Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Zovoo Dragbar B6500 Disposable

1691282778150.png

Hey there. :blush:

We have a disposable to take a peek at today. Zovoo sent me the Dragbar B6500 Disposable for the purposes of a review, and that's what we'll be doing! Some of you may remember the Dragbar Z700 SE I reviewed a bit ago, and you can expect much of the same performance and flavor from the B6500, but with obvious differences. You folks know how I feel about disposables in general, so I would advise that you purchase your vape products wisely and to have an end-goal and expectation on what you want from your vape. That being said, if you are a smoker and you're looking for something that's an easy step into the world of vaping, this product is a great choice. I'll go more into that in the review.

I want to thank Hillary from VooPoo (Zovoo's sister company) for setting me up with the Dragbar B6500. As always, my biases will be left out to keep this critique fair and honest.

I recommend visiting Zovoo's Dragbar B6500 page for a bit more info. Alright, lehgo!

(photos have been modified and can be clicked on for easier viewing)

◆ BRIEF SITE OVERVIEW ◆

20 Flavors

1691286903538.png

Flavor Options are as follows:

> Whipped Pineapple
    > Strawberry Kiwi Ice
    > Blue Razz Ice
    > Cool Mint
    > Honeydew Watermelon
    > Lemon Pie
    > Kiwi Pitaya Berry
    > Lime Passion Fruit
    > Clear
    > Strawberry Ice Cream
    > Strawberry Banana
    > Virginia Tobacco
    > Sour Berry
    > Strawberry Watermelon Ice
    > Peach Ice
    > Sour Apple Ice
    > Peanut Butter Banana
    > Mango Ice
    > Watermelon Ice
    > Sakura Grape Ice

Key Features

1691287233169.png

> Up to 20 Flavors
    > Creamy TPU Mouthpiece
    > Mesh Coil 2.0
    > 50 mg/mL (5%) Nicotine Concentration
    > USB Type-C Charging
    > Up to 6500 Puffs

Specs

1691287350556.png

> Size: 83.4 * 43.98 * 19.75mm
    > Juice Capacity: 13 mL
    > Puffs: Up to 6500
    > Coil Resistance: 1.0 +/- 0.1Ω
    > Nic Concentration: 50 mg/mL (5%)

Package Contents

1691287596127.png

> 1x Dragbar B6500
    > User Manual Not Included (unless purchasing a 10-pack box)

◆ REVIEW TESTING AND OBSERVATIONS ◆

1691287870380.png

Having recently tested out the Dragbar Z700 SE, I more or less already had an idea how the B6500 was going to perform. However, it's quite obvious that the Z700 SE and the B6500 are quite different in more ways than they are similar. One of the first things I noticed was that Zovoo has further expanded their flavor options to include one of my favorite of the 5 I received, which would be the Peach Ice. Sakura Grape Ice was also a new addition from the 3 others shown above that were flavor options available for the Z700 SE. Having a wide variety of tasty flavor options is definitely a must, and I think Zovoo's done a very decent job of branching out to achieve several different successful flavor combinations.

1691289080799.png

Out of the box, the Dragbar B6500 comes in a sealed plastic wrapper. Once the plastic is removed, you will notice that the mouthpiece has a small rubber plug, and the bottom is protected with a clear sticker. Thankfully, none of the 5 samples I received showed any signs of leaking what-so-ever, so that's a great start! The plastic sticker prevents any air differential from activating the auto-draw sensor as well as protecting anything from entering the USB Port. On one side there's noticeable branding with DRAGBAR B6500 written in big bold letters as well as the flavor of that particular device. It would have been nice to see the nic concentration (50 mg/mL or 5%) also noted somewhere.

Since disposables are sometimes limited to 20 mg/mL (or 2%) depending on the source or the location of distribution (falling under TPD restrictions), there could be unsafe assumptions being made by those that are new to vaping where they may not understand that there is a difference between them. 5% is 2.5 times stronger than 2%, and that does matter; especially for those that may be trying to lower their nicotine intake.

1691290278253.png

One key difference that sets this disposable apart from others is that it has a soft, food-grade TPU rubber mouthpiece. At first I really didn't think this would make that much of a difference, but if you're the type of person that likes to be able to stick a pod device in your mouth and not have to use your hands, this is what makes the TPU pretty ideal for. I'm not sure if this is what they intended, but this is how I see it being a benefit the most. Normally, we're forced to resort to smaller devices that we can sort of pin between our lips to be able to do this, but this is not a problem with the B6500.

On the bottom, beside the USB Type-C charging port, there are two holes that are labeled above. The airflow is just big enough to give the Dragbar B6500 a slightly loose MTL draw, which is about what you can expect from any type of disposable device of this style. If you want a more tight and potent draw, you can slightly cover the airflow or feather it with your finger while you draw to create additional suction. If you completely cover the airflow hole with your finger, you can expect a very tight MTL draw. I do want to caution you that while this may help you achieve a more preferred draw, it may also reduce the longevity of the device overall in puffs, due to the coil not getting its normal airflow. Do this at your own risk.

The LED lights up blue while drawing and fades quickly after your puff. This light emitting diode will also turn on when plugged in to charge, but will turn off when the charge is complete. Unlike most VooPoo devices, the B6500 does allow pass-through vaping, so it can be plugged in and charging while you're chugging away on it.

◆ CONCLUSION ◆

I'm not going to list out a flavor profile for each of these devices like I have in the past. All I will say is, the flavor profiles are very accurate (as much as they can be since I don't know what Sakura is supposed to smell or taste like), and the flavor production on a scale of bland to pungent, is very pungent. This of course doesn't mean that it's bad in any way, just that the flavoring is candy-ish and quite strong. The mint/menthol dominates the other flavorings during the inhale, but the accuracy of the flavorings are very prominent on the exhale. If you like healthy doses of a menthol throat hit with a tasty exhale, this will certainly be up your alley.

With regard to the advertised 6500 puffs, I can say with confidence that you're very likely to reach somewhat close to it. While I've puffed away until my brain feels like it's bleeding, I haven't been able to finish off any one of the five B6500 in the two weeks I've had them, and there's simply no way to keep track of every puff.

I tested the battery and it charges between 0.1 and 0.2A based on the status of the battery life. In the world of rechargeable lithium batteries, this is quite slow. However, there's no mention of the internal battery size, but even if you are a hefty vaper, I solidly believe this device should be able to get you through a full day without needing a recharge - likely then some. I didn't completely discharge the battery like I usually do because this thing just wouldn't die. It took about an hour to fully recharge the device from where I'd guess started at around 10% or so based on the declining performance. My suggestion would be that since this is a disposable and you don't really have to be all that concerned with the build up of internal resistance like you normally would with lithium polymer batteries, just keep this thing topped off when you can and you shouldn't ever need to worry about it running out of battery life on you. Also, please remember to properly recycle these devices at a local recycle center or designated drop-off location when you're done with them. They don't belong in your garbage or in your normal recycling bin.

All in all, there really isn't anything I can fault with the Dragbar B6500 disposable other than the nature of its existence. If you're interested in a strong candy-like vape with a good menthol kick, I see no reason why this wouldn't be a great option to rid yourself of those stanky cigarettes. And if you've already made the conversion from analogs and are looking for something strong to keep you off of them, then look no further. If you're a fan of Trolli Peachie O's Gummy Rings (I know you've tried them before), I can't say I've ever tasted anything that resembles that taste more closely than the Peach Ice flavor option. It is definitely my favorite of the 5 I tested!

Without there really being any cons, I see no need to do a Pros, Cons, and Considerations list so I'll leave it at that. I do wish disposable companies would provide some options w/out there being any mint/menthol at all, but that's a preference of my own.

Overall Rating
    9.5-10

(compared to other disposables)

And that about wraps things up. I appreciate you taking the time to take a peek at this review and I hope I answered any questions you might have had about the Zovoo Dragbar B6500. If you have any further questions, feel free to respond to this post or send me a PM. Once again, I want to thank Hillary over at VooPoo for sending this product out for review. You can find more info about it here. The IceWave X8500 Disposable (another sister company of VooPoo) review will be coming up here in the next week, so take a peek at that if disposables are something you're interested in.

Thanks and happy vape hoarding!
    :rickroll:

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Good review. I didn’t get sent these this time and honestly am more than ok with that. I just get tired of all disposables having the strong ice in them.
    Thanks Hitt. I was thinking something similar while I was doing a bit of research for this review. ICCPP is the big parent company that makes VooPoo, Zovoo, IceWave, etc. and I think it's only a matter of time before more sister company products are also pushed onto us. I don't think I'm going to be accepting anymore non-VooPoo product reviews because I simply don't have the time or the want to do them, and they're all disposables. My agreement to do reviews was for VooPoo, not ICCPP.

The ice isn't as strong as it's been in previous disposables we've tested, but it's still quite prominent on the inhale.

Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks Hitt. I was thinking something similar while I was doing a bit of research for this review. ICCPP is the big parent company that makes VooPoo, Zovoo, IceWave, etc. and I think it's only a matter of time before more sister company products are also pushed onto us. I don't think I'm going to be accepting anymore non-VooPoo product reviews because I simply don't have the time or the want to do them, and they're all disposables. My agreement to do reviews was for VooPoo, not ICCPP.

The ice isn't as strong as it's been in previous disposables we've tested, but it's still quite prominent on the inhale.

Thanks for your feedback!
    I’m actually glad I didn’t get any disposable stuff this time around. Maybe they got tired of me complaining about the strong ice added even when it wasn’t needed.

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I’m actually glad I didn’t get any disposable stuff this time around. Maybe they got tired of me complaining about the strong ice added even when it wasn’t needed.
    Maybe, lol. I do wish they'd drop the ice at least in some of the flavors, but it appears that menthol isn't an option in disposables.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread