Potential Lavatube 1.5 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Saw another post about this, in the general APV forum, but wanted to make sure it was mentioned here as well, as I rarely check that forum. Not trying to start a panic, but I did see somebody just report that they were buying one of these, and wanted to make sure this information was here as I would probably recommend staying away from the version 1.5 for now.

There may be an issue with the lavatube version 1.5 (3.2 AMP Limit, made by young june). As of right now, this is the only version reportedly having an issue There has been a few reported cases of the tube left sitting alone and not being touched just randomly start firing and not turning off, getting extremely hot and smokey. It's been reported as an issue with the tube and not the batteries, so take that for what it's worth. Don't know any more details then that, hasn't happened to me, mine appears to be working just fine. Just reporting what I've read in the APV and CCV supplier forum. Supposedly only a small number of tubes have reported this issue.

I would highly recommend removing the batteries from this device if and when it's longer then an arms length away for any extended period of time. That's what I am doing with my unit, until I hear some more concrete information on the issue. If I or anybody else hears any more info please let us know...

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Mine will still vape at a very low power level after I turn it off, so I no longer feel safe taking it with me in my pocket. :(

That's because you hit the power button 6 times instead of 5... If you hit the button only 5 times, it's off, but if you hit the power button again it goes into zombie mode, and will fire at that low power level... That I can deal with, the random non stop full powered fire is what i'm worried about...

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
From what I've gathered, this is an issue with the lavatube 1.5, not the lavatube 1.5t. How to tell the difference between the 1.5 and 1.5t I have no idea... If you purchased your 1.5 from CCV, please check their official supplier forum, as they are working out the details with young june on an exchange program, and as soon as the details become finalized, I'm sure they will post more information there...

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
From what I've gathered, this is an issue with the lavatube 1.5, not the lavatube 1.5t. How to tell the difference between the 1.5 and 1.5t I have no idea... If you purchased your 1.5 from CCV, please check their official supplier forum, as they are working out the details with young june on an exchange program, and as soon as the details become finalized, I'm sure they will post more information there...

The ONLY difference between the 1.5 and 1.5T is the "T" has new metal end caps, thats is all. Both are 3.2 amp limiting. The new 2.0 from young june is the ONLY unit with a 4 amp limit and was just released for wholesale on the 28th.

Side note, if you want to tell the Lrider apart from the youngjune .......just look at the power button. Red/Lrider, body color/youngjune, .....free tip for ya.

Last edited:

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
The ONLY difference between the 1.5 and 1.5T is the "T" has new metal end caps, thats is all. Both are 3.2 amp limiting. The new 2.0 from young june is the ONLY unit with a 4 amp limit and was just released for wholesale on the 28th.

Lotsa confusion on all this right now. Particularly the amp rating! Seems there maybe a lot of mis-information about what the newer LT variants are actually providing compared to advertised specs. Many venders have been changing their product descriptions in the last couple days. Buyer beware.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
Lotsa confusion on all this right now. Particularly the amp rating! Seems there maybe a lot of mis-information about what the newer LT variants are actually providing compared to advertised specs. Many venders have been changing their product descriptions in the last couple days. Buyer beware.

All 3 units I have in front of me and have put them thru rigorous and numerous testing. Not to mention full disassembly. As a Electrical Engineer with all the advanced equipment, after disassebled, every single circuit was tested. Both 1.5 and 1.5t have the exact dual chipsets.

Video call snapshot 2.jpg Video call snapshot 3.jpg

Internals of the V1.5 & 1.5t.....2 boards peg mounted front to back in the ring holder.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
Does the 2.0 version tell you the resistance and have a battery meter like the 1.5 version?

Yes it still has the "good" features of the 1.5.
I've seen it all when it comes to the "talk" but the way amperage works and is tested it's either 1 number or another. I have multiple units of the same versions.(V1, 1.5 & 1.5t, 2) They ALL meter up to 3.0-3.2 Amps and in this instance .2+/_ is within acceptable parameters. If you have 1 and have used it you can clearly tell it's a easy 3.2 amps as how it vapes. On the V1 I was usually at 4.5-4.8v, the V1.5 & 1.5t I stay at 3.8-4v. It's MUCH different and MUCH MORE powerful, not to mention after running it on the oscilloscope it had very little voltage drop compared to the V1. With a 1.5 ohm DCT at 6 volts it dropped to 5.4-5.6v, not to bad in my book when the V1 would barely stay at 3.53v with the same DC. Don't shoot the messenger but it really was impressive to be at the price point it was, and trust me I actually was expecting it to fall way short of listed specs and deep inside I expected it to really be a epic fail, but numbers are numbers and they don't lie, atleast not on my equipment anyway.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Yes it still has the "good" features of the 1.5.
I've seen it all when it comes to the "talk" but the way amperage works and is tested it's either 1 number or another. I have multiple units of the same versions.(V1, 1.5 & 1.5t, 2) They ALL meter up to 3.0-3.2 Amps and in this instance .2+/_ is within acceptable parameters. If you have 1 and have used it you can clearly tell it's a easy 3.2 amps as how it vapes. On the V1 I was usually at 4.5-4.8v, the V1.5 & 1.5t I stay at 3.8-4v. It's MUCH different and MUCH MORE powerful, not to mention after running it on the oscilloscope it had very little voltage drop compared to the V1. With a 1.5 ohm DCT at 6 volts it dropped to 5.4-5.6v, not to bad in my book when the V1 would barely stay at 3.53v with the same DC. Don't shoot the messenger but it really was impressive to be at the price point it was, and trust me I actually was expecting it to fall way short of listed specs and deep inside I expected it to really be a epic fail, but numbers are numbers and they don't lie, atleast not on my equipment anyway.

There are many V2 LTs being advertised, just how is one supposed to know which one is the 3amp+- and the one you are describing at 4amps? 1.5 ohm DCT@ 5.5v= 3.67amp=20.2watts

Interesting tip "Red/Lrider, body color/youngjune"
Errol

Last edited:

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
Anyone purchased the LT 1.5 from smoke anywhere for penny's?

I got the 1.5 from Penny's on Tuesday. Been vaping it ever since and it has performed quite well and it runs dual coils just fine.

That CCV thread about Andrew's 1.5 going into meltdown came out a day or so after I put in the order...so I was a little worried. I emailed them on their site about the issue and never received a response....so -1 for customer service at Penny's IMO. However, the price was excellent at $59.99 (it looks like they've raised it to $69.99 since last week), the shipping was good and thus far I couldn't be happier with the performance of the hardware I received.

I have been removing the battery from the unit when I go to sleep at night just to be on the safe side (during the day it's pretty much glued to my hand)...so I'm kind of torn. Loving this thing to death...but the issue Andrew had is worrisome. The joys of modern electronics.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
There are many V2 LTs being advertised, just how is one supposed to know which one is the 3amp+- and the one you are describing at 4amps? 1.5 ohm DCT@ 5.5v= 3.67amp=20.2watts

Interesting tip "Red/Lrider, body color/youngjune"
Errol

Errol, to my knowledge the 4 amp unit has NOT shipped to the U.S. yet but is on it's way to C.C.V. It will be the ALL chrome unit with the new ALL metal new top and bottom. And yes if it has a RED power button it IS LRIDER and only has a 2.5 amp limit like the original V1 from the start. Which in MY OPINION does do the job, just not very well. Their is a HUGE difference in vapor, voltage, throat hit, raw power etc... from the 2.5 amp to the 3.2 amp, remarkably different. All I use now are my 2 VMAX's black and slick bodied chrome but the 3.2 amps in the 1.5 and 1.5t is very impressive. Now if they could just get em stable and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread