◄ Honest Questions About PureSmokers Future ►

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
This is slimey as ****
This isn't how manufacturing works. My father works in that industry and that's the exact opposite. The more part requests you put in the more discount you get on mass production due to a ton of variables

Here's what I think. I think you just want to ship it oversees so you can get an amazing discount and charge a little less for an overpriced peace of metal.

You can tell me all day long about spreadsheets and how it makes you sick but I'm not the kind of guy that sees something like that and not question the matter without pure evidence to back up the words

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
This is slimey as ****
This isn't how manufacturing works. My father works in that industry and that's the exact opposite. The more part requests you put in the more discount you get on mass production due to a ton of variables

Here's what I think. I think you just want to ship it oversees so you can get an amazing discount and charge a little less for an overpriced peace of metal.

You can tell me all day long about spreadsheets and how it makes you sick but I'm not the kind of guy that sees something like that and not question the matter without pure evidence to back up the words

He isn't putting in a 50000 unit order after doing a preliminary run of 500. He is ordering an additional 500 or so. Its perfectly normal for the 2nd order to go up or down depending on whether or not initial estimates were high or low. Its not large enough of an operation to compare to the typical industry standards.

Just my take.

Gibby

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
This is slimey as ****

Slimey is trashing a guy like Steve "without pure evidence to back up the words." You have no idea what you're talking about.

A lot of people on this forum have done a lot of business with Steve and KNOW from experience what kind of guy he is.

Why don't ya gopostl somewhere else?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
This is slimey as ****

you're absolutely right kgonepostl ... the protege is now being manufactured overseas, and I am buying them at $6 each and reselling them for what i am :rolleyes:

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
This is slimey as ****

Kgone- long time no see! Glad to see you're back.

dalton3699

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
I think its great that steve took the time to post a reason or excuse or whatever you would like to call it for the raise in price. Most businesses wont even explain a rise in price. Personally i paid the lesser price for the protege and would gladly pay the latter of the two. I was honestly surprised at the price of the protege when i initially saw it(89.99). This being said if you dont like the price its simple ---DONT buy IT!!!
Fancy flashlight or what have you... seems to me peeps are just jealous they cant market a flashlight for that kind of dough... LOL

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
This is slimey as ****

I guess it's time to say this again. He has the right to price them anyway he wants. The marketplace will tell him if he got it right or wrong.

Personally I think there must be other machine shops around that would bid on the job based on the specs.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
He isn't putting in a 50000 unit order after doing a preliminary run of 500. He is ordering an additional 500 or so. Its perfectly normal for the 2nd order to go up or down depending on whether or not initial estimates were high or low. Its not large enough of an operation to compare to the typical industry standards.

Just my take.

Gibby

That's perfectly logical. However, we don't really know how much units they shipped. That's really up to steve to tell and up to us to assume.

Slimey is trashing a guy like Steve "without pure evidence to back up the words." You have no idea what you're talking about.

A lot of people on this forum have done a lot of business with Steve and KNOW from experience what kind of guy he is.

Why don't ya gopostl somewhere else?

I've spent over 300 dollars at their webstore. I assure you in my past 5 months of e-smoking I gave up on my last order when I had to wait forever because of in my opinion money hurdling and lack there of customer care only two weeks after receive something priority mail that I didn't even order. It's always been a god aweful experience. Yes I am biased but I would do this for anybody else. I'm not evil. I'm just honest

I guess it's time to say this again. He has the right to price them anyway he wants. The marketplace will tell him if he got it right or wrong.

Personally I think there must be other machine shops around that would bid on the job based on the specs.

These are extremely easy to build devices. Other e-smoking vendors now recognize that this is 7th grade technology (literally) and starting to make the same exact device that do the same exact thing for way less.

It would be wrong of me to advertise and I won't but if you search on the forums, get your bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
That's perfectly logical. However, we don't really know how much units they shipped. That's really up to steve to tell and up to us to assume.

I've spent over 300 dollars at their webstore. I assure you in my past 5 months of e-smoking I gave up on my last order when I had to wait forever because of in my opinion money hurdling and lack there of customer care only two weeks after receive something priority mail that I didn't even order. It's always been a god aweful experience. Yes I am biased but I would do this for anybody else. I'm not evil. I'm just honest

These are extremely easy to build devices. Other e-smoking vendors now recognize that this is 7th grade technology (literally) and starting to make the same exact device that do the same exact thing for way less.

It would be wrong of me to advertise and I won't but if you search on the forums, get your bang for your buck.

haha, this guy is still around with his vendetta i see.

yeah, extremely easy to build? so put up or shut up.

i haven't seen anyone selling "the exact same device" for way less.

kgone, if your "business model" works, go try it. make a device and sell it cheaper ok?

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina

You seem not to have a sense of the precision involved to get the most out of a device.

I have but not to look for a bang for a buck. Money is not an issue for me.

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Steve,

I have not read the thread, only the opening post, so if information has been updated, I am not aware. As to your opening comments, I will gladly pay for the quality you provide and it is a bonus to me that you are manufacturing in the US. I love my protege and will pay the higher price for a backup unit.

I can't speak to the prodigy or PT. I own them both, but LOVE the protege. It is just the right size/feel for my small hands.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
haha, this guy is still around with his vendetta i see.

yeah, extremely easy to build? so put up or shut up.

i haven't seen anyone selling "the exact same device" for way less.

kgone, if your "business model" works, go try it. make a device and sell it cheaper ok?

Put up or shut up?
Moderators? Will I be kicked for posting what I know as long as it's relevant to the conversation?

Once approved I'll "put up". You ask, I'll supply.

You seem not to have a sense of the precision involved to get the most out of a device.

I have but not to look for a bang for a buck. Money is not an issue for me.

I don't know if I mentioned this in my previous post but I think I did. My dad works in this industry and growing up I worked within the same industry. He currently works for precision tech and I'm a fill in when I'm in the area.

I literally make these parts so I do know the precision. They have to be finite I agree but there's only human check when the machines throw out efficiency errors and have to be measured by hand tools, which I assure you is no fun to measure the exact diameter to a near nanometer with a "good" and "bad" pile.

Moneys not an issue right now with me either and I understand to a certain extent why someone would do this. However, this is some slimey **** and from what I know the numbers don't add up. I work/work in the same industrys, technology and industry, so why you guys are doubting what I'm trying to convey to you is just mind boggling.

Last edited:

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
kgone--

I take it back. Stick around and gopostl here all ya want. Great entertainment! ;-)

You guys killed meh buzz

Some of you made some good posts though. It's true, competition will decide the winner in the end. With the simplicity of the process and the design it's definitely fair to say that they'll lose if they don't cut it drastically.

Something you should know is that with every forum being the nay sayer you just get castrated for speaking the truth if people don't want to hear it. Than everybody flips a nut when they realize it's true. Same song and dance. I can't say the best part is when I see them 5 months down the line infuriated. I always try to help. It's the way of the intelligent. You can't speak to deaf ears, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink.

If anybody's interested in how this stuff works and a cheaper better looking one (about 30-40 dollars cheaper or probably more) hit me up with a pm and I'll explain it.

You asked for the truth right? So why the heavy forum backing on the importance of American labor when in all reality your giving away those jobs now. the needs to keep it American and how it 'takes a dent out of my wallet but it's something that puresmoker believes in'

Your main selling point when you announced these devices and the justification of the price is that it's "built in the usa" with a strong point on our economy and the difficulties of transferring oversees. So be a man and stick to your guns or your just being without a better word "liar"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread