Wicking tips for rm2 : having little trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Thx zmauls for taking time to explain what i was asking for ! And awesome calulator link you posted

Thanks for further expanding details of your build - very much helpful and great idea for not having to drill another airhole.

Just in last week learned the importance of airflow and your vape. The dumbest thing i ever did since i have two reos n two rm2s was to drill the airhole out slightly on one "for more vapor" was my reasoning-ugggha-Not sure the dimensions but OMG this airy vape is just horrible to me. Before doing this i never realized i was a warm vapor strong throat and i like to draw into my mouth then my lungs. I always just did this automatic and never thought about as i disappeared from the rooms for a long time after i got my reo, a carto i liked and juice i liked. Now i guess i have to buy a new top- sure wish there was fire ......ant molding clay to fill it in. I hope rob can get those air flow adjustable rings going. I know he is working hard on them. Then ya can adjust airhole to your build as well as personal preferences - that will be Awesome ! Airflow is so huge to the build and vape you want.

I wonder if airhole i have now will be good and with a dual coil build give back that heat n denseness i love? I just dont have a damn ohm reader yet!!!!! One day i will look back on this and see what a nut i was

Thx everyone for sharing there tips and wicking advice !

I wanna see that "e" tomorrow raynam !

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I forgot I had an mnke battery - it's a flat top which sucks but I should be good on that front - it's just whether or not I should guesstimate on dual ohms ...... I think I mite have to - what cld go wrong !!!! Lol. / both builds rock !

Thinking of rayn's e. That might nit be a bad idea actually. Show us pics and your reasoning behind.

I learned late in life to give anybody and anything a try (unless you just know/believe it to be wrong or dangerous etc).

Get good nights rest: me and papa wanna see some e wicks before i blow some plumes with those dual setups of which ill take complete credit for if anyone asks :)

Last edited:

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Thx zmauls for taking time to explain what i was asking for ! And awesome calulator link you posted

Thanks for further expanding details of your build - very much helpful and great idea for not having to drill another airhole.

Just in last week learned the importance of airflow and your vape. The dumbest thing i ever did since i have two reos n two rm2s was to drill the airhole out slightly on one "for more vapor" was my reasoning-ugggha-Not sure the dimensions but OMG this airy vape is just horrible to me. Before doing this i never realized i was a warm vapor strong throat and i like to draw into my mouth then my lungs. I always just did this automatic and never thought about as i disappeared from the rooms for a long time after i got my reo, a carto i liked and juice i liked. Now i guess i have to buy a new top- sure wish there was fire ......ant molding clay to fill it in. I hope rob can get those air flow adjustable rings going. I know he is working hard on them. Then ya can adjust airhole to your build as well as personal preferences - that will be Awesome ! Airflow is so huge to the build and vape you want.

I wonder if airhole i have now will be good and with a dual coil build give back that heat n denseness i love? I just dont have a damn ohm reader yet!!!!! One day i will look back on this and see what a nut i was

If you think your air hole is too big, you can make an AFC ring out of copper. All you need is a piece of 3/4" copper piping. It cost me about 29¢ at the hardware store.

Just drill holes into it (1/16", 3/32", etc) a few millimeters apart, then cut out about an 1/8" portion so you can fit it around your RM2. It's ugly, but it's functional.

3D1PwXpl.jpg

Also, in response to everyone else, I have both sides of my RM2 cap drilled out to 1/8". I am also running a 0.26Ω coil. They call me the madman for a reason, you know...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
I find that one and a half inches of Aunt Lydia's number ten size natural bamboo works even better than cotton. Fold it into the shape of a lower case "e" pull through from the middle with a piece of wire. This is like six threads of bamboo through a 1/16 micro coil. Bamboo absorbs better than cotton and tastes better if you forget to squonk. It can be sourced from Walmart dot com and costs $2.49 for 300 feet. That should be enough for about 2,400 wicks. YMMV. Also be aware on the site when I ordered it shows a 300 foot roll of bamboo and says it is 3 feet. When delivered it was the 300 foot roll.

I gotta try this out. Wal-Mart kills you with an $8 shipping charge.

I just grabbed a roll from Knitting-warehouse dot com for $4.88 total. Can't wait.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Do people leave the cotton that goes inside the coil fluffy and natural cotton ball state or the twist it a little to make semi dense ? Last thing was going to experiment on some nano or super nano coils. Do you wick those through the coil or do you have like a cotton cloud around the outside of it ?

You kinda have to twist it to get it through. Once it gets wet, it expands and fluffs out a bit. And yes, your wattage estimate is correct. I vape 4mg of nicotine. I would probably cough up blood if I tried anything over 10mg on my build.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA

I use foil tape to block/resize air hole for other RDAs. If I am doing a single coil on dual hole topper, I just tape the other hole. Works pretty well and stands up to heat very well. Something similar to this.
Scotch Aluminum Foil Tape 3311 Silver, 2 in x 10 yd 3.6 mil (Pack of 1): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

One thing to keep in mind about larger air hole. Your vapor intake will increase, creating higher TH. So, you might have to lower the nic level on the juice.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
When you do the doil coil - how the heck do you get the exact same resistances on both wires.... Same gauge, wrapped on same tool, with same amount of coils n tension lol --- what is tolerance ya think can one be a .7 and one a .8 or .9 ??? I read that it was dangerous if they are not the same --- sure wish i knew WHY they have to be exact same.... The journey continues

Total resistance is based on the length of the wire. One way to ensure both coils have similar resistance is to mark the wires with same length before wrapping and cutting. As long as lengths are same, the resistance will be same.
Even with practice, I had coils with one too many or too little wraps. And uneven dual coil is the worse. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread