A lot has happened since joining ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
When I joined ECF about 3 weeks ago, I didn't expect all these changes in my life in such a short time.

1. First and foremost, look at my signature! I had my last cigarette yesterday morning, as I was opening my new innokin Endura, based on reviews and advice on ECF. I haven't had another cigarette since. I know it's not very long yet, but for me it's huge. I'm just taking it one hour/one day at a time.
  2. I now make my own e-liquid - thanks @Gfdeputy2! I can't believe the cost savings, and the ability of customizing it exactly as I want it.
  3. I've learned so much, and discovered many little tidbits of information by reading, reading, reading on ECF.
So after 3 weeks on ECF, I'm a well-informed, ex-smoking alchemist. Wish me luck with the ex-smoking bit. After 40 years of 2 packs a day, I'm going to need all the help I can get. Off to a good start though. Thanks ECF!! :)

DorianC

Jan 3, 2016
San Diego, California
When I joined ECF about 3 weeks ago, I didn't expect all these changes in my life in such a short time.

1. First and foremost, look at my signature! I had my last cigarette yesterday morning, as I was opening my new Innokin Endura, based on reviews and advice on ECF. I haven't had another cigarette since. I know it's not very long yet, but for me it's huge. I'm just taking it one hour/one day at a time.
  2. I now make my own e-liquid - thanks @Gfdeputy2! I can't believe the cost savings, and the ability of customizing it exactly as I want it.
  3. I've learned so much, and discovered many little tidbits of information by reading, reading, reading on ECF.
So after 3 weeks on ECF, I'm a well-informed, ex-smoking alchemist. Wish me luck with the ex-smoking bit. After 40 years of 2 packs a day, I'm going to need all the help I can get. Off to a good start though. Thanks ECF!! :)
You are every reason why the forums exist. Congratulations on leaving analogues behind!
Good luck on your DIY journey, I'm new as well and can tell you from down the road you're on (as most here probably will), you're gonna enjoy it. :)

DorianC

Jan 3, 2016
San Diego, California
A lot has happened, read this link and you'll see what also happens:
Stop Smoking Benefits Timetable

When I left ciggies behind, I read it and ticked off the benefits. I also began to taste and smell again, so my taste in liquids changed. I'm still a lover of tobacco liquids, but I catch subtleties much better.

My secret for staying off the ciggies was that I always said I could have one if I wanted. The subconscious mind will crave them until you tell it you're not Stopping something but rather, changing. Then, for me, it quieted down.

So dont panic if you get cravings, they happen.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA

1. First and foremost, look at my signature! I had my last cigarette yesterday morning, as I was opening my new Innokin Endura, based on reviews and advice on ECF. I haven't had another cigarette since. I know it's not very long yet, but for me it's huge. I'm just taking it one hour/one day at a time.
When you turn that corner and realize that you don't want or have to smoke that cigarette, it's awesome. Congrats on getting there!!:banana: :banana:

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015

Congratulations!

I'm in close-to the same boat and have also found this place incredibly motivating and wish I'd found it years ago.

Reactions: RoseJ

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Aww, thanks so much everyone. If quitting could be achieved with support alone, I'd have it knocked. :)

@DorianC - I'm also doing this - I'm telling myself that I haven't actually quit, and can have a cigarette at any time. As soon as I tell myself that I can't have any more, that's when I'll light up. :(

@jensy - I think you're right about good gear, good liquid, and this forum. Those are the main things that I've changed in the last 3 weeks. :)

@oplholik - thanks, I do have a set of VaporFi pens that I've been using for months, which at the moment are my backup. But this morning I did order another Innokin Endura. :)

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
When I joined ECF about 3 weeks ago, I didn't expect all these changes in my life in such a short time
  1. I now make my own e-liquid - thanks @Gfdeputy2! I can't believe the cost savings, and the ability of customizing it exactly as I want it.
Girl I applaud you for that alone. Make your own juice and you will be saving money to beat the band! Good on ya girl!

Reactions: RoseJ

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Congrats! A whole day is huge, and every victory should be acknowledged and celebrated.

If I can offer some unsolicited advice:
1. Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up. If you happen to have a cigarette, it doesn't reset the progress you've made, it's just another step on the journey. Keep in mind all of the cigarettes that you haven't had.

2. If reducing nic is in your gameplan(not saying that it has to be, it isn't in mine), don't move too fast.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Congrats! A whole day is huge, and every victory should be acknowledged and celebrated.

If I can offer some unsolicited advice:
1. Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up. If you happen to have a cigarette, it doesn't reset the progress you've made, it's just another step on the journey. Keep in mind all of the cigarettes that you haven't had.

2. If reducing nic is in your gameplan(not saying that it has to be, it isn't in mine), don't move too fast.

Thank you. This is good advice. :)

Reactions: Lessifer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread