Skippack, PA

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
What they said.
Ditto. Stuff wicks like a champ probably no matter which way you cut it but am wondering how well it will pull out of the coil when you need to rewick.

I split the pad in half but think I like your (Bell's) way of just cutting a thinner strip and not getting all OCD about where exactly the halfway point in the pad is.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
:(

Now I can't remember, or find, who said what. With the istick 50, can't those be returned to the vendor they were bought from and get them replaced with the "fixed" version? It was Janet's that decided to auto fire like a Russian supply capsule, correct? Return it to the vendor for a good one.

SCHWAAAAAAANG!

I miss this thread for a day or so, and it's Hades to keep up!

@amoret - Sweetheart - I hope you're o.k. Praying you peace and healing :) Just spent the weekend at the hospital - SO having some issues, but "o.k." for now. At least we know what it's "not". Just don't know what it "is" :(
Been there done that, no fun. Hope they figure it out soon. I know it's frustrating but hang in there.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
There are a lot of people that seem to have problems with the artificial sweeteners. What bothers me is the growing trend to blame everything on PG. International Space Station got knocked out of its orbit yesterday, must have been the Russians. Oh wait, no, it was the PG.

Yeah with all the Vapers Tongue and loss of taste... To me that says problem.
I can vape day in and out with my juice made from no artificial ingredients FC flavors.
I think some of the other flavors taste good but can only have a little of them sometimes. Some of the other flavors not so good perfumy and aftertaste.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I've stuck with TFA flavors not only because I've had good luck with them but because they've also been tested. As far as I can tell, flavoring is the weak link in vaping right now in that we really don't know what they will do long term. I have no problem with you or anyone else chooses to use as long as it doesn't have oil in. I am NOT saying TFA is better than any other flavoring, it's just what has worked for me and though I'm not 100% comfortable with it, like any flavoring, it's what I've chosen to try first with any mix I make.

I got one bottle of flavoring that was sickeningly perfumy and nothing got rid of it so I finally got rid of the bottle. All 4 ounces of it. :cry:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've stuck with TFA flavors not only because I've had good luck with them but because they've also been tested. As far as I can tell, flavoring is the weak link in vaping right now in that we really don't know what they will do long term. I have no problem with you or anyone else chooses to use as long as it doesn't have oil in. I am NOT saying TFA is better than any other flavoring, it's just what has worked for me and though I'm not 100% comfortable with it, like any flavoring, it's what I've chosen to try first with any mix I make.

I got one bottle of flavoring that was sickeningly perfumy and nothing got rid of it so I finally got rid of the bottle. All 4 ounces of it. :cry:

BOOOOOO (what was it?)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I ordered from them a couple weeks ago. IIRC, it did take a bit of looking around during checkout. I think there is a place where you specify your method of payment so the CC info box will appear. Their shipping was fast. Seemed like a good vendor to me. Give it another try.

Still a no go for me....tried clicking every link and button available on their site....logged out...logged in....updated the cart....rebooted my computer. Can't start a ticket for help as it only applies to orders already made :?: can't get beyond the cart with my total. Tried calling their phone...they close at 4 PM PDT...so.....they may have lost me as a customer before I ever became one :glare:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Still a no go for me....tried clicking every link and button available on their site....logged out...logged in....updated the cart....rebooted my computer. Can't start a ticket for help as it only applies to orders already made :?: can't get beyond the cart with my total. Tried calling their phone...they close at 4 PM PDT...so.....they may have lost me as a customer before I ever became one :glare:
Ecig express.com?
Top right, click checkout?

Oh.... Ticket.... Try their live chat during business hours, or leave a message with your email and/or phone number

https://secure.livechatinc.com/lice...gi?groups=0&session_id=S1433991933.f677133d0f

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
BOOOOOO (what was it?)
It was a TFA flavor but not from them or WLs. If I'd kept the bottle I could tell you who the rebottler was but... I ordered another one directly from TFA and it was fine. Always been fine through WLs also. No clue what went wrong with that one.

How very odd. Divine intervention?

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I'm figuring I either misunderstood or misrembered what Deb said. If it makes the wick a little more sturdy to cut with the grain, that will be great. That unknown "Japanese Organic Cotton" that came with my Kanger Subtank sure had an evil taste, but the Koh Gen Do wicks great and tastes great. Less filling, too. :)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I'm figuring I either misunderstood or misrembered what Deb said. If it makes the wick a little more sturdy to cut with the grain, that will be great. That unknown "Japanese Organic Cotton" that came with my Kanger Subtank sure had an evil taste, but the Koh Gen Do wicks great and tastes great. Less filling, too. :)
Regular cotton tasted just like a wet t-shirt to me. KGD was fantastic but a porcher sent me some rayon and I think I liked that a bit better. I still have over a box of KGD to go so have been hording the rayon for later. Not sure why, between the two I have enough to last me years. Either one is vastly better than cotton or silica.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Ecig express.com?
Top right, click checkout?

Oh.... Ticket.... Try their live chat during business hours, or leave a message with your email and/or phone number

https://secure.livechatinc.com/lice...gi?groups=0&session_id=S1433991933.f677133d0f

LOL....that's the first place I clicked....Checkout does no more than hitting refresh.....will not let me continue to actually checkout. Searching through their "help" link in hopes of finding a way to finish checking out brought me to "tickets" which I can't use without an order number...
I'm nocturnal :laugh: so.....if I'm awake in daylight hours tomorrow, and IF I haven't ordered elsewhere by then in my frustration, I may try calling again

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Nope...didn't get the ring. box at top said some products out of stock.....checked everything on my list....removed the one offending flavor.....hit checkout, and......I don't go anywhere.....no matter how many times I try.....stays on the same page....doesn't ask me for method of payment.....nothing.....just won't let me complete the checkput

If you go to your shopping cart, you should get a "proceed to checkout" link to click that takes you to a page with a 6 step process to check out. If you aren't getting that page I wonder if maybe their site is glitching or something but it works for me. It must have been another site I was having trouble with. I don't think it was this one. I hope it works for you they seem like a good place to order from and they're fast. Sorry I'm not much help.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Has anyone done any studies on what is really happening medically with Vapers Tongue or the loss of taste events with vaping?
I'm sure they have, in general, but after I read, "You were born with 10,000 taste buds, but after you turn 50, that number..." I quit reading. :oops:

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
OK - Big update for this one, as it's taken us so long to sort out the last lot :)

And the winners are.........

@AndriaD
@Mr. Miyagi
@YoursTruli
@laurie9300
@TheBloke
@lee72
@No_Imagination
@r77r7r
@Seleya
@Cool-breeze
@redrebel821
@Hulamoon
@Jode
@Sir2fyablyNutz
@74deeds
@wvloony
@pbxbelmar
@LynnNC
@Romano Cheese
@BCFCMike
@blivey
@kariM
@RaceGun59
@Bunnykiller
@WifeyCO
@mac63
@Nathan Colley
@GreenLeaf
@Rsunderl
@jeffjr464

Congratulations all - you'll be contacted shortly via PM.....

Oliver
Well unbelievable - my name appeared on the list of runner up winners this morning. So surprised :banana: This is the first contest I have ever entered on ECF and it was for sure unplanned - just started to read the contest thread and got caught up in the manic posting that was going on.

Super busy day today - or I would have tried to do more research on the choices. We were asked to not share the list - or I would have been coming here to get some help :p

Not sure what my prize will be - had to rank 20 choices and most of them I have no idea about. Anyway - depending on what I actually win - I will probably be needing some help to figure it out :eek:

Not sure if this is the last - this now makes 50 runner ups - great group of vendors to donate this many prizes. For sure ECF continues to be a great resource and I owe so much not only to ECF - but also the wonderful Front and Back porch peoples........:wub:

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
Youngin' here checkin' in with the porch folk. Pops said he only had 4 cigs today(camel light menthols) which is huuuuuuuuge. Last year I helped him on a job in Hot Springs, AR, about an hour and some change from here (currently living at home with the fam), and I will never forget that drive. We did a shutter/window blind install job that took maybe two hours, it was kind of stressful due to measurements being off but it was a totally normal work day. I help him when there are super heavy shutters to carry or ladders being involved, etc.

Anyways, from the time we got in the truck in their driveway until the time we pulled into ours, he smoked 8-9 cigarettes. I had one. This was like I said an hour and a half drive or so, like a short movie. I've been crazy worried since then, I found that, well, sort of ridiculous.

He's doing awesome all things considered, but feel he could truly get off the cancer sticks for good if he could try some flavors that actually don't mimic his cigarettes. He LOVES sweets. Cookies, pastries, sugary carbs. Without posting another 800 word essay as to why, from my phone, I ask you simply:

What are some semi-budget friendly, quality juices that resemble(I'm just going to name sweets he likes):

Banana Twinkies
Raspberry Zingers
German Chocolate Cake
Lemon/Lemon Meraingue(sp)
Snickerdoodle cookies
Cobblers

You get the idea, if you could shoot me some suggestions I would really appreciate it. I would post a link to the vape B&M's juice menu but if I leave this page I fear I will lose this post's progress. I will edit with a link to that juice menu and maybe some of you kind folk can take a peek and see if you could recommend something off of the list. Thanks porch-fam. :)

Edit:
http://www.vapecityarkansas.com/menu-1/

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Well unbelievable - my name appeared on the list of runner up winners this morning. So surprised :banana: This is the first contest I have ever entered on ECF and it was for sure unplanned - just started to read the contest thread and got caught up in the manic posting that was going on.

Super busy day today - or I would have tried to do more research on the choices. We were asked to not share the list - or I would have been coming here to get some help :p

Not sure what my prize will be - had to rank 20 choices and most of them I have no idea about. Anyway - depending on what I actually win - I will probably be needing some help to figure it out :eek:

Not sure if this is the last - this now makes 50 runner ups - great group of vendors to donate this many prizes. For sure ECF continues to be a great resource and I owe so much not only to ECF - but also the wonderful Front and Back porch peoples........:wub:
Congratulations! 50 runner ups, wow. Hope you get something you really, really like. :)

Youngin' here checkin' in with the porch folk. Pops said he only had 4 cigs today(camel light menthols) which is huuuuuuuuge. Last year I helped him on a job in Hot Springs, AR, about an hour and some change from here (currently living at home with the fam), and I will never forget that drive. We did a shutter/window blind install job that took maybe two hours, it was kind of stressful due to measurements being off but it was a totally normal work day. I help him when there are super heavy shutters to carry or ladders being involved, etc.

Anyways, from the time we got in the truck in their driveway until the time we pulled into ours, he smoked 8-9 cigarettes. I had one. This was like I said an hour and a half drive or so, like a short movie. I've been crazy worried since then, I found that, well, sort of ridiculous.

He's doing awesome all things considered, but feel he could truly get off the cancer sticks for good if he could try some flavors that actually don't mimic his cigarettes. He LOVES sweets. Cookies, pastries, sugary carbs. Without posting another 800 word essay as to why, from my phone, I ask you simply:

What are some semi-budget friendly, quality juices that resemble(I'm just going to name sweets he likes):

Banana Twinkies
Raspberry Zingers
German Chocolate Cake
Snickerdoodle cookies
Cobblers

You get the idea, if you could shoot me some suggestions I would really appreciate it. I would post a link to the vape B&M's juice menu but if I leave this page I fear I will lose this post's progress. I will edit with a link to that juice menu and maybe some of you kind folk can take a peek and see if you could recommend something off of the list. Thanks porch-fam. :)

Edit:
I’m really happy your father is doing so well with the vaping. Since I haven’t been very adventurous with the store bought liquids and others can give you far better recommendations than I can, I’d like to give you a humble suggestion. Absolutely go ahead and get him the store bought one you choose but also put in a small order with Mount Baker Vapor. Their juice is relatively inexpensive and he can try a bunch of them at little cost. Link to their juice selections Vapor E Cig Juice | Electronic Cigarette Nicotine Juice As always, big congratulations to both of you! :thumbs:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Hey all, I been try'in to catch up from pg. 531 (slow reader), anyways Thanks Ken, the dill pickle has helped on the Vapors Fatigue better than anything else has (about 5 per day). Hey Wolf, the 80-20 Unflavored that tasted of Pepper that we talked about ? I been try'in some 50-50 unflavored and the Peppery taste is MUCH diminished. Strange !

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Banana Twinkies
Raspberry Zingers
German Chocolate Cake
Snickerdoodle cookies
Cobblers

Edit:

Nice he's still doing good w/ his vaping. I'll have to defer to others on juice recommendations. We vape basically three flavors in this house and my DIYs it - a pear blend, pomogranite, and blueberry. Yep, we're boring but it works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread