ECF members - thank you, thank you, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
On January 3rd 2016, I joined ECF, looking for advice on how to get past dual-use, and on to quitting cigarettes. Here's what has happened since then:

* On January 22nd, I quit smoking. I received my first Innokin Endura T18, after seeing it recommended many times for beginner quitters on ECF. I haven't smoked a cigarette since opening that package.

* I started DIY e-liquids, with a ton of one-on-one help from an ECF member, and now I save a ton of money, and make custom blends for both my husband and myself.

* I learned about WTA, the vapocalypse, the anti-vaping legislation all over the world, tootle-puffers, ANTZ, and I'm actually starting to make sense of some of the vaping jargon and acronyms on ECF.

* Encouraged by my success, my husband quit smoking too - I didn't think that would ever happen! So this one is a huge deal. While he hasn't joined ECF, he reads it voraciously.

* We have started building a stock of stuff, in case things get crazy.

* I actually made a real nice friend from an ECF member - a fellow Floridian who is an awesome lady.

* My husband has decided he's going to make coils. He's read pretty much everything on coil-making on ECF, and has just ordered his starter stuff.

* We took advantage of the Provari 2.5 sale and bought two each. :) We both love them, but I still like my Enduras better. :)

* In December, my doctor told me that I'm about to cross over into COPD territory, and that I have to quit smoking NOW! I have my next blood test in May, and can't wait to see the results. She doesn't know I've quit yet, so I'll surprise her. She was all for vaping, btw. :)

In a nutshell, this is now a non-smoking household, we are saving our health and a ton of money, and our heartfelt thanks go to you members of ECF. I've never met a group of people who are so very willing and happy to help. You all rock!

Big hugs to you all!

Rose & Steve

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
On January 3rd 2016, I joined ECF, looking for advice on how to get past dual-use, and on to quitting cigarettes. Here's what has happened since then:

* On January 22nd, I quit smoking. I received my first Innokin Endura T18, after seeing it recommended many times for beginner quitters on ECF. I haven't smoked a cigarette since opening that package.

* I started DIY e-liquids, with a ton of one-on-one help from an ECF member, and now I save a ton of money, and make custom blends for both my husband and myself.

* I learned about WTA, the vapocalypse, the anti-vaping legislation all over the world, tootle-puffers, ANTZ, and I'm actually starting to make sense of some of the vaping jargon and acronyms on ECF.

* Encouraged by my success, my husband quit smoking too - I didn't think that would ever happen! So this one is a huge deal. While he hasn't joined ECF, he reads it voraciously.

* We have started building a stock of stuff, in case things get crazy.

* I actually made a real nice friend from an ECF member - a fellow Floridian who is an awesome lady.

* My husband has decided he's going to make coils. He's read pretty much everything on coil-making on ECF, and has just ordered his starter stuff.

* We took advantage of the Provari 2.5 sale and bought two each. :) We both love them, but I still like my Enduras better. :)

* In December, my doctor told me that I'm about to cross over into COPD territory, and that I have to quit smoking NOW! I have my next blood test in May, and can't wait to see the results. She doesn't know I've quit yet, so I'll surprise her. She was all for vaping, btw. :)

In a nutshell, this is now a non-smoking household, we are saving our health and a ton of money, and our heartfelt thanks go to you members of ECF. I've never met a group of people who are so very willing and happy to help. You all rock!

Big hugs to you all!

Rose & Steve

^^^^^^ This(!) is what it's all about.

Seriously, I'm sitting in an airport waiting for my delayed flight and I have tears in my eyes. Not cuz the flight's delayed but because this is truly heartening in an increasingly disheartening climate.

Thank You for posting ! :)

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
^^^^^^ This(!) is what it's all about.

Seriously, I'm sitting in an airport waiting for my delayed flight and I have tears in my eyes. Not cuz the flight's delayed but because this is truly heartening in an increasingly disheartening climate.

Thank You for posting ! :)

Aww, I'm glad to lift your spirits a bit. The pendulum will swing, you'll see. Hope you get your flight soon! Airports suck.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Thank you so much for sharing the details of your journey with us. I truly did need to hear something like this. Your story has made my heart sing. Thank you and Congratulations to both you and your hubby :wub:

I was about to post on your thread, Matt. Just remember, you, and others like you, are the reason people like me are successful. THAT's why you need to stick around, ok? :)

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Great Great Post!!!! I feel the same these members who take their time to share the knowledge they have with all the newbies need to be Thanked for all the do . I know i owe a lot of my success to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yes, they do. I don't know if they realize how effective they are.

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
It's a good feeling passing on info that helps, whether it's helping fix a leaking tank or just giving the support to completely get someone off of the analogs. We all joined here for more or less the same reasons, to quit smoking and change our lives for the better. I try to pass on as much as I can because I've also received a vast amount of knowledge from the great people on here. I've had a few times where I wasn't happy with my gear/build and was ready to give up due to frustration but someone on here was either having the same issue or knew a fix and I was soon vaping happy again! Not enough thank yous can go out to this wonderful community!

Reactions: RoseJ

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Great to hear about your success and getting your hubby to get involved. That's wonderful! Looking forward to hearing about your test results in May.

Thanks, I'll post when I get the results.

We are also working on my husband's twin brother. He's a new vaper, and is cutting back fast.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thanks, I'll post when I get the results.

We are also working on my husband's twin brother. He's a new vaper, and is cutting back fast.
It must be a real joy to help others convert. I envy you and others who have saved lives. I have no one who needs the help. I was the last smoker in my entire family, most had enough sense to never start and the rest quit cold turkey years ago as if there was nothing to it. I believe most of them frown on my vaping but accept it as better than smoking.
My job consumes my life. What precious little time I get at home is all about family. Actually don't know anyone else.

Reactions: RoseJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread