Status
Not open for further replies.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
(2) you would not be allowed to smoke them anywhere that is a tobacco free zone or in most places a smoke free zone. An awful lot of the laws which ban smoking actually ban all tobacco products in the definitions sections. Since SE is claiming these to be a tobacco product is might cut back the places we would be allowed to smoke them.
I know I will no longer be able to sit at my desk at work and smoke!:evil:

I don't believe you are correct on this, Kayen. The smoking bans/clean air acts all focus on the "lighting" or "igniting" or "combustion" of tobacco products.

The fact that nic liquid uses nicotine derived from tobacco does not automatically put ecigs within the definitions of the various clean air acts. There is no smoke, no combustion, no lighting, so if any governmental body wanted to prohibit ecig use in public places, they would have to amend their smoking ban legislation to specifically include ecig use. And, they would not have any scientific justification for doing so, either.

Indeed, even pharmaceutical NRT products contain nicotine derived from tobacco, and that's why you will see trace amounts of TSNAs (tobacco specific nitrosamines) in them, but at such miniscule amounts they are regarded as "safe" compared to nicotine obtained from smoking. But you don't see nicotine inhalers falling within the bans now, for example.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
NJoy Enters FDA vs Electronic Cigarette Lawsuit | e-Cigarettes - Electronic Cigarettes

Don't ask for proof, cause I don't have it. However, I will make a large wager if anyone is interested.

NJOY did Intervene as I posted elsewhere--the Docket Sheet shows Judge Leon allowed NJOY's Motion to Intervene and a hearing on the merits of the Preliminary Injunction was held on May 15th, and the Judge took the Motion under advisement---so all we can do now is wait for the Judge to issue his ruling----Sun

palermo45

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
www.nicapure.com
I have read the court papers they filed and it would seem that we are all in trouble. They are claiming that the nicotine is derived from tobacco, therefore making a tobacco product.... This statement has two unfortunate drawn backs, (1) as a tobacco product it would would allow the Feds to collect taxes on them, But more importantly (2) you would not be allowed to smoke them anywhere that is a tobacco free zone or in most places a smoke free zone. An awful lot of the laws which ban smoking actually ban all tobacco products in the definitions sections. Since SE is claiming these to be a tobacco product is might cut back the places we would be allowed to smoke them.
I know I will no longer be able to sit at my desk at work and smoke!:evil:
Well the nicotine does come from tobacco. The difference with e-cigs is that there is nothing being burned! I see plenty of signs everywhere that say no smoking. I have yet to see a sign that says no chewing,,, If that were the case then people would not be allowed to use the gums or the patch in public places. Both of these products are also made with nicotine from tobacco plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread