A Month with a Brunhilde MTL

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
The Brunhilde (fillport) and the Geekvape "Flask" were meant for each other. :thumb:
1000018858.jpg

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    The Brunhilde (fillport) and the Geekvape "Flask" were meant for each other. :thumb:
    "Geekvape "Flask"" at DuckDuckGo
    A 30ml. sili bottle with a SS encasing? I'm interested! I use the bottle in the middle as my 'filler bottle' in general, but also to fill my Brunhilde in particular.

edit: jeez. i was gonna add some rant text to this post about the image not displaying, but in edit mode I see the image just fine..

Last edited:
    Reactions: Falconeer

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    "Geekvape "Flask"" at DuckDuckGo
    A 30ml. sili bottle with a SS encasing? I'm interested! I use the bottle in the middle as my 'filler bottle' in general, but also to fill my Brunhilde in particular.
    I have a bottle or two like yours. For carrying along, the needle would be a hindrance.

I was surprised when I opened a package, a purchase from a member, who tossed in some free stuff. There was the aluminum flask, and the latest (new) GV light flask inside.
    1000017930.jpg

Edit - Both discontinued, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    I've searched and searched for cotton to use with these MTL/RTAs. I can't find anything in bulk that will work. What are my options and best source to buy what I'm needing for these tiny coils?

I LIKE the stock shoelace type that come in the box, but are there any other...better options?

Help.....lol

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I've searched and searched for cotton to use with these MTL/RTAs. I can't find anything in bulk that will work. What are my options and best source to buy what I'm needing for these tiny coils?

I LIKE the stock shoelace type that come in the box, but are there any other...better options?

Help.....lol
    I think you should pop your question up in the Shiny Thread Mate, plenty of different types of cotton users on there! Although no doubt a few will pop their :2c::2c: worth in here also:thumb:
    I use shoelace cotton or the 'lazy man's wick', there's other cotton that much more economical though but as long as I purchase it on special it doesn't work out too bad financially(well that's what I tell myself anyway:lol:)

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    I think you should pop your question up in the Shiny Thread Mate, plenty of different types of cotton users on there! Although no doubt a few will pop their :2c::2c: worth in here also:thumb:
    I use shoelace cotton or the 'lazy man's wick', there's other cotton that much more economical though but as long as I purchase it on special it doesn't work out too bad financially(well that's what I tell myself anyway:lol:)
    I bought one of these to try based on others who've used the past few years. If it's not great, my wife can use it.

1000018930.jpg

Last edited:

no|ah

Dec 11, 2023
    Connecticut, USA
    Knock on wood I haven't had a dry hit in the Brunhilde for the past couple builds, even running the tank down to (very) near empty. Getting great flavor out of it lately too.

I can't vape Kanthal wire, for me, it has a nasty metallic taste that I find repugnant.
    For giggles I tried a build with some thick 24ga kanthal last night. I also find that it tastes dingy and metallic, muting flavor. I do like the slower ramp up time of the thick wire though, especially in an RDA.

I bought one of these to try based on others who've used the past few years. If it's not great, my wife can use it.

View attachment 1008171
    I've stumbled across that stuff too. Once you've used it for a bit, I'd be curious to know what you think of it vs. the Vapefly Firebolt cotton that came with your Brunhilde.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Knock on wood I haven't had a dry hit in the Brunhilde for the past couple builds, even running the tank down to (very) near empty.
    These tanks are really nice IMO. I learned quickly to tip the mod bottom into the air, better feeding of the capillary wicking. I like the tank so much, two more are in-route.
    I've stumbled across that stuff too. Once you've used it for a bit, I'd be curious to know what you think of it vs. the Vapefly Firebolt cotton that came with your Brunhilde.
    I'm real curious as well. I'll try it as it comes, then try simmering in water on the stove. I'll be sure to share my thoughts compared.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

View attachment 1008171

Puff is a popular organic cotton pad band among vapers, as are the Muji and Koh Gen Do brands. I prefer Muji for it's denseness, which I then thin out. We all like what we like so you'll get recommendations for all of them, obviously. I used to use puff, then I got KGD and Muji for cheap on clearance on vape sites and settled on Muji.

There are many vape branded cottons like Cotton Bacon. CB dosen't come in sheets, rather in small clumps. I think VapeFly also has it' sown branded cotton. Of course these vape cottons will cost more.

Many also Rayon and CelluCotton.

There are other materials and brands people use, these are what you'll see most on forums and vids.

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    #2 Brunhilde MTL arrived, and quickly got prepped for use. This one got the 4th largest air jet.

#3 MTL/RTA (on the way) I'll install the #3 jet, then compare.

Wide open is nice for DL.
    I've always had no inserts in and the outside airflow wide open and I find that gives me a fantastic RDL vape!

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Another toy arrived today, along with the stainless Brunhilde MTL, two rolls of 26ga wire (Ni80/316 stainless), curved tweezers, and the Puffs Organic Pads. The Puffs cotton is pretty decent stuff IMO. The Brunhilde is wide open on this one. Great flavor and wicking! The SBS is a real treat. I LIKE how compact the whole package!

1000019321.jpg

1000019322.jpg

theDOSgod

Feb 1, 2024
    USA
    Another toy arrived today, along with the stainless Brunhilde MTL, two rolls of 26ga wire (Ni80/316 stainless), curved tweezers, and the Puffs Organic Pads. The Puffs cotton is pretty decent stuff IMO. The Brunhilde is wide open on this one. Great flavor and wicking! The SBS is a real treat. I LIKE how compact the whole package!

View attachment 1008489
    View attachment 1008490
    I've never found a way to get the threading setup so it looks that good. How did you do that? Lol

Reactions: no|ah

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    I've never found a way to get the threading setup so it looks that good. How did you do that? Lol
    The alignment just happened to time right. One of the other three I have, timing is perfect on that one as well.

Funny, because I was just searching the web, looking for info, on whether they can be timed.

Disregard below.
    Looking at the cage, it's a press-fit onto the 510 bottom plate.

I'm betting the two (not easily) can be taken apart and pressed back in where needed.

Hmm, I have the tools.

Last edited:
    Reactions: no|ah

Users who are viewing this thread