100 watt box mod vs 150 watt box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassiusCloud

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
U.S.
I heard there is even a 250 watt either out or in the works..

I tried 50 watts and almost burnt my lips off.. lol

I like a warm vape,but that was a bit on the ,OMG are you trying to burn my brains cells off!! kind of vape..
might have been their coil though also..
Also look around,i've seen 150 watts for half that price in places..

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I love mech mods and own lots of them. I just like the way the look and enjoy building coils exactly the way I like to get the best vape. Unless I am trying something new or building something extreme for cloud chasing, my normal everyday vape that I use in most RDAs is a .21 ohm 24-gauge build. At full battery charge, this is around 85 watts.

So, if I decided to try a box mod, I would specifically look for something that will fire down to at least .2 ohm (so I don't have to rebuild RDAs just specifically for the box) and it needs to put out at least 85 watts, but I would like the ability to go a bit over that in the case that I was trying something new.

Therefore, I am sure that if I decided to acquire such a box, I would be happy with a 100 watts. OP, maybe this kind of rationale would work for your case as well.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well, have the Sigelei 100, the Cloupor T6, and the T8 on the way. Sigelei max volts is 8.5, T6 is 9.3, and T8 is 14 volts. to get the max output one still must hit a target ohm range, but the target size on the T8 is like the size of a barn, :lol: or something like that.

My take on it is, one may never need all the power available, but tis nice to have. my average vape, "sweet spot" is 60-75 watts with flurries in the low 100's. Anything over 100 is pretty fraking intense for me, getting to be a bit of a whimp in me more mature years :D

Doubt if I'll do much 150-200 watt vaping but being able to push 14 volts is pretty damn impressive, heck, in a pinch, I could jump start my car with the T8.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well, have the Sigelei 100, the Cloupor T6, and the T8 on the way. Sigelei max volts is 8.5, T6 is 9.3, and T8 is 14 volts. to get the max output one still must hit a target ohm range, but the target size on the T8 is like the size of a barn, :lol: or something like that.

My take on it is, one may never need all the power available, but tis nice to have. my average vape, "sweet spot" is 60-75 watts with flurries in the low 100's. Anything over 100 is pretty fraking intense for me, getting to be a bit of a whimp in me more mature years :D

Doubt if I'll do much 150-200 watt vaping but being able to push 14 volts is pretty damn impressive, heck, in a pinch, I could jump start my car with the T8.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

I was just looking at the Cloupor T8. I almost pulled the trigger and purchased one, but then I looked at Cloupor's website and it appears as though the maximum voltage for this is 7.6 volt and the maximum current is 20A. Therefore, even though this is a 150 watt box, if I put one of my .21 ohm atomizers on it, I would only be able to achieve 84 watts output (the same as a mech mod). In order to achieve the full 150 watts on this box, a build of .375 ohm or higher is needed.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I was just looking at the Cloupor T8. I almost pulled the trigger and purchased one, but then I looked at Cloupor's website and it appears as though the maximum voltage for this is 7.6 volt and the maximum current is 20A. Therefore, even though this is a 150 watt box, if I put one of my .21 ohm atomizers on it, I would only be able to achieve 84 watts output (the same as a mech mod). In order to achieve the full 150 watts on this box, a build of .375 ohm or higher is needed.

hmm, thinking that's got to be a miss print, when I ordered mine, their website said 14 volts, and the T6 does put out 9.3 volts and the Sigelei 100 does 8.5. But even if it's only 7.6 volts, that will still drive a 0.38 ohm build to 150, which is my target build anywho. Word from the vendor is the T8 is a superior build compared to the IPV3. Have asked him for feedback on the max voltage output, but it will become most apparent when T8 makes it to me vapebox.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Damn, quick response from my Vendor

T8 Voltage said:
Our units seem to peak higher than 7.6V. For example, at 0.93 Ohms @ 90W, my unit is reading 9V. Let me know if you have any further questions! I believe with their new firmware, you should be able to prevent the unit from going over 7.6V. That being said, we've had zero issues so far. :)

So it looks like we shall see, what will be :D

Damn, just got another email, me T8 has a tracking # and will be shipped first thing in the am. Looking like wed's or Thursday and will see how high she goes.

Last edited:

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I do 80% of my daily vaping on kayfuns because I move around at work. I'm currently using a cloupor hana clone set around 20w. I fire up my RDA at home in the evening but even then, I don't see myself needing more than 50w in this lifetime. HotRod vaping culture is getting out of hand in my opinion, although the battery life on some of these bigger box mods would be nice.

I'm giving that new yihi sx350 mini device a hard look. I'd really like to move into a smaller device that improves on the cloned dna30 chips.

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
I typically vape a Fogger V4 with a 1 ohm build @ 30 watts. I bought a Sigelei 100 watt, but more for the dual batteries than the high wattage. I did try a 0.5 ohm build on a dripper and went up to 100 watts - very hot! It's kind of a "fun place to visit, but don't want to live there" thing for me.

Thinking about getting a Cloupor T6 so that I can take advantage of 26650 RTAs like the Big Fogger or Big Buddha.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
frak, never thought I'd need more that 15 watts, and seriously thought the Provari would be the only mod needed. Never thought I'd want to wrap coils and play with different wick fibers either. Didn't think DIY juice mixing would be worthy of interest either.

Well, sadly mistaken was I. :lol: True, 100 watt vaping and higher is pretty damn intense, only break triple digits when reclined and can't fall very far. But I do break the 100's on occasion. And if your vape is too hot and intolerable at that level, well, all I can say is it is either a wicking, and/or breathing issue. Ones wick densities are off either in the coil or wick channel areas, and one doesn't have enough air flow, or a combination of both. Vape is all about Balance.

Sold my Provari back in January, rarely use a dna30 anymore, and have found the "sweet spot" :lol: 60-75 watts, with flurries into the low 100's. Today, I seriously doubt I'll need more than 150 watts, but thinking about it, frak, year ago thought 15 watts just couldn't get better. :D so, keeping an open Vape mind about it, so to speak. Skills and rba innovations are the limiting factors, or something like that.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

I have the Sigelei 150w, and a mephisto v2 with a mutation x v2 on the way. I usually keep it around 80 watts, but a lot of the time I'll put it up to 120w to get a warmer vape. I got the 150w instead of the 100w because I usually build inbetween .07-.15 ohms on mech mods, and I wanted something with similar wattage with a higher resistance. That being said, 150w is a bit excessive, but I'd rather have the extra wattage and not need it, than want it and not have it.

I do 80% of my daily vaping on kayfuns because I move around at work. I'm currently using a cloupor hana clone set around 20w. I fire up my RDA at home in the evening but even then, I don't see myself needing more than 50w in this lifetime. HotRod vaping culture is getting out of hand in my opinion, although the battery life on some of these bigger box mods would be nice.

I'm with you Viking... I'm not taxing the Sigelei 150W (if it was sentient it would probably think I was a wuss :blush:) but I do like having crazy long battery life.

astronomicals

Feb 5, 2015
Increased surface area. Faster heat up time. Its not just cranking heat into a coil. If thats what it was about it would just be a bunch of burned juice. You probably have plenty of people that ignorantly try running a mismatched subohm build on one of these devices and they think its too much. Their lack of understanding of the tech does not equate to it being unnecessary overkill. I found it easy to design some builds for the 70W-100W boxes. Once it starts getting higher than that I wonder what Id build and if it would perform better. I do agree that at a certain point its just diminishing returns (at least until new tech that utilized the power is developed). Even so, if you could wick fast enough there is a point where you dont wish to go further unless your some dedicated cloud chaser. The heat has to go somewhere. Do you want to vape 1ML in one rip? Probably possible with improved coil design and wisking, but, why try? I could care elss. I dont need to achieve that.

Last edited:

astronomicals

Feb 5, 2015
arget ohm range, but the target size on the T8 is like the size of a barn, :lol: or something like that.

My take on it is, one may never need all the power available, but tis nice to have. my average vape, "sweet spot" is 60-75

Nail on the head there. Design a coil thats almost where you want it with a mech and you have to deal with it or build another. If you design a build for a box with some wiggle room then you can adjust up and down with the wattage and fine tune it rather than having to rebuild. You may sacrifice a small amount of surface area you could have used but its will be trivial assuming the build was sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread