[Resolved] GotVapes Rude Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
I order from Gotvapes. I understand their RMA policy. They sell other manufacturers products so if you receive an item that is defective it is not directly their fault so you pay to send it back and they send you a replacement. I don't think this is a great policy and I deal with many other vendors who handle these situations in a manner much fairer to the customer but the point is that I do understand that before I place an order.

When you are mis-shipped an item - meaning you were sent a different item than what you were ordered then the accountability is solely on the vendor and they have a responsibility to correct the error in a way that is not a further inconvenience to the customer. This type of error is not a customer return issue - it is a vendor mis-ship which is a separate issue outside of the RMA policy.

I received an incorrect product on my last shipment - a $10 item. I sent a polite message through the support ticket system informing them of the error.

I received a reply to ship the item back and then they would send the correct item and give a store credit for the shipping cost.

I sent back a reply requesting the correct item be sent with a return label so I could send back the incorrect one. I don't see this as being unreasonable under the circumstances - I worked in retail distribution for over 12 years and this is the way things are handled so that the customer is not further inconvenienced.

The reply I got back I consider rude, ignorant, unprofessional. Customer Service using the terminology "I don't care" to a customer is unacceptable. Also telling me I'm the only one who has a problem with it is downright degrading and insulting - and yes I do take offense.

This is the response I received:

Date:09-22-2012 12:47:16
Name:------
----, we do hundreds of orders a day, mistakes happen. We are not setup for nor do we do return label. We do exchange on it. No one else has had a problem when this has happened and that is not very often. Now, I don't care what your original shipping was. We ask that you send it back first class and we will ship replacement to you. In most case's 1st class is faster than priority. Generally Delivery is with in 2-3days.

Thank You,
----- -(--- on ECF)

Note to GotVapes - your customer service and fulfillment operations need an overhaul.

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
Update:

GotVapes management has fully resolved this issue to my satisfaction.

I am thankful and do appreciate and recognize their commitment to providing quality products and services to their customers.

From a customers perspective we do understand that mistakes are made - none of us are exempt from this law. When our realistic expectations of proper resolution and treatment as a customer are not aligned with the core principals of the company that we are doing business we do tend to feel violated in that regard.

Good companies do acknowledge and take responsibility when an error has been made on their part and GotVapes response to this issue has demonstrated their exemplary commitment to upholding their standards.

Moderators please mark this thread as resolved.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread