Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I do like duel batteries for vape time. The price you pay is in carting around a bigger size device. I run a Kanger .6 single coil Subtank at 22.5 watts on a sigelei 100 Plus. Do I need a 100watt device? Likely not but it is there if and when I want to try some new builds. It is not my daily vape as it is more of a fun toy for me. My daily vape is a Mechanical mod running a seven amp fuse with a kayfun Lite clone on top.

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
Doubt if I'll do much 150-200 watt vaping but being able to push 14 volts is pretty damn impressive, heck, in a pinch, I could jump start my car with the T8.

The question is is it health wise safe? Or is there a risk of getting inoperable damage to your body. (or even cancer)

i mean there are zero studys on this field, if vaping at 150watts is even considered as safe.

I have a feeling it is safer because one is not inhaling nicotin and other stuff.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I want to upgrade from mechanical mod. I'm was going to buy a 150 watt box mod but I was wondering if I really need 150 watts. Like will I use that many? What is the pros and cons of it? And what's a good one to get? Also I have a crappy rda so what's a good one I can get for a box mod? I don't really want to spend more then $200.

Hi Thatlinkgirl and welcome to ECF :)

Well, you've had a bunch of responses already, but I thought I would add my $0.02 anyway. Will you use 150 watts? That depends on you. The majority of people on ECF vape at 7-15 watts and if you fall in that category you'll never use 150 watts. These mods have two batteries in them and some people like that for the longer battery time between charges at lower wattage, but you can get that from a Sigelei 100 too. Really, the only person who can answer this one is you.

Pros and cons. The more power (watts) you put into an atty the more vapor it makes per second. With the right rebuildable atty with the right build it can still be a cool vape at 150 watts, but it will be a lot of vapor. If you vape 200 drags a day at 15 watts or at 150 watts you'll vape a lot more juice at the higher power. I don't know anyone who vapes 150 watts all day, but some people like to have it there for when they feel like doing it for a while.

You'll need to have the right RDA. I have a $35 Mutation X RDA (authentic) which is easily capable of being set up for 150 watts but I haven't tried it that high yet. You will also need to learn how to correctly set that up for the power or you will get a hot, burnt vape.

Then there is the coil temperature limiting that the DNA40 (40 watts) and YiHi SX350J (60/120 watts) mods have. With these you should never get another burnt hit even if you run the wicks dry. That's something that you will probably appreciate at any power level. They do though require nickel or titanium wire, not Kanthal.

So, lots to think about, but there's no rush. Take your time, read some reviews, watch a few videos and think through what your priorities are :thumb:

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Should I buy car A that has a top speed of 100 MPH or Car B that has a top speed of 200 MPH.
you may not use it. I got the 150 watt. I found that usually sit at 60, soemtimes go to 75, and sometimes go to 50. Few times I went up to 150. the big deal is just... Why not? if you can have 150 watts.... you may find that that sits with your taste buds well. You may find that 102 watts is best for you.

also depends on the coil you have. I would never push 60 watts through an ohm of coil. that would be a bad time for my mouth and lungs. I could die (Not really). but... still bad news bears. just not a good time. But when I push 60 watts through my 0.27 ohm coil... its a good warm vape time that fills me with all the joy and nicotine in the world.

Sometimes, though, I like to go up to 150 watts. Just for fun .

its not bad every once in a while.

Serialk1llr

Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
IMHO if it's in your budget, get it. You don't really know what your vaping style is yet probably so buying something with that kind of potential lets you future-proof your setup a little bit.

I myself am making a SX350 mini build. Do I ever plan on vaping over 50w? Nope. Could that change some day? Possibly. Do I have the scratch laying around to buy it? Yes. So why not pull the trigger. I'm less interested in the max potential of a mod and more in the features it provides. YYMV :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread