Do you mouth or lung inhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brego

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Where the corn grows tall
I realize this sounds like a strange question, but when I smoked analogs I inhaled into my mouth primarily and then my lungs secondarily, if that makes sense. I can't think of a better way to describe it. I drew the smoke into my mouth/upper throat first, then sucked it down into my lungs after I removed the cigarette from my lips. It is a two-stage inhalation rather than a single-stage directly into the lungs.

As a result of my doing that, the throat hit was reduced to nearly zero (which I apparently preferred). I find myself vaping the same way (of course, because that is how I trained myself, albeit unintentionally, maybe?).

So my question is; How do others vape? Do you single-stage vape directly into your lungs, or two-stage your inhalation? Reading reviews of e-juices I see lots of mentions of the level of "throat hit". vaping the way I do, there is no throat hit.

How do you vape? Is the throat hit important to you?

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I realize this sounds like a strange question, but when I smoked analogs I inhaled into my mouth primarily and then my lungs secondarily, if that makes sense. I can't think of a better way to describe it. I drew the smoke into my mouth/upper throat first, then sucked it down into my lungs after I removed the cigarette from my lips. It is a two-stage inhalation rather than a single-stage directly into the lungs.

As a result of my doing that, the throat hit was reduced to nearly zero (which I apparently preferred). I find myself vaping the same way (of course, because that is how I trained myself, albeit unintentionally, maybe?).

So my question is; How do others vape? Do you single-stage vape directly into your lungs, or two-stage your inhalation? Reading reviews of e-juices I see lots of mentions of the level of "throat hit". Vaping the way I do, there is no throat hit.

How do you vape? Is the throat hit important to you?

I am a two-stage vaper. I tried the direct inhale and almost choked on it. I don't much care for throat hit and prefer the taste of the vape rather than the hit. I still can't figure out how to do a direct lung inhale.. just tried it and almost choked again. :)

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
When I smoked, I inhaled directly into my lungs. I love a crazy throat hit.

But I find that e-cigs actually give a stronger hit than cigs do. So now I do it like you, mouth inhale, and then suck it into my lungs after I've finished my drag. I still get a throat hit, but it's gentler than a direct lung inhale.

Throat hit is *really* important to me. That's why I vape 90% PG juices, and never liked regular atties. Cartomizers and LR atties give me the throat hit - regular atties never have. At least not at 3.7v.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I smoked for over 37 years and never did the "single stage" puff--always 2 stages. Throat hit wasn't important for me when I was smoking. I didn't like a strong one, but then, with vaping, if I don't notice at least a medium throat hit, then it's just like inhaling straight air through my mouth. I mean what's the use? I prefer a medium throat hit/lung hit. There are a lot of choices out there.

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Let me see....

<vape> <vape> <vape>

Definitely single stage vaping here... though, I know I when I am feeling uncomfortable vaping in some situations... I two stage and hold for an extended period (reduced vapor exhale... referred to hereon out as RVE... LOL.. j/k)

I am sure I was a two-stager with analogs, like almost everyone else, but with vaping it seems to be more personally satisfying the way I am doing it.

Know you have me curious about different vaping "techniques" hehehehe

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Me too; mouth then inhale, and never really thought about it until I came across this same question on this forum about six months ago. One thing I have noticed is that it's easier for me to do the rather longer draw required by vaping over smoking if I take several draws filling my mouth and upper throat, then inhale. Sometimes I take short in-breaths through my nose at the same time.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
2-part inhale for me :) I can't help it but sometimes I love to French Inhale with my e-cig. I hated French Inhaling with analogs because the taste was horrible and it sometimes burned.

I enjoy the french inhale, but with e-liquid it makes me sneeze most of the time. After a year the sneezes are still there and I am still french inhaling from time to time.
As for the mouth/direct-it isn't a predecided (word) act. I do both.
The direct lung inhale is something I read about on this forum. Made for a great hit off the pv for a bit. As always though, once you get used to it, the feeling goes away.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Back in the 80's (teenage years), smoking the forbidden stuff (ya'll know what I'm talking about LOL), straight inhale. Smoked regular cigs in 2 stages. Tried vaping on a straight inhale but didn't like it so I do 2 stage.

PS - I quit the "forbidden" 29 years ago. I can't stand the smell of it now. I really don't know how I did it back then...LOL.

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
Does anyone exhale through their nose? When I smoked analogs, I did that. I would draw the smoke in through my mouth, and exhale first through my nose, then the rest through my mouth. I do this with vaping as well. I actually find that exhaling through my nose first gives me more flavor. LOL I can't believe I'm writing this - and that I'm posting it. I'm probably in the minority here... but, what's new? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread