You know you're a hopeless vaper when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuafeet

Feb 12, 2015
San Diego
You can't find anything to do on a Sunday afternoon and so decide to force patina a random mod from the collection.
5o6jNvj.jpg
Any tips on getting this off? My Nemmy was forced patina'd, but now it basically looks like what gum looks like when it's on the ground and has been stepped on repeatedly, basically just black and gross looking. It lost all of the nice colors it had.

And while we're at it, once I get that patina off, is there anyway to remove the oxidation? I have a brass one, and there are a few scratches (from my keys I assume) that have scratched through the oxidation and shows it still has the beautiful shininess underneath it which I would like to get back.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Any tips on getting this off? My Nemmy was forced patina'd, but now it basically looks like what gum looks like when it's on the ground and has been stepped on repeatedly, basically just black and gross looking. It lost all of the nice colors it had.

And while we're at it, once I get that patina off, is there anyway to remove the oxidation? I have a brass one, and there are a few scratches (from my keys I assume) that have scratched through the oxidation and shows it still has the beautiful shininess underneath it which I would like to get back.
You can sand it off. And then polish it to make in shiny.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Easy enough, would I go about this the same way I used to polish wheels? Start with a course grit and make my way down to the 2000's? Or is it not that intensive?
It won't take much to sand off the patina. A fine grit sanding sponge would work. Polish it with a Cape Cod cloth.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
When you "treat" yourself to a pack of Luckies and find with every drag come questions, like:

- what's up with the wimpy smoke production?
- how did this ever taste good to me?
- why do I feel sick?
- what could possibly smell worse?
- how did this ever compliment a nice meal or a roll in the hay?

You .... out the miserable little wretch after a drag or two and toss $12 into the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread