Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Everyone!

Just a quick Note ...

Protege's and USBpass' V2's: IN STOCK and SHIPPING SAME DAY!

Protege Mechanical Switches: Will be available for Preorder tomorrow -- They are listed just above cost for those that already own a Protege and want to upgrade. They will carry a life time warranty - $19.99 - They will be $19.99 for roughly 1-2 weeks, then will go up to the standard $24.99 - $29.99, so get them while they are hott :)

Protege USB Extensions -- Turning your Protege In to a USB PT -- Will be available for Preorder tomorrow as well. We urge you to use the Electrical Protege Switch -- Not the mechanical, as we would hate to see your Motherboard fry from a Mechanical switch Failing :D These will carry either a 3 or 6 month warranty.

Prodigy V2:
Final Revisions are underway, and an official announcement will be made within 5-7 days, with Pre-Ordering opening up. 1 Thing I can tell you is that the Prodigy V2 will offer a lifetime warranty (minus cross threading issues -- those drive me nuts)

PureSmoker Ace:
More Units are coming in, including 350mAh manual batteries. More Atomz (including even more flavors) are due in as well. We still have plenty in stock, and kits always start at $29.99

CaSH ejuice: More due in next week. LOTS I should say ... Including about 4-5 new flavors, including an even better Menthol flavor added.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
LOL ... your 5v doesn't suck monk ... you just need to build yourself a mechanical switch!!!! LOL ... touche senor!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! hey now... lol i'll build a switch alright... i need to figure out that show stopper peice i was talking about... no solder allowed and looks like it belongs in the game Myst.... o(o.0)o

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
ok, i must say...Monk, you seem to be the big inspiration for this switch, so thank you. i went back and read the other thread about this, because i'm pretty clueless on this sort of thing...and it sounds like the new switch will perform better and allow a tad more voltage, so all in all...great.

mind you...i've NEVER had one issue with my Protege since day 1 and i was in the first shipment, maybe i just lucked out, but i'll be grabbing one of these switches for sure.

heck maybe i will even get the USB extension as well.

hmm....Steve...big question for you my friend, would it be better to make two separate orders for each of these items since we would risk waiting for one or the other if they were to ship together?

wait i think i answered that myself. ;)

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
So will there not be a "mechanical Switch" for the original Prodigy?
I don't have a problem with what I have but it'd be nice to have the larger amp draw and (expected) reliability of the new switch.

Also, (asked in another thread - unanswered)
If the Atomz are ordered in 0mg nic do they still contain PG? Do we know?

Are all future (beginning now) Protege's shipping with this new switch?
*if so maybe we could make the entire tact switch assemblies available to those wanting to use the PPT (Protege Pass Thru)*

------------ Last One ------------​

Does the Ace Case have the PS logo on the outside/top/back?

Happy Thanksgiving to all the PS and ECF family
------------ Or if you prefer ------------
*Feliz Dia De Accion De Gracias*

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Great news Steve. :thumb:

Why are you not recommending the mechanical switches for the passthrough option? Seems like a "stuck on" or shorted electrical switch would cause the same problems, which is on of the reasons I'll be using a wall plug USB port anyways.

Also, whatever happened to the kr808 adapters?

Last edited:

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Sorry for Sounding ignorant...But what exactly is a mechanical switch? I have a protege,but i have no problems at all with my switch,works great...So i guess the question is...What is it? And do i need one?(mechanical switch)
Thanks...
yes, haha its a more dependable switch with a lifetime warranty

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
Sorry for Sounding ignorant...But what exactly is a mechanical switch? I have a protege,but i have no problems at all with my switch,works great...So i guess the question is...What is it? And do i need one?(mechanical switch)
Thanks...

I am curious about that also.

Another question I have is how does the Protege convert to a PT? I can't get a sense from the picture posted for the USB Adapter. Is this an actual picture of the adaper (where is the cord)?

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Can someone please tell me what a mechanical switch would do for the Protege?

I have had mine for a week and not following what this would do.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Its a more dependable switch, that carries a lifetime warranty. The current switches have had some issues. The new switch is not supposed to fail as much, and should allow more current through as well, although i am not sure how much more current.

Rather than being soldered wires within the switch housing, there are metal rods i think. The switch pushes another piece of metal down connecting the 2 metal rods, which in turn allows current to pass. being that the pieces are solid metal, its a lot less likely to break. I am kinda just guessing though, but i think i am right, haha.

The Protege USB PT converter, or whatever they are calling it, is said to be about half the price of a PT. It inserts into the bottom of your protege and turns it into a PT. The cord is at the bottom of the insert. I am not sure if he is going to make it a long cord with a male end, or a short cord with a female end. Steve would have to answer that.

Hope that helped.

Edit: You insert the converter into the battery housing screw it on, and you are done, instant Protege -> PT TRANSFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gibby

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
ok, i must say...Monk, you seem to be the big inspiration for this switch, so thank you. i went back and read the other thread about this, because i'm pretty clueless on this sort of thing...and it sounds like the new switch will perform better and allow a tad more voltage, so all in all...great.

mind you...i've NEVER had one issue with my Protege since day 1 and i was in the first shipment, maybe i just lucked out, but i'll be grabbing one of these switches for sure.

heck maybe i will even get the USB extension as well.

hmm....Steve...big question for you my friend, would it be better to make two separate orders for each of these items since we would risk waiting for one or the other if they were to ship together?

wait i think i answered that myself. ;)

Its up to you Flitz ... I would assume switches would be done a few days before USB Extensions...

So will there not be a "mechanical Switch" for the original Prodigy?
I don't have a problem with what I have but it'd be nice to have the larger amp draw and (expected) reliability of the new switch.
A: At this point, It isn't our first Priority Brock. I'm not entirely sure how popular this switch would be on the Prodigy, thus having the mold made just for a few switches, may not be that cost effective. The New Prodigy will carry the new mechanical switch, but the switch will also be roughly the length of the Protege switch (1/2" shorter) I'm still pondering this Brock.

Also, (asked in another thread - unanswered)
If the Atomz are ordered in 0mg nic do they still contain PG? Do we know?
A: I would assume so Brock. The flavor has to be suspended in something, so I can only assume PG, not VG.

Are all future (beginning now) Protege's shipping with this new switch?
*if so maybe we could make the entire tact switch assemblies available to those wanting to use the PPT (Protege Pass Thru)*
A: Not at this point. They will still be shipping with standard Tact Switches ... They can upgrade to the mechanical if they'd like. On the next run, we will ship exclusively with the mechanical switch and make the tact switches available for the use of the *PPT* as you like to call it :)

------------ Last One ------------​

Does the Ace Case have the PS logo on the outside/top/back?
A: No, it doesn't. Just plain black. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the PS and ECF family
------------ Or if you prefer ------------
*Feliz Dia De Accion De Gracias*

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours as well Brock!

See Red Brock

Cash, any 'feel' for delivery time on the new Proto all-monk-mechanical switches?

Hoping the first batch starts shipping by the end of next week, that is, if all our stars are aligned ;) Haha ... I am putting a 2-3 week time window in there, but I'm hoping it will be sooner this time around instead of later.

Great news Steve. :thumb:

Why are you not recommending the mechanical switches for the passthrough option? Seems like a "stuck on" or shorted electrical switch would cause the same problems, which is on of the reasons I'll be using a wall plug USB port anyways.

Also, whatever happened to the kr808 adapters?

Hey Lotus ... Recommending it, because the leads within the tact switch are so frail, most the time, when they pop, they simply don't work, and the unit CAN'T be shorted, atleast in the USB World. I don't want to see a mechanical switch fuze and an atty or adapter shorting the unit, because there will be no stopping it.

808 Adapters are still coming ... :) The entire Protege and USB Pass Run is completely -- The Protege 808 adapters will be an add on to the next Prodigy Run. 808 Adapters will be available for both the Protege and Prodigy V2 (and USBpass for that matter) :)

Will any V1 Prodigy switches be available so I could get both a Protege and Prodigy mechanical switch at once? ( I know it was mentioned that the v1 would have one available I think)

Hey Wench, they will for sure NOT be available at the same time. I'm still pondering on making a mechanical switch for the V1.

Thanks...

Hey redrhino ... Mechanical Switch = No solder joints, no tact switch. Yes, it will offer a better warranty, and will be quite dependable. Seeing as you have no issues with your current switch (like most of our clients) there really is no need for you to upgrade. You could always purchase one as a backup, or use the mechanical one as your main stay and the tact switch as your backup.

I am curious about that also.

Another question I have is how does the Protege convert to a PT? I can't get a sense from the picture posted for the USB Adapter. Is this an actual picture of the adaper (where is the cord)?

This is the USB Extensioin Mpet ... Picture your protege on the left, and the extension that slides in to the tube and you screw in! Waalaa -- USB PT :)

USBExtForProtege2.jpg

Can someone please tell me what a mechanical switch would do for the Protege?

I have had mine for a week and not following what this would do.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey Tcip -- Again, its just an upgrade. Most of our clients have never had an issue with their Protege switch, but several have. You can either upgrade to the mechanical switch, purchase one as a backup in case your switch fails, or just have faith in the one you have and not worry about it :) The choice is yours! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread