Zmax, Evic Supreme or Provari 2.5 or 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
uploadfromtaptalk1424502051752.jpg I don't why my pics are sideways, but anyway, there's my newest addition! I'm loving it so far! It's a beast tho, that's 4 sure! The radius is perfect in my hand, but it is a bit long in the 18650 mode. I prefer it in mini mode personally. I just wish the charge was a bit better using the 18350 battery. Maybe if I get a 800mah instead of 700mah it'll help. I'm using the AW's. Zmax should be here by next week I hope [emoji16] . My collection is getting there [emoji122]

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
View attachment 414221 I don't why my pics are sideways, but anyway, there's my newest addition! I'm loving it so far! It's a beast tho, that's 4 sure! The radius is perfect in my hand, but it is a bit long in the 18650 mode. I prefer it in mini mode personally. I just wish the charge was a bit better using the 18350 battery. Maybe if I get a 800mah instead of 700mah it'll help. I'm using the AW's. Zmax should be here by next week I hope [emoji16] . My collection is getting there [emoji122]

I'm really liking this device...the vape is more accurate than on my VS DNA30...proper step down really is worth it. The SVD 2.0 is solidly built and feels like a much more expensive piece than my Zmax's. I actually like it in 18650 mode, but can see why some might not. I really like the weight of the device...it gives is a richer feel. The base is extremely stable for a tube mod as well. The fit and finish rival my SXMini...and at nearly 1/4 the price, if you vape at 20w or under it is a no brainer.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Couldn't be happier Paul! I've been using SVD 2 with my aerotank mega all day and it's a chic looking mod, let me tell ya :cool:! From what I've read the step down tech doesn't really benefit one unless they sub ohm vape? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. And Oh wow!...once I discovered the rms & mean button and switched my zmax to rms it was like a completely different device! Fits my vaping style perfectly! I've been using it at lower volts with 1.8 ohm coil on my nautilus...Amazing flavor and vape! I honestly can't decide which I like best so needless to say, I'm super satisfied with both new mod purchases. I do however wish I could find a decent gun metal tank to match the zmax. Any ideas or suggestions on that? uploadfromtaptalk1424672777797.jpg

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
No step down means that you can put lower volts to your topper than the battery charge is at. If your battery is fully charged to 4.2 volts and you find that you like your vape on your 1.8 ohm coil at 3.7 volts, step down reduces that 4.2 down to 3.7.

Your Zmax always puts out 6 volts with a single battery but it sends it in pulses. The frequency and length of those pulses heats the coil to the same as a true 3.7 (or whatever you set) volts.

Last edited:

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
No step down means that you can put lower volts to your topper than the battery charge is at. If your battery is fully charged to 4.2 volts and you find that you like your vape on your 1.8 ohm coil at 3.7 volts, step down reduces that 4.2 down to 3.7.

Your Zmax always puts out 6 volts with a single battery but it sends it in pulses. The frequency and length of those pulses heats the coil to the same as a true 3.7 (or whatever you set) volts.
Very useful info Paul! So on the step down, do I hv to go into the menu to choose it or is it something that automatically turns on when needed per battery voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread