Aussie vape ban.

purrin

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
So they originally said there was a total ban. And the juice from quit clinics is $50.00 per hundred mls. Which is completely exorbitant especially compared to diy. Then I found this in abc news which looks to me like I can keep importing it. Does anyone know what's going on. Chemist warehouse had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know the deal? Mine aren't disposable and they are therapeutic and the solve a couple of really bad health problems soon...read on

The health minister today will introduce legislation that bans the importation, manufacture, supply, and commercial possession of disposable single-use and non-therapeutic vapes unless they are used for legitimate health reasons'.

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
Western NC
Vote Em Out and Call these Politicians and give em Hell.
It's the only strength we have in protecting our selves and the dominance of Regulations.

In this case, at least it's just disposables, but it could eventually extend into worse regs.
And that. I don't understand... They say ""It's all about the Children"" No retailer in the US can sell Nic to a Child and they generally (say 70-80% ) are using a 0 nic vape.
I then ask, What's the Harm? Substituting a flavored Vapor for a Ho-Ho or a Twinkie,,, Junk food? Hey, we have an Obesity Crisis here in this Country. I would much rather see em vaping than stuffing their Pie Holes.

There's a lot of info here Nicotine Vapes In Australia | Australian Vaping Supplies
I'm not sure how accurate and up to date it is although I did have a look around online stores in Australia and seems like you can still buy gear, and you can definitely buy wire, cotton, vg/pg, and suitable flavourings as well as get a prescription from a gp. There's some info in the link about ways to do that.
I'm not sure if the legislators thought this through properly because it seems to me at least that it's going to be impossible for them to enforce it without being a massive pain in the .... for potentially hundreds of thousands of Australians who are only looking for some pg based strawberry flavouring for their milkshakes and cake decorations.

Users who are viewing this thread