4 out of 5 NEW 510 attys DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

melandchesley

Nov 7, 2009
4 out of 5 new attys are DOA. Have noticed some 510 attys I have bought come in a little white individual box, and some only come in a cellophane wrapper, individually. Anyone know the difference? The vendor of these DOA attys swears they are genuine joye 510 attys, so I don't know whats up with my luck. I just sent 2 attys back to this same vendor that were also DOA a couple months ago. These are all the individually wrapped cellophane wrapped 510 attys. Someone please help ??? A couple of them barely made a crackle, and the rest don't even do that. The ones that do crackle a tiny bit, barely have no noticable flow through them and only tiny bit of vapor. This vendor is great and will take them back for an exchange of something else, as I'm now not willing to invest in any more of these attys.

Any ideas?

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Have you contacted the seller to make sure the attys you sent back are bad?
Center contact on battery may have been compressed a little.
Would work with some attys, flaky with some, and not work with some.

and there is a thread about Genuine Joye510 attys some place in this forum (I lost it).
Seems there may be a new process/facility being used.

Rocket

Dred

Moved On
Feb 21, 2010
North Carolina
Never had a DOA atty but quality on the Joye attys does vary widely. I got away from the Joye attys due to the primer and quality issues. Use the Boge 510 now and am much happier. A little different, not quite as much of a throat hit but the vapor is more dense and flavor seems to be better. I think Joye blinked and is not the king anymore.

lisabateman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
South Carolina
Where did you get the Boge?

Can someone link me to "how to drip" info?

Is there a better cart option out there?

I'm extremely dissatisfied with my 501 attys and carts. I bought the Ego from Janty and love the battery life. But I spend more time wondering what's wrong with the device than using it with enjoyment. I sent an atty back to Janty along with a manual battery already (it's been about a week since I ordered them). The battery button got stuck on "on" and the atty just didn't do anything. I had ordered two attys from elsewhere since Janty was out of them, and they seem to be working ok. But the carts....they stink. You'd think that they could come up with a better device/part. I don't have time to play with the sticky juice when I need a "fix". I'm trying to quit smoking and, of course, I smoke more when I'm frustrated....needless to say, I'm sitting here smoking an analog.

I've already tried cutting shorter the polyfil as was recommended by some. I'm working on a PTB mod right now, worked ok for one fill, then seemed to do just as poorly (tasting kind of burnt) on the first refill. (Used the mod where you roll it, fold cylinder in half and then "fray" the exposed edges.) Don't have access to the filter foam (live in a rural area) yet.

Is there another way to vape other than getting sticky fingers and frustrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread