510-T Atomizer with 510 Carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowingOne

Mar 16, 2011
Boston, MA
Hey everyone. I've been messing about with vaping for about a year, but I never really got that into it until my girlfriend recently used them to quit smoking (finally!).

Now that at least one person in the house is vaping regularly, we went ahead and placed an order for some new atomizers and other goodies which arrived here this morning. I have a question I've been searching around for an answer to all day both here and with the mystical google-fu.

My only concern is that we bought 510-T atomizers instead of the standard 510s. I immediately noticed how different the coil-stuffs looked. We went ahead and very carefully tried using the 510-T atomizers with a filled standard cart, and it seemed to work okay (and, perhaps, even better). But the important question: is there any danger/warning for using the tank atomizers with the filled carts? After a few drags we saw no issues (no burning, no visible/taste-able warning flags).

We're going to place an order for the correct tank carts after the new year, but in the meantime can we use the atomizers while we wait, or is there a danger/health/whatever risk?

Thanks all in advance, and happy New Year!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Actually the LR 510-T atty is one of my favorite dripping atties (wick plate removed)

Looks like this inside with the plate removed.
    P1000374.jpg

You drip the juice directly on the coil.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    Im lost are you talking cartridges with polly in side? If so what ever works works. But IMO this is not such a good set up thats why Cartomizers were introduced to give a better product over those. Direct Dripping is much less hassle over constantly refilling the cartridges.
    They are one of those things that we get as a starter and quickly see that they do work but there are much better products available.
    But to answer your question if the atty is getting juice it will produce vapor It does not know you are using a cartage instead of a tank.

CrowingOne

Mar 16, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Awesome, thanks Buzzzlove and tj for answering!

This is temporary and part of a "new beginning" for us and vaping. It just needs to last long enough for a new order to come through with more efficient/correct parts.

We're going to try to Cartomizers and maybe even dripping too, but as they stand we're happy with the atomizer+cart setup for the time being.

The only big deal using the tank atomizers with the standard stuffed carts is that you need to refresh the juice a bit more to keep it on top. Fine with us for a few days. We actually found that the tank atomizers produced better hits/vapor/taste than the standard version.

Thanks everyone!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    I'm a fan of tank & atty systems, unlike most people. I've never tried a tank atomizer with a cartridge before, but if it works then keep on going. You should definitely give the proper tanks a try. I find they taste much better than polyfill. I don't use the 510's though, but since the 901 tanks can be used with 510-T attys, I'm not sure there's much of a difference in taste.

Cartomizers are good to have. I always have at least one filled as a backup. But I find the taste of a tank to be superior and the throat hit is much more smooth. Of course, everyone has their own preferences.

Good luck!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    Awesome, thanks Buzzzlove and tj for answering!

This is temporary and part of a "new beginning" for us and vaping. It just needs to last long enough for a new order to come through with more efficient/correct parts.

We're going to try to Cartomizers and maybe even dripping too, but as they stand we're happy with the atomizer+cart setup for the time being.

The only big deal using the tank atomizers with the standard stuffed carts is that you need to refresh the juice a bit more to keep it on top. Fine with us for a few days. We actually found that the tank atomizers produced better hits/vapor/taste than the standard version.

Thanks everyone!

I would suggest lots of research here and youtube are a great place The Guide To Vaping Electronic Cigarettes and eLiquid
    The Vape Book
    Heres some more great informational sights. I would compare the system you are using to rubbing sticks to a lighter to build a fire. To a Cartomizer and tank system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread