zombie mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I just picked up a mini young june version 1.5 in the classifieds.
I love the thing, except for one thing - zombie mode...

If you press the power button five times fast it will shut off fine.
Make the mistake of pressing it six times fast and it appears to shut off, but still fires at a low voltage level.
From what I've now read, this is a known defect and people call it zombie mode.

Is there any fix for this?
Any other got-ya's with the LJ 1.5 ?

Thanks!

neauxanalogs

Apr 19, 2012
Louisiana
I just picked up a mini young june version 1.5 in the classifieds.
I love the thing, except for one thing - zombie mode...

If you press the power button five times fast it will shut off fine.
Make the mistake of pressing it six times fast and it appears to shut off, but still fires at a low voltage level.
From what I've now read, this is a known defect and people call it zombie mode.

Is there any fix for this?
Any other got-ya's with the LJ 1.5 ?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I believe the only fix is to get a newer version. You do have a work-around that you have already discovered: make sure to press the power button 5 times. About the only other complaints I have come across is the LED readout is a little difficult to read sometimes and the 510 connector allows for a slightly "wobbly" connection with some devices. I have a YJ Version 1.5t (I believe anyway). It doesn't have the zombie mode problem, but the 510 connector suffers from the slight "wobble" effect, especially with the vivi nova. I have been using it for a month now and have been very pleased. I don't expect this unit to last years like some other devices (read Provari), but I didn't pay $200.00+ for the kit either. I paid $39.95 for a kit with 2 18650 batteries, charger, vivi nova and a case - figure that was cheaper than 2 Vision 1300mah Spinner batteries were going to cost, so I took the chance.

Continue to use your YJ and get to know it and learn what works best for you as far as voltage/attachment/juice combinations go. It is a great stepping stone to devices with more advanced functionality, and to be honest, it works great! Just be sure to not put it into Zombie mode. With the release of the ZMAX V2 and the introduction of the Joye eVic, it would be a pretty safe assumption that prices will continue to drop on other VV and VW devices. Until such a time as you are ready for a different device, enjoy the vape you have. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread