My Mom needs cartos (she's 65 y/o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jang0

Jul 24, 2012
Ozark
My Mother needs prefilled cartos, Blu are just awful but it's all that we can get locally (we are fairly rural) the blu cartos she buys here, half the time taste old and burnt right out of the box. So, I suggested to her that we start ordering online from a different company.

I offered to help her get blanks and fill them, but she doesn't want to mess with it. She likes the small Blu style batteries, and doesn't want anything bigger, I can't blame her for that, I'm proud of her for kicking the analogs. Point being, she's not gonna get clearos, tanks, or bigger batteries like my eGo.

I don't want her to go back to analogs, this is the first thing she's tried in her whole life that has gotten her off them, but if we don't find some decent tasting, fresh cartos soon, I'm afraid she'll fall back.

So... Halo, Volcano, etc.. anyone tried them or can anyone recommend something in which she might have a better experience?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
You might want to look at a smokeless image volt, which is a second generation kr808d-1. You then have access to a wide array of prefilled 808 cartos, whether from si or other shops (like vapor4life, v4l).

Prefilled can be a bit hit or miss, but if she likes a v4l, you can then buy just the eliquid to refill or top off a weak fill.

frankbooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I haven't had any experience with prefilled carto's but you can get blank carto's from pretty much anywhere on the web and as long as you are doing the filling I don't really see what argument she could have. Or you could just tell her you bought them filled and call it a day. I guess my point would be that you have a much wider selection of juices on the web and chances are that she has to like at least one.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Here is what I did [I'm not as old as your mom but I don't want a bunch of techy hassle to vape]. I got the SI Volt with three sample packs [tobacco, fruity and minty, i forget what they call them but you will see them there] I like the Ry4 and the Watermelon and the Ice Burst so I bought the five pack in the mg level I liked and the refill bottles in the mg level I like. I refill the cartos and it has been easy.

I love my 78mm batteries and the way it looks and feels like a cigarette. I stepped up to CE3's and I put a label on them. If you are doing this for her, it only takes a few minutes to do either refills for cartos or CE3's. Just a thought for you to keep it simple.
I'm very happy your mom kicked the analogs. Tell her I'm proud of her.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Just invested in a Halo G6 starter kit and love the flavors in the pre-filled cartos. But like the option they give you with the blanks right in the kit. Makes it easier to upgrade to filling it yourself when you have the mindset its all part of the experience.

Sounds like a good simple option. Pre-filled cartos do make vaping easy!!!!

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
myfreedomsmokes.com sells pre-filled cartos in 510 threading i think they might fit the blu but dont know for sure. i don't know what flavors to reccomend i fill my own. i don't know how theirs are.

This, MFS has a bunch of different flavors and they are good. Cheaper than anywhere I've seen them too.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Wow, what a difference 5 years makes!

I started with Volts and pre-filled cartos after an online chat with Blu convinced me that their regulars would not be anywhere as good as their disposables.

I later found that I like Bloog pre-filled cartos with my Volt 78 mm even better than I like the Volt prefilled cartos, but I like both.

Then I got all fancy and wandered off into the Mod sunset, and am now considering building flashlight mods with grocery-store nimh batteries and re-building my ViVi Nova wicks to use food-grade turkey-sewing cotton. But maybe by the time 5 years have gone by I'll be sticking with something simple:unsure:

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
Taken from bluCigs Customer Service | E-cigarette Support - Question #28

blu rechargeable cartridges are available in 4 levels of nicotine strength: Full Flavored (16mg of nicotine), Light (12mg), Ultra Light (8mg) and non-nicotine (0mg). blu Disposables are only available in High (24mg).
Through the vaporization process you receive a smaller amount of nicotine compared to traditional cigarettes.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65: Warning: This product contains nicotine, a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Just seems odd to me that Blu don't even offer 24mg in their refillable's. Felt a little "bait and switch"-ish to me. I did start on the Blu disposables, and after i bought their premium kit, I went back to the disposables before looking for a proper setup.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
My Mother needs prefilled cartos, Blu are just awful but it's all that we can get locally (we are fairly rural) the blu cartos she buys here, half the time taste old and burnt right out of the box. So, I suggested to her that we start ordering online from a different company.

So... Halo, Volcano, etc.. anyone tried them or can anyone recommend something in which she might have a better experience?

Get her 78mm Volt e-cigs, and a Volt and a Bloog sampler pack of prefilled cartos. And 2 usb chargers. The Volts come in all colors, from black or white cig lookalikes to raspberry, gold, copper, whatever. Get "automatic" batteries if she wants simplicity.

http://smokelessimage.com/media/cat...ab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/batcolor_1.jpg

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Easy Battery Select - Accessories

http://bloogplanet.com/cartomizers-tobacco-sampler-5-pack.html

These brands won't go with her Blus, Blu is 510 and Volt, Bloog (from experience) and Halo (by rumor) are 808's but they are VERY consistent, so if she gets the 78's and finds 1-2 flavors she likes, she's done. (Vapers can go through brief periods of not being able to taste for a day or two unless they have 2 or more flavors AND drink a lot of water.)

My sister won't refill, but you can get sneaky and tell her YOU need to recycle her cartos. Then, whatever flavor(s) she likes the best, buy some but after awhile refill them when you get them from her to "recycle."

Last edited:

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
My favorite prefilled cartos are from Smokeless Image. I have only tried the RY4, in 12mg, and it's pretty darn tasty. They won't go on the Blu batteries *without* an adapter that costs like $3.

Better yet, convince her to grab a $20 "Volt Pack" starter kit, it comes with one full E-cig, and hands down it is superior to the Blu. (In my (everyone's) opinion.)

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com

I offered to help her get blanks and fill them, but she doesn't want to mess with it. She likes the small Blu style batteries, and doesn't want anything bigger, I can't blame her for that, I'm proud of her for kicking the analogs. Point being, she's not gonna get clearos, tanks, or bigger batteries like my eGo.

I don't want her to go back to analogs, this is the first thing she's tried in her whole life that has gotten her off them, but if we don't find some decent tasting, fresh cartos soon, I'm afraid she'll fall back.

VaporBeast sells pre-filled cartos in any of their available flavors, and all for free shipping (no matter how big or small the order is). http://www.vaporbeast.com/Flavor_Carto_Sample_p/c30.htm

I'm pretty sure they are boge cartomizers too which can be cleaned and re-used for months. I've got some that are over 6 months old running just fine, no worse for wear. I'd go for the low resistance ones by the sound of her setup. 2.0ohms.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
My favorite prefilled cartos are from Smokeless Image. I have only tried the RY4, in 12mg, and it's pretty darn tasty. They won't go on the Blu batteries *without* an adapter that costs like $3.

Better yet, convince her to grab a $20 "Volt Pack" starter kit, it comes with one full E-cig, and hands down it is superior to the Blu. (In my (everyone's) opinion.)

I appreciate the post, and I mean no offense by the following, but that's not the route I'd go personally.

First I always like to point out that Blu is owned by Lorillard, the company that makes Newport and Kent cigarettes. They are made by the servants of evil now.

The Volt is a decent cig-sized PV that performs relatively well for its diminutive size, but the fact that it requires multiple chargings a day requires you to get a PCC (personal charging case - a cigarette pack sized mobile charger that you put your ecig into when you are in between vaping spells) if you plan on taking it out all day (and definitely if you only have one Volt battery), and after all that extra expense the cartos cost more than better branded ones. Then you have something that costs as much as an ego twist setup which blows the Volt away in versatility, battery life, and vapor production. I'm not down with that. There's room for the Volt in the market, but not at that price. If you have a product that has a tiny battery then it should cost less. Instead it feels like they are just exploiting their customers' addictions. Blu and Volt are the same way in that regard. The truly sad part is, I think that Smokeless Image is owned by Altsmoke, a very decent company which is known for it's decent prices, because they are both located in the same strip mall and have the same address.

Plus the Volt has a 7 second shutoff timer (awful) and they don't tell you the mah of the batteries (which I suspect is 180mah). With only one voltage (3.6v) it has 0 versatility. It's a one trick pony. Oh and the basic starter kit is $30 (where are you getting $20 from?) and only comes with one e-cig so you'll have no backup when you go to charge it 3 or more times a day ( I go through about 900mah personally a day so it'd be over 4 times a day for me) which is very bad for people fresh off the analog stinkies. I don't like leaving my recommendations up to chance so, instead, I recommend an EGO C Twist battery which can be gotten for $20 in the 900mah size from VaporBeast (free shipping).

They also sell a 510 ecig sized PV (for $40) that comes with two of the bigger 280mah batteries in it and for free shipping on all orders (any size). It still wouldn't be as good as an EGO Twist but if one HAS to have a cig sized PV, that's the one I'd recommend. You'd still need to find a PCC for it though because that's not likely to last a chain vaping newbie all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread