Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Nice job Vapefiend. Man, that P67 Coppervein sure looks great! Pics look great.

I may have to edit what I wrote and change to Krylon clear coat. I was doing a project several months ago, and had a horrible time with the Rust-Oleum paint. Kept getting the Desert cracking effect a lot while adding more coats, and after 7 removals... I finally gave the Krylon a try while shopping at Lowes. I was amazed and shocked at the difference. Krylon gives you 4 hours to Re-Coat. With Rust-Oleum, you only have 2 hours, and believe me - you better be careful with that time allotment. I didn't realize how critical this was until I went to add a 2nd coat, and the Desert cracked look kept ruining my effort. I will try the Krylon next time IF I ever have to clear coat Chewbacca.

Last edited:

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Nice job Vapefiend. Man, that P67 Coppervein sure looks great! Pics look great.

I may have to edit what I wrote and change to Krylon clear coat. I was doing a project several months ago, and had a horrible time with the Rust-Oleum paint. Kept getting the Desert cracking effect a lot while adding more coats, and after 7 removals... I finally gave the Krylon a try while shopping at Lowes. I was amazed and shocked at the difference. Krylon gives you 4 hours to Re-Coat. With Rust-Oleum, you only have 2 hours, and believe me - you better be careful with that time allotment. I didn't realize how critical this was until I went to add a 2nd coat, and the Desert cracked look kept ruining my effort. I will try the Krylon next time IF I ever have to clear coat Chewbacca.
Thank you! I couldn’t have done it without you. I will keep that in mind for the next time I or someone else does this. I had no issues with the Rust-Oleum.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Thank you! I couldn’t have done it without you. I will keep that in mind for the next time I or someone else does this. I had no issues with the Rust-Oleum.
You don't have to thank me. I'm just glad the article and photos helped someone out. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread