Help with Temp control on the X cube II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlwork

Oct 6, 2011
Canada
I have the xcube 2. On the rba I built a nickel coil and all it does is start for 3 seconds then say temp protected. I though ok, so I will build a stainless steel one, I built one and it came out to 0.15 Ohms, I saturated the wick and coil real well set my xcube to temp mode and stainless steel, fired it up and same thing starts up for a few seconds and goes to "temp protected" am I doing something wrong?

This is my first temp control device and I am thinking i must be doing something wrong but I really can't figure it out.

Vi-NG

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
Hi @jjlwork
the issue you are describing is not uncommon, a lot of Mods (if not all) do it.. so to vape in TC is a bit more complicated that the regular Power Mode - you have to fine tune the setting based on the mod behavior (driven by the Chip), the tanks and coil you have. I don't have a straight answer to you question, you have to fine tune the setting "at taste" and vaping experience you want to achieve. And this is not stable, with some tanks I found myself to change the setting few times a day, or based on vape frequency.

jjlwork

Oct 6, 2011
Canada
Yeah, I tried adjusting the temperature coefficient but I am not sure what direction to go, Also the coil doesn't even seem to get hot enough for vapor to come off before protection trips in most cases. With the nickel wire I tried the lowest through to highest settings I could, the best I could manage was a 3 second vape that was not was very unproductive before it went to temp protected, With the stainless steel I decided to check around before messing with the coefficients again so i just left it at the default for stainless that smok uses. Its driving me nuts the whoe reason I bought this was to try out the TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread