Vapingzone.com - selling products they do not recommend or stand behind. service critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflogsdrawkcab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Denver
I really really really wanted to get a lower end VV PV as my first venture into VV vaping, so i was looking into the eGo-V6 and decided that was my unit. I signed up for another vendor's email me when back in stock and when they emailed last week they were out of the batteries for the unit. bummer, but I wanted to get everything in one order and I am no good at waiting for things, so I started searching around the net to see who else might have the PV with kit, or at least had the batteries instock so I could power this lil gem when I got it.

First off, I should say that Vapingzone's site was easy to navigate and they were quick to ship my order, and I appreciate both of those things. Vapingzone was selling the eGo-V6 in a manufacturer kit with 4 batteries, charger and 2 CE6 tanks.

the package was received within 3 days, quick shipping! there was no problem up to this point and I was very happy. I opened the package, charged the batteries and took out one of the new tanks to break the V6 in. Right off, I noticed that the tanks, both of them, had cracks along the base of the plastic. When I filled the first tank, I have only filled 1 and wont fill the other, it began a slow leak from the largest of the cracks. total bummer, juice on the PV, on my hand.. it turned in to a very messy endeavor. the V6 itself is a rocking unit, a big step up from my eGo650s, once i get my new sub tanks ill be able to use the damn thing.....

Anyways, I thought I should see if I could return the tanks, or see what Vapingzone might do for the bad QC in the product they sold me. Here is the email string..

Monday, June 04, 2012 3:20 PM

Hey VapingZone!

Happy Monday! I did receive my eGo-V6 on friday night, whoa! this is a
great unit! I was a little disappointed with the included tanks. Right out
of the box, both show cracks at the base, where the plastic goes over the
metal bottom. I have only used 1 tank so far and its starting to leak from
the cracks, bummer. what is the replacement policy on these? or is there a
way to return them free of charge for some credit or something?

Thanks,

(I was told that it is a violation of ECF policy to put in word for word what the vendor wrote me.)

to paraphrase, VapingZone didnt care and told me that I basically got the clearos for free with the kit...

Monday, June 04, 2012 7:13 PM

VapingZone will do nothing to address the quality of the pieces in a kit
from their site? Im sure you have recourse with the manufacturer, credit or
replacement parts (thats all im looking for) and its not like I am asking
for something i got for free, the price of the clearos was included in the
price of the kit..its not like you offered the unit without the clearos.. i
have to admit, thats not very good service and I am kind of shocked by the
response!

live and learn I guess, i should have just waited for (OTHER VENDOR) to get the IMR
batteries back in stock! ha!

I was hoping to post on ECF about your great service for taking care of
this, but I guess i will have to go the other direction.

Thanks for nothing!

Michael

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:21 PM

(I was told that it is a violation of ECF policy to put in word for word what the vendor wrote me.)

Vapingzone caustically pointed out that their warranty was explicit on clearos and tried to tell me their kit was cheaper than the other vendor's..

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:03 AM

its very clear that your warranty is company centric and not customer focused. the batteries that (OTHER VENDOR) is selling are AW IMRs, and the charger is either a trustfire or xtar mp2, both products are of superior quality to the items included in the kit i received...obviously (OTHER VENDOR) didnt want to deal with this exact type of complaint and broke the kits they were selling or opted not to purchase the full kit with the CE6 tanks..

smart on their part..

The old adage that the customer is always right does have some validity. think of it this way... a gesture on VapingZone's part, acknowledging the issue with an apology, owning the situation and making some good faith refund/credit would have guaranteed your company a repeat customer. but instead, regardless of your response to this email - you have lost a potential customer with plenty of expendable income...

hopefully you will think about your prickly and non-customer service strategy so future potential customers wont be left feeling how i do about VapingZone... one and done...

and thats how it ended. I really didnt expect to receive a response, and I was right. Before I made the switch to nonprofit work in 09, I was a customer service contact center manager for 10 years, for a huge .com business and I can assure you that if any of my CS reps had spoke to a customer in such a blunt and non caring way - they would have self selected for early retirement. we did not and would not accept that type of service for our customers, period.. I know roughly what this kit costs though Alibaba and I know that Vapingzone is making a good % on their resale mark up...they could have made this right, if they wished to...

It is unfortunate that in a market where people are trying to stop a deadly activity, smoking, and do something for the betterment of their lives there are always people out there trying to make a buck and take advantage of the new market... When I decided to quit smoking, I was, and still am, willing to pay damn near anything to accomplish the goal I have set. It makes me a sad panda to think the vaping world means nothing to VapingZone except revenue....:glare:

updated: I edited out the actual response emails from Vapingzone as it was pointed out to me that it was a violation of ECF policy. I dont want to upset anyone on ECF, as this was not their doing, so I paraphrased VapingZone's responses above. If there is any question if I paraphrased correctly, feel free to contact me in private and ill share what they said...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread