4081 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCowbell

Moved On
Jun 21, 2009
I'm looking to put something together to give my mother to finally get her off analogs. She'll probably like the size of the 4081 but I was hoping for some input first..

1) Do 4081s have decent throat hit/vapor? It doesn't have to be the best but is it should be reasonably good or she wont use it.

2) Are the atomizers reliable?

3) Are all 4081s the same no matter where you buy them from? I've seen them with drastically different prices.

Thanks all.. :thumb:

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
Hello MrCowbell.

1. Yes they do. At least enough to keep me off of analogs. Alot depends on nic strength for throat hit. But the vapor is similar than a cig, you just have to make the adjustment from drawing on a cig, to vaping. If you want a real vapor machine there are much more powerful units out there, like the 510 I hear. But they usually come with a manual battery. Many people first transition on a mini cig due to the familiarity of use with a common cigarette.
2.I've had 1 batt, and 1 atty for 2 weeks, it vaps better now than when it started, and I use this constantly thanks to being my only unit. So I'd say its pretty reliable!

3.I think they are, they should all work together at least. I'm not sure if different models are very much different, if at all. I don't think so, but someone may know better then I.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I see more posts from members having problems with the super mini/peewee. (4081) Rule of thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance. When you have used 8-10 different PV's, you get to know what performs better. I would only recommend a manual switch PV at this point. Better performance, more like the real thing, you can heat up the atomizer as long as you want - no auto cut off. If it must look like the real thing, then check out the Joye 510/Janty Dura-C - well supported by members. If long term performance is more important than looks, then check out the Janty Stick, Prodigy or Screwdriver.

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
I have to agree with WV2Win on this one. If your buying this for a smoker who isn't the one looking for the change, you need to make the change as smooth and as satisfying as possible. With RN your going to have to draw much harder to get you vapor and hit. Where as, from what I hear, the 510 give vapor galore and SATISFIES the craving the most.
If your mom isn't going to be hassled at work, then looks ( asin not looking like a cig) won't be an issue.
Go for a 510, or another vapor king and she'll more than likely make the change.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Is there a happy medium? Small size and decent hit? Is there something as good as the 510 but with an auto switch?

So many models, I have seen a whole lot of side by side comparisons.

NO! That is why so many members have switched to manual switch PV's. Pressing a little button as you inhale really is quite simple. Unless she is concerned about appearance, the Screwdriver and Prodigy both deliver some of the best "throat hit" of any PV's on the market. If throat hit is the primary objective, these two deliver with the least amount of hassle. Plus, the replacement batteries cost $2 instead of $15 - $20 and will give her 6-8 hours on a charge. Just less hassle. The Prodigy I believe has a 7 day return policy which should be enough time for her to figure out if she likes it.

Last edited:

Treece

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
I started with the 4081 and used it for almost 4 months, then I got a 901, mostly just for a change. The 901 is an easier draw, and I like the whistle-tip--but I wouldn't have wanted that when I was first vaping. I wanted something that looked as much like a cigarette as possible, and I wouldn't have wanted to mess with a manual switch, either. The 4081 fit the bill, got me off analogs, is now getting my husband off analogs, and the atomizers last and last and last (in my experience).

I suggest you watch Spikey's review of the Liberation Jr. in this section to see the 4081 in action. That's what helped me decide. There are other video reviews of the 4081, as well, so you can see for yourself how they perform.

(BTW, I gave my husband a 901 to try for a few days, and he told me this morning he was going back to the 4081.) :)

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Is there a happy medium? Small size and decent hit? Is there something as good as the 510 but with an auto switch?

So many models, I have seen a whole lot of side by side comparisons.

There are a lot of comments about the auto switch vs the manual switch. The manual switch definitely gives you positive control while vaping.

The question is, will your mother understand how to use the manual switch? Although my mother does not smoke, she would never be able to comprehend the manual switch.

If your mother is like mine, I recommend the auto switch. What's best for some, is not good for others. Only you can decide this. If she understands the function, she'll be OK with it. If she doesn't understand it, she'll just sit there burning up atomizers, and go back to analogs.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks everyone..

Just one last question.. Where is a good place to buy a 4081? They are all over the place in different names at different prices.

Cheap prices, and good service;

Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop
RN4081 is out of stock at Runyan.

Trueman has RN4081 starter kits for $28.00. you should really pick up spare atomizers too. And maybe a passthrough.
RN4081 (103MM)_E- Cigarette_TRUEMAN ECIG Passthrough RN4081 M401 510 801C 901C DSE084 DSE901 DSE801 DSE103 -

fellcolor

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Chicago, IL
You mention trueman - reading their web site I got the impression that they were a wholesaler that didn't cater to one-off types of customers. But reading the forum today I get the impression that they do retail sized sales too.

I can figure out a way to order enough to justify the shipping costs at those prices - and am guessing that 75% of the penny ante e-cig vendors in the US are doing less than $1000 shipments from trueman and ruyandirect for their stock.

QuickClip

Jul 28, 2009
I usually order about $200 at a time from Trueman. No problems at all with them. I tried a $100 order with Central Trade. They refused my order, saying "not large enough". They were a bit rude about it too.
I want to order about 6 or 7 4081 starter kits with the charge packs. Anyone else have this brand? If so please could you explain the pros cons of the e-cig. I live in boulder CO and currently everywhere i go people ask me where to get an e-cig. If i would have had kits on me i could easily have sold over a hundred by now. I have quite a few of the M401 series kits already but the 4081 with charge pack is only 33.00 bucks at trueman. Also one thing to be careful about with oversea orders is it's possible that customs will stop and confiscate your orders. I've talked with quite a few small time venders that say customs has over 5,000 dollars worth of their stuff. non-refundable.. well thanks for your time guys. And remember "Don't let big tobacco dictate how or what we can smoke.." I don't know about you guys but i can't afford to pay those jack asses 6 bucks a pack anymore. QuickClip...

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
I want to order about 6 or 7 4081 starter kits with the charge packs. Anyone else have this brand? If so please could you explain the pros cons of the e-cig. I live in boulder CO and currently everywhere i go people ask me where to get an e-cig. If i would have had kits on me i could easily have sold over a hundred by now. I have quite a few of the M401 series kits already but the 4081 with charge pack is only 33.00 bucks at trueman. Also one thing to be careful about with oversea orders is it's possible that customs will stop and confiscate your orders. I've talked with quite a few small time venders that say customs has over 5,000 dollars worth of their stuff. non-refundable.. well thanks for your time guys. And remember "Don't let big tobacco dictate how or what we can smoke.." I don't know about you guys but i can't afford to pay those jack asses 6 bucks a pack anymore. QuickClip...

If you want to order for resale, there are a couple things you have to do.

Contact a wholesaler. They will give you the bulk prices for resale.

If you order the goods for resale, you have to register as a supplier with the Forum. ECF's spam rules have restrictions on suppliers for obvious reasons. Not registering, and posting in certain areas could get you banned.

koskey06

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
fredericktown PA
Ok yes you haave to suck a "lil" harder to get a hit but not really, it just makes a whistle sound that makes it seem like you are sucking harder. i been using the same batt and same atti for 7 months now. the batts still lasts just as long as when i first got it. The atti still smoke just as good if not better now then it did when i first got it!!! I got mine from Smoking Everywhere so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. I have the gold version. All i know is this thing is a beast!!!!! I have dropped it,kicked it and everything else. I also have a 901 and a 801 and this rn4081 has the best throat hit out of them all!!!!! The only down fall i would have to say is that each cart only holds about 3-4 drops so you have to make sure to have a few with you at all times. But me now i just use mine for dripping.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Ok yes you haave to suck a "lil" harder to get a hit but not really, it just makes a whistle sound that makes it seem like you are sucking harder. i been using the same batt and same atti for 7 months now. the batts still lasts just as long as when i first got it. The atti still smoke just as good if not better now then it did when i first got it!!! I got mine from Smoking Everywhere so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. I have the gold version. All i know is this thing is a beast!!!!! I have dropped it,kicked it and everything else. I also have a 901 and a 801 and this rn4081 has the best throat hit out of them all!!!!! The only down fall i would have to say is that each cart only holds about 3-4 drops so you have to make sure to have a few with you at all times. But me now i just use mine for dripping.

Try this place for the double size RN4081 Cartridges. Everyone seems to love them.
Super Mini RN4081 Blank DOUBLE Cartridges - $3.50 : e cigarettes, The electronic cigarette store
jd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread