801 Atomizer Cartridge Drip Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Rhode Island
www.youtube.com
I'd love to give it a try but I'm having serious issues with 801's on the xhaler. The one I got that came with the mod was perfect. It fit and had air flow even when screwed down all the way. It lasted for 2 weeks and was a champ the whole time.

Ever since then It has been nothing but trouble. The next attys I got looked exactly the same but had some issues. I immediately noticed there was no air flow available when they were screwed in. In fact, to get good air flow the atty had to be unscrewed to the point where it was ready to pop off the mod if it was handled in a manner anything less than gentle. One lasted one day, and the other 2 lasted around a week or so.

This last batch is very different. I had ordered 4 attys, but due to a mix-up with a new employee I only received one with my order. Drew sorted that out right quick and sent me out what was missing. The atty that came with the first half of the shipment was a true slb 801 just like the others I had received before. The 3 that came in the supplemental order are different than anything else I had seen. I didn't do much with the attys when I got them other than to verify there was 3 in the package. I had a 901 I was using that was vaping like a champ for weeks. Recently it's been loosing it's oompf, and only having one 901 left I decided to break into the newer 801 atty's.

First thing I notice is the wood grain pattern on the atty. Never seen that before. Second thing I notice is no matter how far out I unscrew these atty's I get awful air flow. It's unusable right up to the point that it pops off. Looking at the bottom of the atty there is no slb markings. The second major difference is 2 holes on either side of the center post. Has anyone else gotten an atty like this?

I must say that besides the first atty I had, none of them have fit correctly. Now, unscrewing them to get some airflow worked most of the time, but it is not ideal by any means. The short of it, to me as a user, is that the 801 cap simply needs to be redesigned. The 901 cap and 510 adapter both function just fine. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue short of a cap redesign?

I'm so sorry for hijacking your thread luke, but apparently I still can't post my own. Very interesting looking mod...def looks like it's worth a try.

Zap

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Rhode Island
www.youtube.com
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Very happy to hear the 801 cap is being looked into. When it works it is my favorite way to vape HV. There must be some real loose tolerance in these attys, as the one that came with it fit perfect screwed down with perfect airflow. I can't see any real difference between that and the other slb's I have.

Are the brown attys I received not true slb's? The lack of markings and design differences leads me to believe they are something else. I know when I ordered the site lists only DSE801 SLB's. Could these be hv 801's? I need to go check the resistance.

Thanks again for the quick reply and great service as usual.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
These are not SLBs...These are a low bridge atty that I ordered...I actually noticed that mine work better and dont seem to leak as much as some of the othres...But yur right the tolerence on the attys are different from one to the next...I have been getting outstanding performance from the ones I have been testing...I guess we will have to see what happens with them...The adapter I sent you will work with all the attys...Thanks
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread