Crap luck with nickel/temp control

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasteroftheVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Columbia, IL, USA
One major problem I've found with the lemo is dirty threads in the screw that connects the 510 base with the rest of the unit. I had a lot of nickel nightmares on my lemo's until I took the base apart and cleaned the threads out with alcohol/cotton. Found all kinds of metal shavings and oil in there from manifacturing. After it was clean nickel builds were a walk in the park.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
On Thursday I went out and got a Invader Mini 50w temperature controlled mod but it's only given me nightmares.

Everything gets near too hot to touch in temp control, cotton IS burning
Nickel coils seem to be an absolute nightmare and I've recoiled and wicked everything
multiple times but it's either crap flavor, or not working at all what so ever.

Lemo, absolute TRASH on it, not a single thing I've done has worked.
(No flavor, actually BURNS the cotton when it actually DOES work with the mod)
Holy Grail, barely any flavor, but does actually produce vapor
Rebuilt Atlantis coil, acts like trash when it does work, barely any vapor
Magma, Not even the hint of flavor, burning cotton black while still soaking wet but some vapor.

I have two TC mods and have never experienced any of these issues. I think something is wrong with your mod.

Having said that, there are a few things I do to make sure I get the best results I can. I use the screw heads in my Lemo instead of the holes and I make sure they are tightened to the point where if I nudge the coil gently on the resistance checker the resistance doesn't change. I am also careful to make sure there is clearance below the coil tails. You already said you use spaced coils, but make sure they are really not touching. I go in with a pair of dental picks after wicking the coil pretty full of cotton (a bit more than I normally use so the cotton holds the coils in place better) and tweak the wraps. When I screw on the 510 connection to the Lemo I make sure it's good and tight and that I can still see a bit of light between where the 510 part and the deck part come close, so I'm sure the contact surfaces inside have pressure.

The first time I built the Lemo for TC I put in a wick and checked at what temperature it started to singe. Set at say 370, make sure it's in TC mode as you hit the button and fire it for say 3-5 seconds. Let off on the button and slide the cotton a bit over so you can see what was under the coils. If it has not singed yet (which should be the case at 370) increase the temp to say 390 and repeat. You should see no singing until you get a bit over 400 deg F. If this works you know the temperature limiting system is working right.

But from what you posted I really think something is wrong with the mod. 'Burning cotton black while still soaking wet' is a huge issue that needs to be fixed before you vape it or you're going to be vaping burnt juice.

Good luck with it :thumb:

Reactions: BlueSnake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread