Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
What does it mean when you have a fully charged PCC (green light) and put in a manual battery, the top light & bottom lights go red, then shortly after the top light goes off and the middle & bottom lights go red? Or all three go red, with the top one a dimmer light?

Or, as just now, unplugged the PCC & took out the battery - all lights off. Put in a dead battery & the middle light turned red, top light dim red, bottom light off. Plugged in PCC and top light dim red, bottom two red.

When the PCC was new, a charging battery just turned the top light red.

I have two batteries doing this in my PCC right now and they don't seem to charge at all.

Are the batteries dead? Or is a PCC issue?

Lada

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
The top light going red means that the battery in the PCC is charging, same as the bottom light going red except it means that the PCC is charging. As for the middle light, I think that's a bad light :-(
You might want to check the little card that came with it figure what that middle light means. I'd tell you but I lost mine.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
The middle light comes on to tell you that you don't have enough juice to charge a battery. Take the battery out and it should go off. If not, disconnect the usb (all lights should go out) and then reconnect it. If the middle light comes on still with no batt, you probably have a bad PCC.

If the middle light does go out when you reconnect it, see if the bottom light will go green after a while. Then try a batt you know is good but needs at least some charging.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Ity sucks because I now have 2 dead batteries and one that I'm pretty sure is shot because it won't charge and won't shut off all of the way. (You can see the VERY dim LED.)

Thanks gawd for my passthru!!

Try putting your 2 dead batteries in the regular charger. If they take a full charge and work try them in the PCC again.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
The middle light comes on to tell you that you don't have enough juice to charge a battery. Take the battery out and it should go off. If not, disconnect the usb (all lights should go out) and then reconnect it. If the middle light comes on still with no batt, you probably have a bad PCC.

If the middle light does go out when you reconnect it, see if the bottom light will go green after a while. Then try a batt you know is good but needs at least some charging.
OK, empty PCC plugged into the USb and just the bottom red light goes on. I'll wait until it turns green.

But, if I'm recharging the battery while the PCC is still connected to the USB, should the middle light still come on?

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
OK, empty PCC plugged into the USb and just the bottom red light goes on. I'll wait until it turns green.

But, if I'm recharging the battery while the PCC is still connected to the USB, should the middle light still come on?

It could if your USB port isn't providing enough power to charge the PCC faster than the PCC is charging the battery. There is a finite amount of power that the USB ports combined on a PC will provide to the devices attached.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
What happens to all of the lights on the PCC when the battery is finally charged? Right now I have a green bottom light, red middle light and the top light is a dim red. The PCC is plugged in to the USB. I waited until the PCC light turned green before putting in the battery.

Umm, either you have a bad batt or a bad PCC. What happens when you take the batt out? What if you try another batt?

Too bad they're out of stock. Most places charge about that much for each piece.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Umm, either you have a bad batt or a bad PCC. What happens when you take the batt out? What if you try another batt?

Too bad they're out of stock. Most places charge about that much for each piece.
Hmmmm....I think it may be bad batteries. I just checked the one that has been in the PCC for a couple of hours and not even a glimmer of life! What kills batteries, anyhow??

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Hmmmm....I think it may be bad batteries. I just checked the one that has been in the PCC for a couple of hours and not even a glimmer of life! What kills batteries, anyhow??

Either something inside goes bad or they just wear out - they only have so many charge/discharge cycles before they're dead. Either way they will eventually die.

Will any of your batts go into the PCC without making the middle light come on?

psychler

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Oakland, CA
As far as I know the middle light = not enough power. Maybe try unplugging any other usb devices or diverting more power to usb (if you happen to be some sort of computer genius). How about trying a car charger? I just picked up one that goes in the cigarette lighter slot and has a female usb plug and it works great. Also maybe try a friend's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread