Status
Not open for further replies.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
how prominent is the tobacco part becoming? This sounds delicious, as long as that tobacco doesn't start getting really intense..

Re: Castle Short - I haven't tried it again since the FOOB test, but the tobacco really didn't seem like a major component AT ALL. In my opinion, it was only there to substitute for the oak-barrel. Sniff test says no way it's getting past the bourbon and coconut.

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
I have to say that I am really surprised by the quality of Slim's juices. I am not easy to please at all, and after hundreds of dollars wasted to different experiments, I had settled with Halo and 5P every once in a while, but I don't even like all of their flavors. Most of the time it's Prime15, less Tribeca and about as much Captain Jack. From the other one - Castle Long and Gambit.
I ordered Castle Short, Badger Grease and Snake Blood from Slim's, and to be honest with you, I expected the bottles to either sit on my shelf after tasting, or to take a flight to the trash can. I WAS WRONG. Slim's is surprisingly, almost shockingly good, given the price. They also sent me a few samples, so I tasted Drunken Turtle and it is great! Wow.
Now I only wish I can find his clone of Prime15, if it exists... It will save me over 50% in vaping expenses going forward.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Now I only wish I can find his clone of Prime15, if it exists...

Sounds like you need a sample pack from Slim's tobacco section! I found my Applewood Tobacco there, and that's really all I need in that category. But so many others look interesting and well-reviewed. I wonder if he takes requests....

Good to hear that it's not just the easy-types like me that can find pleasing good values here.

Reactions: fogmust

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I have to say that I am really surprised by the quality of Slim's juices. I am not easy to please at all, and after hundreds of dollars wasted to different experiments, I had settled with Halo and 5P every once in a while, but I don't even like all of their flavors. Most of the time it's Prime15, less Tribeca and about as much Captain Jack. From the other one - Castle Long and Gambit.
I ordered Castle Short, Badger Grease and Snake Blood from Slim's, and to be honest with you, I expected the bottles to either sit on my shelf after tasting, or to take a flight to the trash can. I WAS WRONG. Slim's is surprisingly, almost shockingly good, given the price. They also sent me a few samples, so I tasted Drunken Turtle and it is great! Wow.
Now I only wish I can find his clone of Prime15, if it exists... It will save me over 50% in vaping expenses going forward.
I've never had the "real" Castle Long. How does the Castle Short compare?

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
I've never had the "real" Castle Long. How does the Castle Short compare?

It is very, very close. For some reason, the ingredients in CL are very pronounced and very distinctive, and it has a very solid TH, as well. In CS, the taste is the same, but it somehow tastes like all components blend together. I know this explanation doesn't make much sense, but that's the best I can do... Slim's Castle didn't have as much TH for me, either, but that's easy to fix with my next order with more PG and maybe upping the nic a little bit.

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
Sounds like you need a sample pack from Slim's tobacco section! I found my Applewood Tobacco there, and that's really all I need in that category. But so many others look interesting and well-reviewed. I wonder if he takes requests....

Good to hear that it's not just the easy-types like me that can find pleasing good values here.

I will probably get a sample pack, but I was hoping that somebody already did all the work and could point me in the right direction to Slim's 555 equivalent. :thumbs:

Edit: I even emailed them and asked them point blank, but no response yet.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
It is very, very close. For some reason, the ingredients in CL are very pronounced and very distinctive, and it has a very solid TH, as well. In CS, the taste is the same, but it somehow tastes like all components blend together. I know this explanation doesn't make much sense, but that's the best I can do... Slim's Castle didn't have as much TH for me, either, but that's easy to fix with my next order with more PG and maybe upping the nic a little bit.
No, it makes perfect sense. Thank you.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I will probably get a sample pack, but I was hoping that somebody already did all the work and could point me in the right direction to Slim's 555 equivalent. :thumbs:

Edit: I even emailed them and asked them point blank, but no response yet.

Not having sampled Prime 15, if I was looking for Slim's 555 I'd probably start with Hazy Cowboy. I'd get another little bottle of Honeywood Tobacco, and throw in a bottle of his Virginia Fire Cured for good measure. Not only do all of those sound good to me, but they might make good partners in a mix. And if you hit on a good ratio, you can big-order it on the Create-Your-Own page.

Speaking of which, I am seriously attracted to that page. I am half-convinced to use my free 30mL code on a concoction of Apple Butter + Peanut Butter + Waffle. I used to make toasted Eggo sandwiches like that a very long time ago. Sticky fingers and a big smile. Since I can't be sure of the right ratios, I'll probably get the small sizes of each to tinker with first.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I'm like fogmust in that I'm very discriminating when it comes to new flavors and vendors. I've tried dozens of hyped juices over the last three years, only to toss them after an honest try. We also share the appreciation of Halo and 5P for the quality and intensity of the flavors. I've put together my wish list of six or seven Slim's juices but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I even came up with a combo flavor that I want to try. I just wish there were more than three people chiming in here to testify to the quality of the flavors. I have to admit that what I see on his Facebook page does not represent what I see here. A lot of the FB comments are pretty bad, but as we all know people will take the time to complain if they don't like something and say nothing if they do. Still on the fence about dropping an order. I suppose I should just shut up and do it. Can't be any worse than 75% of what I tried in the past. There is also some concern that this is a bathtub/basement type of operation. I tend to stick with large companies with lab environment production for my juices. What to do...

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
There is also some concern that this is a bathtub/basement type of operation. I tend to stick with large companies with lab environment production for my juices.

I feel you, Mr. HH. This feeling of, "are they really professional?" made me put off trying them for months. The website is hobbyist-level quality. Though the front page claims that "formally trained mixers work seven days a week" using "the finest and latest mixing techniques...in a sanitary and up-to-date facility" with "quality control," there are no pictures of the operation itself. The staffers in the meet pictures look pretty young.

I thought they might be TOO SHADY.

But the product came quickly and to specification with no mistakes. And it was good. So I'm happy and I'll be back. But you knew that already. :)

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
Can't be any worse than 75% of what I tried in the past.

^This, and this is exactly how I looked at it - low-risk, potentially high reward experiment. As far as the garage/bathtub type of operation, I do agree the risk is there, and Slim's website is not doing anything for this perception not to be there. But... I'd rather take a crummy website selling a good product, over a great website with crappy product. I don't know whether I'll switch to Slim's completely, but his stuff will definitely be in my rotation. If nothing else, it offsets the higher cost of Halo and 5P for me.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
+ 1 for slim's. I recieved 300ml a week ago. No problem's, sent to Australia and very decent juice. Slim's is like my back up juice, I have a heap that I know is very vape-able while I continue on my flavor chasing 'mission' which will include a few more flavors from slim's no doubt. Stick to his signature line and I don't think you will be very disappointed. The juice is fresh and clean with good quality VG and nicotine.

Reactions: man00ver

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Ok. Darn this forum! My order is in. Eight bottles should give me a good feel for Slim's. Six were unmodified other than being 50/50. One, I added some Creme La Creme, and another was a combo I created to emulate a juice I like that isn't available in lower VG. After doing a lot of reading, I'm going to breathe then steep them for a week before trying them. Gonna be hard. I'm not typically a steeper..

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
FYI, the 25% coupon code "ejuice25" from their Facebook page is good until 09/01 if anyone is on the fence this weekend. That made my order of eight 10ml bottles $28.50 plus $2.99 shipping.
Here's my order. Kind of all over the place as I'm pretty much a sweetened tobacco vaper.. A couple of the sweet base ones I may use to liven up some boring straight tobaccos I've got sitting around.

Law Man (can't resist that mess of flavors plus tobacco)
Castle Short (I love CLR but anything close would be cool)
RY4 + Pistachio Pudding (might be good, might be vominous)
Unicorn Milk (Let's see what the kids are all digging. I'm old..)
Cherry Balsam Tobacco + Creme La Creme (been years since I tried a good cherry pipe tobacco)
Caramel Corn (possible mixer or maybe straight up)
Blacky Cigar (loves me some good Black and Mild)
Cotton Candy (mixer or for the wife)

I'll check in once I've tried a few.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread