Update on all things WTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
I made a post a couple weeks back about the upcoming ramp up in WTA production at Aroma, and I've got more good news on that front.

I've been busy testing some new production changes and the results are highly encouraging. These changes aren't trivial, they blow the top off of the production bottlenecks that have existed in the past.

Here's the bottom line: More WTA and better WTA. The more part is obvious, you'll be able to get what you want when you want it. The better part is pretty exciting, especially in relation to the 24 mg unflavored WTA. Up until now, the demands of production meant that Jerry's WTA was pretty good stuff, but not as good as the stuff I've made. Hittman can tell you about my WTA... he drools just thinking about it. Going forward, I expect the quality of Jerry's WTA to be every bit as good as the WTA I've been making.

Now that Jerry is done playing with his airplanes and is back in the lab (You'd better be back in the lab, Jerry!), I'm bringing him up to speed on the changes that will see the WTA rolling out like never before. What you can expect is to see Jerry's flavored WTA liquids selling out far less often, and also you should also expect to see the availability of 24 mg unflavored WTA exclusive liquid become much more regular.

If you're wondering about the possibility of getting unflavored WTA at levels higher than 24 mg, this has been given a lot of consideration. Currently, Jerry isn't comfortable with the idea of levels higher than 24 mg since the possibility is too great that some folks will want to vape these higher levels straight. Know that 24 mg is pretty potent stuff and WTA gets downright overpowering at levels higher than 24 mg. I fully support Jerry's decision to limit WTA strength to 24 mg.

Anyway, now that I've made all these wonderful promises, all that's left is for Jerry to get into the lab, roll up his sleeves, and get to work!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
That's great news!
One thing I have always valued about Jerry's approach to making and selling WTA eliquid is his commitment to safety and consistency. You already go pretty far out on a limb doing it at all, much less handing over 36mg (or 100!) to a clientele who demonstrably can exceed the limits of common sense.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Now that Jerry is done playing with his airplanes and is back in the lab (You'd better be back in the lab, Jerry!), I'm bringing him up to speed on the changes that will see the WTA rolling out like never before. What you can expect is to see Jerry's flavored WTA liquids selling out far less often, and also you should also expect to see the availability of 24 mg unflavored WTA exclusive liquid become much more regular.

If you're wondering about the possibility of getting unflavored WTA at levels higher than 24 mg, this has been given a lot of consideration. Currently, Jerry isn't comfortable with the idea of levels higher than 24 mg since the possibility is too great that some folks will want to vape these higher levels straight. Know that 24 mg is pretty potent stuff and WTA gets downright overpowering at levels higher than 24 mg. I fully support Jerry's decision to limit WTA strength to 24 mg.

Anyway, now that I've made all these wonderful promises, all that's left is for Jerry to get into the lab, roll up his sleeves, and get to work!

Dvap,

Yes I'm done playing with airplanes and I'm so excited to get back into the lab. I was in the lab till midnight and can't wait to get back there after I catch a few zzz's. I have more WTA that will be released maybe this weekend (if I can find some more glass bottles).

I'm tempted to offer higher WTA but I'm on the fence with the strength of our current WTA. Of course I'm not the nic police but I do have a responsibility to community. There are only a few people like Tropical Bob and I think new users may underestimate the strength of 24 MG's.

Nonetheless, I will discuss with with Dvap and a few respected members in the community to see if any changes will be made.

We have another chemist on board and she is a pro. Dr. Heidi holds a PhD in Chemisty and has a background in medicinal chemistry and even helped developed and patent a new drug used for cancer treatment. However all the accolades need to be given to my mentor and creator DVAP. Without him we would still be in the dark ages with eliquids.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    This is great news. I think you might have been thinking of me when you said some might vape the higher strength wta straight. You are right. I would. However, I understand the concerns involved in offering it to the public in higher than 24mg and support that decision. You have to take into consideration what is safe for most rather than what a select few might want.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2013
    rounding third and heading home...
    This is great news. I think you might have been thinking of me when you said some might vape the higher strength wta straight. You are right. I would. However, I understand the concerns involved in offering it to the public in higher than 24mg and support that decision. You have to take into consideration what is safe for most rather than what a select few might want.

why are you debating strength when there is still a "not available" showing. i'd vape 36mg easily if it were for sale. you didn't think tropical bob was the only person like that, did you? i'll bet there are more than you think......

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    If I remember correctly, it kicked even Bob's ..... I believe he had to go have himself a lay-down.

I remember that. I kinda chuckled to myself when he posted that. You were finally the one to find something to put down the great beast.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    www.aromaejuice.com
    I have been personally testing unflavored WTA at a strength higher then 36 MG and I took one toot and fell asleep for about 1-2 hours.

I tried to vape that throughout the whole day and have to say I was horizontal all day on the couch.

I really think higher doses are not for the masses and if someone was new to ecigs trying this for the first time it seems to me that is would not give the user the intended experience.

I can't speak for others but when I smoked analogs cigs I did not smoke them to fall asleep and be unconscious.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Exactly! When I used Dvap's 30mg as my only vape for a couple weeks a long time ago, I got to the point that I was too relaxed. I could do the stronger stuff for cravings and a few vapes throughout the day but wouldn't vape it all day long every day.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Good morning DVap, you've been busy these past few years.
    S'pose this ol' bag o' bones will need to give the current version of WTA a shot. I'd imagine it's somewhat different from the batch I tried out in..... 2010 was it?

Later (-:

OMG. Hello, old man!

It was more like 2009. I recall that wasn't my best batch ever either...

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    he-he
    2009, 2010.... something like that.

So yeah, I came back full circle cigs to vape to snus and snuff to a pipe...... and cigs and now I'm back vaping again!
    I've seen a few vendors with WTA liquids now and to think, you who started the ball rolling well, LOL, I knew you "when"! (-:

So to both you and radiokaos, Good Show!!

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    I've seen posts where people have the *expectation* that WTA should put them out of their gourds, or that a measure of the quality of WTA is how profound of a lobotomy it provides.

Some of the things vapers do makes me think vaping kills brain cells.

My impressions are sometimes all over the map since different situations can affect my subjective experience with WTA.

Generally speaking, if I were to assign labels such as low, medium, high, and extra high to WTA, I would tend toward the following:

6 mg - low
    12 mg - medium
    18 mg - high
    24 mg - extra high

The experience of unflavored WTA (unflavored being a misnomer, as WTA definitely has a flavor), I would describe like this:

6 mg - muted
    12 mg - tame
    18 mg - strong
    24 mg - assertive
    30 mg - overpowering

To put in in perspective, voltage and atty resistance do affect the overall experience. I should define my own typical situation: 2 ohms, 4.5 volts, in other words, 10 watts.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW

6 mg - low
    12 mg - medium
    18 mg - high
    24 mg - extra high

The experience of unflavored WTA (unflavored being a misnomer, as WTA definitely has a flavor), I would describe like this:

6 mg - muted
    12 mg - tame
    18 mg - strong
    24 mg - assertive
    30 mg - overpowering

What is it, in a laymans nutshell, that makes 24mg of WTA so much more potent then 24mg of any other liquid?
    The alkaloids allow for more efficient nicotine uptake or......?

I started back in with 24mg a little over a month ago and within 3 weeks I'm back up to 36mg to maintain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread