I'm having trouble finding a clearomizer I like for my itaste vv v3. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd401k

Jan 11, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
I hate to say this, but, skip the clearomizers, get yourself an RTA such as the kayfun Lite + or the Russian 91%. They are super easy to build and the taste and vapor production is outstanding. Much cheaper in the long run too. If you have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my phone number. Seriously, this is what you really need for a killer vape. Drippers are great also but for something with a tank, you can't beat a kayfun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I hate to say this, but, skip the clearomizers, get yourself an RTA such as the Kayfun Lite + or the Russian 91%. They are super easy to build and the taste and vapor production is outstanding. Much cheaper in the long run too. If you have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my phone number. Seriously, this is what you really need for a killer vape. Drippers are great also but for something with a tank, you can't beat a Kayfun

Oh man, that thing sounds amazing. I think it would absolutely ridiculous on my itaste though, I think I would want a different battery for it. I wonder how good the kayfun mini is, that would be a nice piece for it.

Oh wait, just watched grimmgreen review the mini, and it's awesome.

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Although I agree that the Aerotank base is the best think Kanger ever did for their bigger tanks, it's so easy to tune the airflow on the Mini PTs by opening up the holes in their stock bases that I'm not sure it makes sense to use an Aero base on them. I mean if you're going to stick the adapter and a 19mm base on your VV V3, then why not just use a 19mm tank on there as well? ;)

The Aerotank base is sealed, no leaks into the battery. I also use the Mini PT II's on my Smok Zmax Mini and Smok E-pipe. This keeps me from having to hunt up an Ego to 510 adapter when I want to switch tanks and batts around.

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
Looks like I really should try the Evods. And does the Smoktech Dripper work well even without a rebuild? I don't think I'm going to have time to rebuild anything until the summer :/ but I really want to try dripping. And I'm assuming I should get a drip guard for that?

No - the Smoktech dripper is a rebuildable - it comes already built with first coil and wick.

Some folks like plan old 510 atomizers for a dripper - works well and you can buy replacements - just replace atomizer. Small enough to look good in proportion to itaste V3.

Fasttech has coils already made with wick ( 50 pack around $2.50) with nichrome wire and silica. The posts on the Smoktech are thumb screw so inserting coil leads, trimming leads and trimming wick relatively easy and you know what end result should look like from one already on it.

I prefer making micro coils (like most/many others) and use kanthal wire and cotton yarn (peaches and cream - picked up at Walmart).

Advantages of kanthal and cotton over nichrome and silica for me: 1. coils last longer 2. easy coil cleaning to like new condition 3. prefer taste of cotton over silica. 4. Easy to re-wick. For $10 I have probably a lifetime supply for making coils/wicks.

Many, many, many other approaches for coils and wicking - each to their own and an enjoyable hobby for experimenting with different resistance values and shapes and sizes of the coil plus various wicking materials.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Gotta put a plug in for the Aspire ET-S. Great glass tank and atty's are cheap. The best I've tried, without a doubt. I'm shelving my 510 stuff and getting another Ego VV so I can use the Aspire full time. I love it that much.

+1 for the Aspire ET-S. And the Aspire Vivi Nova-S BDC as well. Both have been outperforming my Pro Tank 2 and my Mini PT 2's. World of Vapes has them for the cheapest price Ive seen

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
+1 for the Aspire ET-S. And the Aspire Vivi Nova-S BDC as well. Both have been outperforming my Pro Tank 2 and my Mini PT 2's. World of Vapes has them for the cheapest price Ive seen

Damn I thought I got a good price at Desert Vapes at $7.95. They have a better price on the heads too.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I can't find the link to that either. So I caved and got the Kayfun mini. Goodbye tax dollars. I might get the Aspire ET-S as a backup though. Do you guys like the 1.8 or 2.1 ohm? I keep reading it's better to get the higher resistance, but you never know.

I'm ok with the 1.8Ω that came with it. But I have always ordered 2.1Ω BDC replacement heads.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I don't notice any difference in vape with the two on a VV or MVP. Your battery might last longer with the 2.1

I really don't notice any difference either. And I don't think it affects battery life since you're likely to adjust the voltage to get the same power which negates any power savings. I bought the 1.8 heads just so I could use them on my standard ego batteries until I buy another VV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread