago someone asked about the best e-cig for theatre. But so much had changed since then I donno what to go with.

My situation is that I am in a production of death of a salesman. My character smokes quite a bit and we had been planning to use the “actor’s e-cigarette” from newFX. But alas with recent legislation they have stopped selling them and I cannot get the parts I need.

My goal is a realistic looking e-cigarette, but with realistic amount of “smoke” when I use it. So many I look at the vapor is super thick or just has so much it looks very unrealistic. Does anyone have any guidance that could help.

• Sad
Reactions: Sir Kadly

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looking in my bookmarks, the link below is one of the few brands still in business and cheapest and that looks like a cigarette with same colors. I may have others in my bookmarks but no time to check them all right now.

If you don't want to be vaping nicotine or flavor, you'll have to vape through the juice in the cart and refill with some 0% nic unflavored. I'm pretty sure these are refillable. I can send you a small 10ml of plain liquid for it if you'r ein USA, if willing to pay shipping cost (would be under $10 I'm sure).

EDIT: Might not be a good option because it appears to have a green "ember" LED instead of amber.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There's also Magic Mist if you want just blank cartridges

Battery $15 Magic Mist Deluxe kit battery (Standard)

5-pack unfilled carts you gotta fill yourslelf $10 Magic Mist BLANK Cartridges - Vertigo

You'll have to contact them for appropriate charger as it's too confusing what's what on their site. as far as chargers go.

I cannot guarantee any of the companies I list are reliable anymore.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My goal is a realistic looking e-cigarette, but with realistic amount of “smoke” when I use it. So many I look at the vapor is super thick or just has so much it looks very unrealistic. Does anyone have any guidance that could help.

Not sure what you looked at but no cigalike setup is gonna put out unrelaistic clouds. That's one reason they are a dead product line. Might even be a little less than a cigarette. I can't remember cuz I haven't smoked a cig in like 10+ years lol.

Last edited:

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    (SmokeTip's white batteries look more like a tobacco cigarette than Apollo's).

If this is a play, on stage, as long as battery is white and cart is either white or tan color, that would suffice? Only OP can answer that. Audience won't be able to see the ecig that closely if it's on-stage performance. They prolly didn't have filter cigs back then, so full white might be more realistic, as it would resemble unfiltered.

I bet I have a cigalike battery I could send OP, with a new blank (and refillable) cart. Might even have a charger. Prolly even has amber LED, or red at the very least. But nothing is cigarette color. Cart is black and battery would be one of various other colors.

Reactions: Letitia

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    @Btremb I do indeed have 2 cigalike batts w/ 2 blank new carts and USB charger I'm willing to part with. Both still had a charge when I dug them out (surprising actually since they are prolly from 2011 or so) plus was able to charge them up. Just can't tell you how long they last between charges.

8LapSf6.jpeg

Both batteries are automatic draw so no button to push to work them, just suck.

White battery has amber/orange ember LED, gold has red ember/LED.

Pics show mostly-inaccurate ember color. More accurate color is seen at the periphery of each ember.

8FcRp25.jpg

The carts are black (and empty so I will provide non-nicotine juice for you).

White electrical tape on the gold batt and on the carts will make them look like unfiltered cigs (or "lights" filtered cigs) - assuming this is a stage performance it shouldn't be an issue.

If interested and you're in USA, just PM me. Sorry, I won't ship outside USA.

Also please verify they will let you vape on stage first. 90% of the public think vape is the devil x100 incarnate, worse than cigarettes....so would not be surprised if they would deny you using an ecig on stage. Vaping's bad, m'kay. :rolleyes: The brainwashing is deep.

You're rebuttal would be that if they were gonna let you use the cig props you were gonna buy, those are just disposable ecigs with a more realistic looking ember tip. Mine, and the ones in the links I listed, are merely rechargeable and refillable. Same exact thing.

Reactions: MLEJ

Users who are viewing this thread