2 Month review & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

liscombc

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
NY
Hi ECF,

I had a few questions I wanted to ask, but I figured I would first give my review of the LT from Volcano.

*Initial Impressions

When I first got the LT I was surprised at the size of it; I thought that the LT was going to be about another 2-3 inches in length, and a little bit thicker. I was pleased that it was as small as it was, even with a tank. I was very disappointed that my LT came with marks on it. They are not scratches, but almost look like scuff marks. Furthermore, the bottom end cap, is garbage. It has a difficult time screwing in, and makes a crunching type sound.

After two months of use the silver paint is now starting to chip off of the end cap. I hate all four of the button. The three buttons that change the volts have to be the cheapest feeling buttons ever. The worst button is the fire button, it is constantly sticking, and I have to fight with it to pop back out. What I did like about the LT was that I was able to fit it in my front jean pocket with a tank on it, and the tip would only just stick out. It is very portable and easy to use when it works.

*Questions So what works well? My LT came with a 1.5 oHm cartomizer that I put in my tank, and it did not perform well at all. I purchased a 2.0, and also a 2.5 oHm. So far the 2.5 has performed the best, but it is still lacking. I tried a 3.0 oHm atty, and it seems to have worked the best. I think the problem is that the LT adjusts the volts too much. Example - at 2.0 oHm 5 volts works a lot better than 6 volts. I thought that I would get more vapor and TH at higher volts; however, I get less. So I'm wondering what you have found to work the best with the LT?

*Conclusion Would I buy the LT if I knew exactly what I would be getting? No! I would never recommend this to anybody. I think it is the cheapest, and that is why so many have bought it, but I feel that I got what I paid for - junk. Anybody that it trying to decide if they want to buy one, I would say just keep saving, have patience, and buy something made in America such as the Reo, Provari, or something from notcigs.

Keep vaping, and never give up!

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
First things first. Get some Noalox for that endcap. I don't care what mod you're using, if you're screwing something together, you need to keep it lubed and cleaned. You can also get replacement endcaps if that one is too far gone.

I'd give the fire button a cleaning with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol. Short of that, if you got it from somewhere with a long warranty, send it back.

The LT will limit you to 2.5 amps. Ergo, a 2 ohm load will not fire at greater than 5 volts. You can set it to 6, but it will only fire 5. I tend to use 2.5 - 3 ohm resistance stuff. Oh, and I'd suggest single coil cartos, not dual coils, but I don't know what you're already using.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yep, I put some 759G on the threads. Smooth as butter now.
There's nothing wrong with the endcap. It's vented with one hole and designed to blow off and expose 2 more holes if the need arises. It's metal. Does it have SB caliber machined threads? No. It cost barely half of what a SB costs.

I've had no problems with the fire button at all. If I did, I'd send it back. That's what a warranty is for.

My little buttons don't rattle, they're seated well and they stick out a uniform distance. YMMV. This is a $50 VV, don't forget.

The only flaw I've found with mine is that the LCD screen was unevenly seated in the horizontal dimension. A tiny bit of the edge of it is exposed. I'm concerned the corner of that edge could get chipped. So, I generally leave it upright when not in use.

I did a bit of research, so it does exactly what I expected it to do. When I'm in the mood to burn up LR coils, I stack a couple 3 or 3.7V batts in my BB, or use its 5V passthrough.

Had you done any research, you'd know that it's been common knowledge that the LT will limit your amperage to 2.5A.
PBusardo did a review with graphs and charts and 8X10 glossy photos on the wall with circles and arrows showing what voltages can be achieved with what resistances. If you want to vape a 1.5ohm atty at 5V, the LT is not for you. If you want a wide range of voltages, up to 5.5V or so use a 3ohm carto. If you want the entire 3-6V range, use a 4ohm carto.

My V-tube came with no carto, only an atty. If you got a 1.5ohm carto with yours, it was a dumb move by your vendor. They were probably just out of 3ohm stuff.

Yeah, if you want a $250 PV, buy a $250 PV. If you want an Escalade, don't buy a Daihatsu, neglect to avail yourself of the warranty and then complain it doesn't perform like a Cadillac. This is not a $250 PV. It's not supposed to be.

Question: Did you really expect a $250 VV for $50?

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Yep, I put some 759G on the threads. Smooth as butter now.
There's nothing wrong with the endcap. It's vented with one hole and designed to blow off and expose 2 more holes if the need arises. It's metal. Does it have SB caliber machined threads? No. It cost barely half of what a SB costs.

I've had no problems with the fire button at all. If I did, I'd send it back. That's what a warranty is for.

My little buttons don't rattle, they're seated well and they stick out a uniform distance. YMMV. This is a $50 VV, don't forget.

The only flaw I've found with mine is that the LCD screen was unevenly seated in the horizontal dimension. A tiny bit of the edge of it is exposed. I'm concerned the corner of that edge could get chipped. So, I generally leave it upright when not in use.

I did a bit of research, so it does exactly what I expected it to do. When I'm in the mood to burn up LR coils, I stack a couple 3 or 3.7V batts in my BB, or use its 5V passthrough.

Had you done any research, you'd know that it's been common knowledge that the LT will limit your amperage to 2.5A.
PBusardo did a review with graphs and charts and 8X10 glossy photos on the wall with circles and arrows showing what voltages can be achieved with what resistances. If you want to vape a 1.5ohm atty at 5V, the LT is not for you. If you want a wide range of voltages, up to 5.5V or so use a 3ohm carto. If you want the entire 3-6V range, use a 4ohm carto.

My V-tube came with no carto, only an atty. If you got a 1.5ohm carto with yours, it was a dumb move by your vendor. They were probably just out of 3ohm stuff.

Yeah, if you want a $250 PV, buy a $250 PV. If you want an Escalade, don't buy a Daihatsu, neglect to avail yourself of the warranty and then complain it doesn't perform like a Cadillac. This is not a $250 PV. It's not supposed to be.

Question: Did you really expect a $250 VV for $50?

+1

great summation!

I ordered my LT kit last night with some 3.0 ohm tank cartos. I was leaning toward the varicool but after the build it would have been more $.

excited about firing it up but no provari expectations here.

Happy Vaping

Tivo

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
only had mine 2 weeks, but very consistent use. Buttons are nice, no sticking and all as they should be. I tihink that I did get a newer production run (purchased from TW durring the YoYo) and my limiter seems a little better than busardo's. Going to get a new crew on meter to be sure though as I am using a meter hooked to an extender (a 510 tube type extender, cut open the side with a dremel, bared the wires and the meter is connected to them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread